Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Official: FitBit Thread

I ordered the Fitbit Aria scale today....#weightlossgadgetgeek

does any of you have instagram accounts where you are sharing your journey through pics.

I love my fitbit. I bought each of my girls one. We can do challenges with each other

I feel fit bit fooled me.

I loved it at first. Until I realized it read way to many steps than my hip pedometer did.

Then one night after work I forgot to take it off while brushing my teeth and I miraculously "walked" 100+ extra steps, I was just moving my arm from the brushing lol

After wearing both the pedometer and the fit bit , I feel the fit bit is inaccurate in comparison

Hey there tfarr. I think the problem you might have there is the arm you are wearing it on. Do you wear it on your dominate arm or nondominate? I wear mine on my nomdominate side and it stays pretty accurate. Also, make sure the setting is set for the correct arm.

Always looking for more Fitbit friends for motivation and challanges! Mine is lsu2868@yahoo.com

does any of you have instagram accounts where you are sharing your journey through pics.

Yes i am on instagram rubyred138. I am down 56lbs since exactly one year ago- 33 of it since my surgery 7/1/14

I love FitBit. Find it incredibly motivating. However, since most models you have to wear on your wrist, it doesn't work for biking. I recently got a treadmill desk where my arms don't move while I'm walking (because they're on the keyboard), so I f got myself a Fitbit One, which you wear in your pocket. I love it.

I just stick my fitbit flex in my pocket or in my sock/ shoe so it records my movements on the bike or when im grocery shopping & pushing a cart with my hands

I have a fitbit and I attach in on my bra. I love it and wear it everyday. I look forward to seeing how much I walk. I'm an RN and do a lot of walking at work.

I have a Garmin 620 watch and carry my iPhone with My Fitness Pal app linked to the Runkeeper app on my phone. When I run which is 10k (6.2 miles every other day) Runkeeper keeps track of my calories burned and sends it to My Fitness Pal which then discounts it to from my daily calorie intake. I love it. Are any of you bariatric athletes? I'm 8 months post mini gastric bypass surgery and have lost 126 lbs dropping from 320 to 194 lbs today. I run as mentioned above and love it however cannot find any information on the nutrition recommendations for someone like me who takes in 900 cals/day but burns 1200 running in the hour.

I have a Fitbit One and it's been working pretty well. However, today I walked my dogs and it recorded me as doing 40 floors! The only thing I can think of is that one of my dogs is old and very slow, so while she was poking along, I started double-time marching in place. I've done that before, though, and it never recorded it as floors, just steps.

I had a BodyMedia Fit Link armband, but after three years it started falling apart. The company sold out to Jawbone and they are no longer selling them. Today I got a Fitbit Surge to replace it. It is a lot more comfortable than the armband, but I don't know how accurate it will be. I have a habit of fidgeting with my hair and it is counting it as steps.

LOVE my fitbit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have the Fitbit Charge

The new Apple watch has some of the same features as the FITBIT. As per Jimmy Fallon it is based on arm motion. Just go to the last third of the bit on youtube for a good laugh about teenage boys.

Honey, Harold walked a thousand miles yesterday. We are going to have to buy him new shoes.

So if you are cycling, you may need to use the GPS on your smartphone or Garmin instead.

First day using it and I am impressed with it and the website. The ability to create a meal plan, workout and track all my walking was worth the 89 bucks. Even the caloric restriction and weight loss goals can all be entered on their site. If this works out for me, I might buy the unit with heart rate monitor, GPS and Caller ID (SURGE). It is kind of silly of me to be wearing both a Polar Heart Rate monitor and a FITBIT.

Is it worth it to join the premium version of the FITBIT website?