Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Official: FitBit Thread

I love my fitbit one - if I can help am happy to try. I've had it since February and it's great. Syncing with my fitbit goes between both my home and work computer, my ipad and iphone and the device. I sound like a gearhead, but it's really for me to travel easily and make my work simpler. Once home i only use my devices mostly to check Bariatric Pal and Fitbit!

My only struggle is trying to print out my food log for my doc, but i imagine i'll find a workaround. Anyone have suggestions? I tried linking to myfitnesspal but it didn't transfer earlier data. Bummer.

It's a bit tedious to connect the two apps but once you do it works great.

I have had my Fitbit for about 1 month now and I love it. My sister and my Mom are both my fitbit pals, which helps because they are also my support network for after surgery.

I love FitBit. Find it incredibly motivating. However, since most models you have to wear on your wrist, it doesn't work for biking. I recently got a treadmill desk where my arms don't move while I'm walking (because they're on the keyboard), so I f got myself a Fitbit One, which you wear in your pocket. I love it.

I've had the FitBit Zip for two weeks, and everything was going well with it.. Until Saturday morning. I woke up, got my FitBit off the nightstand, and it read that I'd taken 32,000+ steps. For about ten minutes I thought I had a defective device and was pretty bummed. Then I remembered this was the first time I'd put it on my nightstand, which also has a table fan. :lol:

Not defective. Careful where you put these things!

I have been banded for 6.5 yrs and in February I started with a fitbit. It has been amazing at helping me maintain my 100 lb weight loss. The fitbit in conjunction with mfp are amazing tools. If you're having trouble getting motivated to exercise I highly recommend the fitbit, I've been a runner for some time now but the fitbit motivated me to become a long distance runner! I feel amazing!!!!

I love my FitBit, I got it for X-mas 2013 after my surgery and have been logging everything with it since. I am down 170ish lbs since my pre-op appointment the week of Thanksgiving and love the mental motivation it provides. I have found some of the food database is not as accurate as I would like but it is accurate enough to know when you have not done what you are supposed to. My next purchase is the Aria scale so I can track my weight more accurately. The traditional doctor bar scale at work is less than accurate with all of the people who use it everyday.

Donovan

I've had my fitbit flex for a couple of weeks now and I love it! I use it in conjunction with the map my fitness app

For you men who don't have the advantage of clipping Fitbit One to inside of your bra--My husband clips his to the neck of his t-shirt. It works great. LOL at the fan on the nightstand Ava!

LOL at the fan on the nightstand Ava!

When I look at the month graph in the app, it's a pretty funny spike! It thinks I burned 3,500 calories that day. ><

I just got my Fitbit One and would love friends!! Feel free to add me: https://www.fitbit.com/user/2VV2FX

Thanks!

Hana

I think my fitbit broke, and I am sooo bummed. I dropped my zip (only from hip height!), and it's been unresponsive since. Hopefully when I get home and can take the battery in and out it will revive. :unsure:

I ❤️ my fitbit flex!! It keeps me going an motivated, because I'm constantly trying to get to 1st place! Lol.. FYI I'm a sore looser! ????

I started at about 7-8000 steps a day but I average about 16000-22000 a day now. I walk ALOT at work... At least 12000 a day are from work alone. I also like the alarm vibration to get me up;)

I feel fit bit fooled me.

I loved it at first. Until I realized it read way to many steps than my hip pedometer did.

Then one night after work I forgot to take it off while brushing my teeth and I miraculously "walked" 100+ extra steps, I was just moving my arm from the brushing lol

After wearing both the pedometer and the fit bit , I feel the fit bit is inaccurate in comparison

I have a body bug, like the ones on the biggest loser, and until I read this post, and checked out the fitbit website I loved my body bug. This fit bit seems to use different technology than the body body bug, and I am not sure if it would be as accurate as the body bug. The free website, and cheaper price make the fit bit much more attractive than the body bug. Needless to say I am thinking about switching up and going with the fit bit, the free website tools are the kicker for me, even the premium membership at fitbit is cheaper than the body bug website. I may run a side by side comparison for a week or so and see which one works best.

I was interested in the body bug but I'm allergic to nickel and the back is nickel. So if I used it if end up with a rash that wouldn't go away until I stopped using it completely.