Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pureed Food Diet Ideas - HELP :)

I was sleeved on June 1st. All seems to be going ok. I have lost 20 lbs since on the liquid stage. Now that I hit pureed stage I haven't lost a pound...

Should I be discouraged? I just hope I am not doing anything wrong.

I feel like I have come a long way since surgery day. The day I was discharged from the hospital I had the chills and was so bloated I felt horrible but then 2 days later it was so much better. Now almost 3 weeks later, what a difference!! I can feel some of my clothes fit looser. I can see the weight loss in my face, fingers and feet. Not the best places to be noticeable but its a start!! Now, I do have strange red raised welts surrounding 3 of my incision sites that itch like CRAZY!! I saw it was pretty common in some sleevers. Maybe a reaction to the glue adhesive they used to cover the incision sites but it seems the rashes appeared after the glue was peeled off.....weird...

I am looking for suggestions for the pureed food stage. My doc didn't give me much as far as suggestions. What can I have and what should I avoid? I try and start with oatmeal or cream of wheat with nonfat dried milk powder (which adds more protein), I add 1/2 packet of splenda and cinnamon. lunch I have had pureed chicken with little mayo & hot sauce and some V8 juice. I know the goal is Protein so that is what I am trying most to put in my mouth. I drink a good amount of Water and crystal light and I try and drink a 12oz Protein shake during the course of the day (60 grams of protein!) GNC wheybolic extreme chocolate is soooooo good!

Would love to hear from anyone with ideas/suggestions. Also want to see if I am on the right track as far as weight loss... SO excited for my future - just want to stay on the right track.

Thanks so much!

Dawn

I lived on :

1 hard-boiled egg, 1 teaspoon of fat free mayo, squirt of lime/lemon, and half an avocado put in a magic bullet and pureed.

1 can of tuna, 1 teaspoon of fat free mayo, squirt of lime/lemon, and half an avocado put in a magic bullet and pureed.< /p>

1 can of chicken breast, 1 teaspoon of fat free mayo, squirt of lime/lemon, and half an avocado put in a magic bullet and pureed.

Hormel turkey chili w/ Beans put in a magic bullet and pureed.

Refried Beans topped with Monterey Jack cheese.

Look for the recipe in the food section for the ricotta bake. It's yummy.

Greek yogurt is great too.It has much more Protein than any other kind of yogurt. If you buy plain, you can mix in sf pudding or sf Syrup, like they put in coffee drinks. I like Choboni's raspberry Greek yogurt. It's delicious.

I was sleeved on June 1st. All seems to be going ok. I have lost 20 lbs since on the liquid stage. Now that I hit pureed stage I haven't lost a pound...

I feel like I have come a long way since surgery day. The day I was discharged from the hospital I had the chills and was so bloated I felt horrible but then 2 days later it was so much better. Now almost 3 weeks later, what a difference!! I can feel some of my clothes fit looser. I can see the weight loss in my face, fingers and feet. Not the best places to be noticeable but its a start!! Now, I do have strange red raised welts surrounding 3 of my incision sites that itch like CRAZY!! I saw it was pretty common in some sleevers. Maybe a reaction to the glue adhesive they used to cover the incision sites but it seems the rashes appeared after the glue was peeled off.....weird...

I am looking for suggestions for the pureed food stage. My doc didn't give me much as far as suggestions. What can I have and what should I avoid? I try and start with oatmeal or cream of wheat with nonfat dried milk powder (which adds more protein), I add 1/2 packet of splenda and cinnamon. lunch I have had pureed chicken with little mayo & hot sauce and some V8 juice. I know the goal is Protein so that is what I am trying most to put in my mouth. I drink a good amount of Water and crystal light and I try and drink a 12oz Protein Shake during the course of the day (60 grams of protein!) GNC wheybolic extreme chocolate is soooooo good!

Would love to hear from anyone with ideas/suggestions. Also want to see if I am on the right track as far as weight loss... SO excited for my future - just want to stay on the right track.

Thanks so much!

Dawn

Ditto on the GNC wheybolic extreme drinks! The chocolate tastes JUST like chocolate milk .. I love when its super cold :) Try the Cookies n cream too.. its pretty good. Negative on the strawberry though.. lol just a heads up incase you havent tried it yet and were thinking of doing so.

My post op diet doesnt even have a pureed stage.. i go from full liquids to solids in 3 1/2 more weeks!!! Try Hummus.. if you like it.. its delicious!

I made mock enchilladas! Use crock pot shredded beef, it's really soft! 2oz of the beef, a tbsp of enchillada sauce, cheddar cheese and blend it up. Top with a dollup of sour cream! So yummy!!

I also did chorizo and eggs with cheese.

refried Beans w/cheese and sour cream

corned beef hash w/egg (blended)

Fage yogurt w/splenda and a bit of crystal light mix

cream of potato Soup mixed with milk, bacon bits, and cheddar cheese (blended up)

GREAT IDEAS !!

