Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Official: FitBit Thread

So my FITBIT and Accupedo apps do not agree. One tells me I did 5.56 miles and 12,485 steps, while the other says 6.03 miles and 14,476 steps. One is motion based the other is GPS based. Yep, I am like a kid with a new toy. Will probably evaluate a few other devices and applications just for the fun of it.

So I am supposed to do at least 10,000 steps a day:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Get-Fit/What-is-the-average-steps-per-day/m-p/81625#M1959

post-254435-0-03842000-1432692849_thumb.png

Edited by Nikasio

add me please

pgarcia0812@yahoo.com on fitbit!

Have had my fitbit for almost a year. LOVE it. I dont think I would be as successful without it. (I'm a numbers person)

I need friends though. Please feel free to add me cadladykim@gmail.com

Love mine feel free to add me sandersen1968@gmail.com

My fitbit momoffalin@yahoo.com

Would love some more friends on FitBit, please add me clairebray79@gmail.com

Love my Fitbit!!

I have a fitbit and I love it.

However, there are a few things to keep in mind.

1) it does not sync with every phone. You can check the fitbit website and it tells you what phones it has trouble with.

2) it is not always accurate. When on a road trip from MA to OH, where I was hardly did much walking, my fitbit recorded that I walked 10 miles, and did 25 flights of stairs. This made it obvious that while in the car it's calculating steps you are not taking.

Other than that I really like the motivation I get to take the extra steps, or the stairs instead of the elevator. Plus it has challenges so you can challenge your friends to take more steps too.

I love mine I have been challenging friends and I have gotten up to 10000 step in a day

Anyone have tips for the Fitbit plus shopping? My SIL gave me a Flex, I wear it on my wrist. But it basically doesn't count steps when I am pushing a shopping cart. I have checked, and after 5-10 steps holding the handle it stops counting. So a trip through costco might clock in at 200-300 steps. It is frustrating that a weekend day running errands I log so few steps when my feet are killing me. (I'm still pre op.) tips?

Jess, mom to Ysabel, 6 and Maggie, 3

I have a FitBit flex and have no complaints. For me it not only serves as a personal accountability/activity tool, but a way for an insurance discount. With your insurance if you have a BMI > 30 you pay a higher premium unless you do the FitBit tracking for 10k steps 3x wkly.

I had a fitbit One that I wore religiously for 2.5 years and for Christmas I was spoiled and got the Fitbit Surge!

I love it!!!

I can't live without my fitbit!

Edited by heather5565

I absolutely love my fitbit. My husband and I got each other the Fitbit Charge HR for Christmas. I like that it takes my heart rate continuously throughout the day, giving me a more accurate count of calories burned. I can also specifically target a time for a workout, which will tell me how many calories I burned during that specific time. It has also helped me better track my sleep patterns, and correlate my resting heartrate to different events (e.g. hydration, stress, even seeing the directly correlation to a night having a couple drinks and how that effects my sleep...). It took me a couple days to get used to wearing it, as it is somewhat "bulky" but after a few days I didn't even realize it was there anymore. I also have to make sure I charge it every 3-4 days (nothing more frustrating than not getting an accurate picture of your day because the battery died at 10am!!).

I also use my fitness pal and love that I can sync the two. This allows me to see what my true calorie deficit is during the day, and helps me taylor my diet.

I feel like the fitbit has really helped me hone in on a few key areas and helped me better my health and fittness. I would highly recommend it! We got ours on sale for $119, and it is very much worth the price!!

:)