Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Official: FitBit Thread

Who all uses it? I just got one through work - I work for HCA and they have a thing called H2U that is supposed to help you get healthy (ties in with insurance as well). Since I have a high BMI I was able to get one for free - They cost about 100.00 at Best Buy. If you have a profile and want to add me mine's http://www.fitbit.com/user/23RCRX

Please keep us posted. I am a gadget girl and was checking fitbit out. I'll wait for your review

I have had one for a year and absolutely love it. You will find yourself addicted to it and motivated to make those numbers go up and up!

Sent from my iPad using VST

Me too. I'm a Bodybugg user. Have been for a few years. But, I'm thinking about switching.

So far its awesome.. it even tracks how you sleep. It comes with a wristband - you wear it while you sleep then log into the site. Just tell it what time you went to bed and what time you woke up - it does the rest. It's wireless so I don't even have to dock it. It just updates while I'm near the pc.

I may run a side by side comparison for a week or so and see which one works best.

Did you ever do the comparison?

Hello all~

I have a fitbit and love it! Now that I am post op, I need to adjust my stride, etc. I use the site regularly to track my food as well. However, I need to roam around the FitBit site and learn about what is available there. I've had mine for about 3 months, 2.5 months pre-op and haven't worn it since surgery 9 days ago. However, I'm putting it on today!

If you have any tips about using it, please let me know.

Thanks! :rolleyes:

Does the fit bit work on an elliptical machine?

I love my fitbit flex. It really motivates me to get my five miles in each day. Being that I sit at a desk all day, I never really realized how few steps I used to take. The sleep mode has motivated me to get to bed earlier and I use the silent alarm to wake up. Love it!

I need a way to keep track of the calories I am burning doing my Couch to 5k and just being active. Is the Fitbit worth buying for this purpose? For those who have Fitbit's do you like them? How do they work?

I use my fitness pal it's easy and useful!

I just got a fitbit' date=' and I have to say, I love, love, LOVE it! It is motivating like you would not believe. I want to meet my daily steps goal, so I check it frequently and find all kinds of excuses to get up and move now. I park in the farthest spots away in parking lots, walk to the opposite end of the building to use the restroom instead of using the one right next to my cubicle, etc. And, mine is very accurate thus far.

I love the website, and the fact that it is free. I have decided to do all my food tracking there as well. Right now, it is not the greatest in terms of its database, but Fitbit is aware of that and working on improving it. I am actually in a group who will be testing their new food entry program starting tomorrow, and will let you know how I like it.

If you are on there, add me, my profile is in my signature.[/quote']

I love my fitbit; but I track my food in My Fitness Pal, which syncs with my fitbit. Much better database of foods.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using VST

Hi Everyone! Just started using my new fitbit flex

today. So far, I love it! Please feel free to add me.

I'm blaze5@verizon.net. Thanks

I had been using MyFitnessPal prior to getting my Fitbit and for a while I tracked food on MyFitnessPal and synced also but it got to be a hassle using two different apps so I migrated everything to Fitbit and use that exclusively.

I just got a fitbit, and I have to say, I love, love, LOVE it! It is motivating like you would not believe. I want to meet my daily steps goal, so I check it frequently and find all kinds of excuses to get up and move now. I park in the farthest spots away in parking lots, walk to the opposite end of the building to use the restroom instead of using the one right next to my cubicle, etc. And, mine is very accurate thus far.

I love the website, and the fact that it is free. I have decided to do all my food tracking there as well. Right now, it is not the greatest in terms of its database, but Fitbit is aware of that and working on improving it. I am actually in a group who will be testing their new food entry program starting tomorrow, and will let you know how I like it.

If you are on there, add me, my profile is in my signature.

I love my fitbit; but I track my food in My Fitness Pal, which syncs with my fitbit. Much better database of foods.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using VST

I love my fitbit. I had bypass on tues jan 21. Any idea what a reasonable step goal is during post op recovery? I don't want to overdo it. But I want to do enough.

I just rec'd my first Fitbit force. For those that have cigna, they have a partnership to give 50% off a fitbit. Log in through Cigna and they have a link to Fitbit (any of the wrist devices) to get 50% off :). I've synced it with myfitnesspal and can't wait to start using it once it's charged.