Thanks for your reply ! :)

Dawn

I lived on :

1 hard-boiled egg, 1 teaspoon of fat free mayo, squirt of lime/lemon, and half an avocado put in a magic bullet and pureed.

1 can of tuna, 1 teaspoon of fat free mayo, squirt of lime/lemon, and half an avocado put in a magic bullet and pureed.< /p>

1 can of chicken breast, 1 teaspoon of fat free mayo, squirt of lime/lemon, and half an avocado put in a magic bullet and pureed.

Hormel turkey chili w/ Beans put in a magic bullet and pureed.

Refried Beans topped with Monterey Jack cheese.

Thanks SO much ! I love the Chobani but I was fearful of the sugar content so I bought the plain (yuck) and mix with 1/2 tsp of honey or 1/2 packet of splenda.

Thanks again for responded!

Dawn :)

Look for the recipe in the food section for the ricotta bake. It's yummy.

Greek yogurt is great too.It has much more Protein than any other kind of yogurt. If you buy plain, you can mix in sf pudding or sf Syrup, like they put in coffee drinks. I like Choboni's raspberry Greek yogurt. It's delicious.

YUMMO !

Thanks for suggestions! Will give them a try!

Dawn :)

I made mock enchilladas! Use crock pot shredded beef, it's really soft! 2oz of the beef, a tbsp of enchillada sauce, cheddar cheese and blend it up. Top with a dollup of sour cream! So yummy!!

I also did chorizo and eggs with cheese.

refried Beans w/cheese and sour cream

corned beef hash w/egg (blended)

Fage yogurt w/splenda and a bit of crystal light mix

cream of potato Soup mixed with milk, bacon bits, and cheddar cheese (blended up)

I also ate most of the above and the following:

Turkey Meatloaf pureed with chicken gravy...yummy

Dinty Moore beef stew pureed

Wendy's chili pureed

Any type of food can be pureed if you put a little mayo or gravy on it for moisture. It is better to add gravy than Water for added flavor.

Kelly :D

I also wanted to add that I also stopped losing when I went to the soft food stage. I was so discouraged. My surgeon advised that almost all of his patients stop losing when transitioning to this stage. It is because of the "soft caloires".

He said that once we are able to eat more solid foods we will start losing agiain. Welp, he was correct. I was on that stage for 2 weeks and did not lose a single pound!! When I went to the next stage of food and was able to eat meat! BAM!! Lost 4 lbs in 5 days. So, don't fret, it is just the food and all the carbs and calories in them. It is ok tho, we have to do it. You will get there too.

Kelly :D

I am looking for suggestions for the pureed food stage. My doc didn't give me much as far as suggestions. What can I have and what should I avoid? I try and start with oatmeal or cream of wheat with nonfat dried milk powder (which adds more protein), I add 1/2 packet of splenda and cinnamon. lunch I have had pureed chicken with little mayo & hot sauce and some V8 juice. I know the goal is Protein so that is what I am trying most to put in my mouth. I drink a good amount of Water and crystal light and I try and drink a 12oz Protein shake during the course of the day (60 grams of protein!) GNC wheybolic extreme chocolate is soooooo good!

Thanks so much!

Dawn

I am wondering the same thing. I was sleeve on June 8th and have los 1 pounds. I was on puree since I left the hospital but I can get 2 oz down at a time. its getting better, oday I finished 4 oz of activia lite. However, I am no getting in the Protein. I just want to have maximum weight loss so any food suggestions would be grealy appreaciated.

I am wondering the same thing. I was sleeve on June 8th and have los 1 pounds. I was on puree since I left the hospital but I can get 2 oz down at a time. its getting better, oday I finished 4 oz of activia lite. However, I am no getting in the Protein. I just want to have maximum weight loss so any food suggestions would be grealy appreaciated.

What stage are you on?

Tip: Chipotle put into a blender somehow tastes nothing like Chipotle. Gah.

Maybe a reaction to the glue adhesive they used to cover the incision sites but it seems the rashes appeared after the glue was peeled off.....weird...

I have a mild allergy to latex , but it takes prolonged contact - about 15 minutes iis usually enough. If they used latex dressing, it could be a latex allergy or sensitivity. You might want to request cloth tape or fabric bandages in the future. Do you get the same reaction with bandaids?

FWIW, if I leave cloth/fabric bandages on longer than a day or so, I will get a sort of "melted skin" reaction. I've been told there's probably something in the actual adhesive that I react to, but it's only on certain parts of my body. My post-op bandages - forget it, I look like a leper. Had to use regular bandaids on my ear for 2 weeks - perfectly fine. My hamds, abdomen, and feet - so far - seem to be the only areas that are bothered by whatever it is in the adhesive.