Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New Protein drink I look forward to now!!

So yesterday i was grocery shopping and was trying to think of some new ideas for what I can blend.. as I am sick of yogurt, Soup, and cream of wheat. Also sick of my same old Protein powders mixed with Water. (Milk is not agreeing with my sleeve at all).

I love the flavors of my Protein powder though... so I know I dont want to change them, they are the leanest I have seen yet. Anyways, today a few hrs before Breakfast I mixed up my vanilla Protein Powder, 1/4 banana, a lil spoon of FF strawberry greek yogurt, water, and splash of Diet V8 Splash Tropical Medley.. and blended away. It .. was . .AMAZING. I SO LOOK FWD TO DRINKING THIS AGAIN LATER! lol

Additionally ... I love cream of wheat but im tired of the original one. I found the variety pack.. which somehow I never noticed before. Has anyone tried the other flavors? any good?

What Protein powder do you use? I have yet to find one I can even tolerate :(

I use GNC's Pro Performance AMP - Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60

Heres the 411 on it:

1 serving (3 scoops) is 60 grams. I need between 40-60 a day.. so depending on what else im having for the day sometimes i do 2 scoops, sometimes I do the full 3 scoops. You cannot digest 60gr of Protein in one sitting of course.. so usually I do one scoop when I first get up, another during the afternoon a few hrs before dinner, and if i do a 3rd I do it at night. Anyways...... its 280 calories for all 3 scoops (60Grams of protein) .. of that 280, only 10 calories from fat, Total carbs 7grams, total fat 1gram, and total sugar 2grams!! I have not found ANYTHING that is as lean and I have been on a mean search for months lol ........ anything that I found that was less calories tasted like butt. My dr says this is a GREAT choice.

Flavors - Vanilla, strawberry, chocolate, Cookies n Cream, and fruit Punch........ I have tried all except fruit punch.. and LOVE them all.

TRY IT :)

Milk is not agreeing with me either in my shakes so I tried Silk Vanilla Light and it is delish!

On my routine, instant individual packs of hot Cereal are NOT allowed. Check your list from your nutritionist. I bought the Protein shake that you are drinking and find it too fiscous. I only use one scoop at a time and will finish the container (too expensive not too), but will go back to "TopCare" from good of Price Chopper. It meets my requirements and I have fun "dressing it up" with xtracts and flavorings.

Have you tried grits?

Good luck,

Valentina

On my routine, instant individual packs of hot Cereal are NOT allowed. Check your list from your nutritionist. I bought the Protein shake that you are drinking and find it too fiscous. I only use one scoop at a time and will finish the container (too expensive not too), but will go back to "TopCare" from good of Price Chopper. It meets my requirements and I have fun "dressing it up" with xtracts and flavorings.

Have you tried grits?

Good luck,

Valentina

The Protein stuff I always do in the blender... Did u try it that way??

never had grits .. What do they taste like ? Do u put anything in with it?

So yesterday i was grocery shopping and was trying to think of some new ideas for what I can blend.. as I am sick of yogurt, Soup, and cream of wheat. Also sick of my same old Protein powders mixed with Water. (Milk is not agreeing with my sleeve at all).

I love the flavors of my Protein powder though... so I know I dont want to change them, they are the leanest I have seen yet. Anyways, today a few hrs before breakfast I mixed up my vanilla protein powder, 1/4 banana, a lil spoon of FF strawberry greek yogurt, Water, and splash of Diet V8 Splash Tropical Medley.. and blended away. It .. was . .AMAZING. I SO LOOK FWD TO DRINKING THIS AGAIN LATER! lol

Additionally ... I love cream of wheat but im tired of the original one. I found the variety pack.. which somehow I never noticed before. Has anyone tried the other flavors? any good?

So you typically mix this with just water as your base, and then dress it up?

I'l have to pick up the diet V8. I heard someone else mention it at my support meeting as being a tasty way to add some healthy flavor to drinks.

Yeah water.. Or milk if u like it. Right now I dont. Maybe half and half Water if u want... Up to u but yes I do just water. canned fruit like the no sugar added peaches are what im gonna use later. :)

Are you allowed banana? I wasn't until soft foods. I still am wary because of the carbs- plus it is part of the BRAT diet when you have diarrhea- which to me means it does the opposite- gack!!!!

I am also cautioned against having cream of wheat too often as it essentially carbs. You want to keep yourself on Protein with minimal carbs so you don't have trouble keeping on the path once you add food.

Mmmmm....grits....too bad I love my grits with butter and brown sugar. Not on my list right now!

I am happy you found out you get real food right after your five weeks Tamz! That is awesome.

Are you allowed banana? I wasn't until soft foods. I still am wary because of the carbs- plus it is part of the BRAT diet when you have diarrhea- which to me means it does the opposite- gack!!!!

I am also cautioned against having cream of wheat too often as it essentially carbs. You want to keep yourself on Protein with minimal carbs so you don't have trouble keeping on the path once you add food.

Mmmmm....grits....too bad I love my grits with butter and brown sugar. Not on my list right now!

I had no idea that maybe I shouldnt use bananas. Ugh. Cream of wheat and oatmeal are on the suggested foods list for full liquid. I really dont have a list of yes/no foods. Just a few examples of what to eat. maybe he didnt mention the carbs since im only eating 2oz 3 times a day.

I took 1 bite of mashed up a bit watered down baked Beans today. I know!! Im going straight to hell. But... I didnt have any issues with it. I just wanted a bite, it satisfied me lol.

Tamz- be careful! Just because it goes down does not mean it can't do damage in your young sleeve! You are not even at two weeks and you need to let it heal. I suggest you google VSG leak and find out what you could have happen- seriously girl why are you doing stuff like this? This is the time to show you have what it takes for the long haul. That means following the rules and not succumbing to cravings and whims about what you can do to push the envelope.

I need a break from this place. That is what I just figured out. Then I wont have to worry about you any more when you post stuff like this.

Tamz- be careful! Just because it goes down does not mean it can't do damage in your young sleeve! You are not even at two weeks and you need to let it heal. I suggest you google VSG leak and find out what you could have happen- seriously girl why are you doing stuff like this? This is the time to show you have what it takes for the long haul. That means following the rules and not succumbing to cravings and whims about what you can do to push the envelope.

I need a break from this place. That is what I just figured out. Then I wont have to worry about you any more when you post stuff like this.

no need to worry about me. I called the Nurse line after I ate it because i felt guilty.. she called back and asked how much i ate i said part of a teaspoon.. mashed up mixed with Water. she didnt seem to worry. she said as long as i mashed it and it was more liquidy it should be ok .. if not i would have felt it after.

sorry you feel you need a break from this place because of me......... we all make mistakes and im sure i am not the ONLY person to have done something such as this. Im not perfect. You dont need to worry about me going forward.

Tamz...I am not here to lecture you--you are grown...But I can see where everyone is worrying about you honey...You seem to be "pushing it". I am pre op and by no way am I telling you what to do or how to feel--I have no idea yet what you ladies and gentleman are going through and how difficult it is. I am scared myself. But it seems like everyday you get on here and post another forum about how you tried something that isn't recommended by your dr. I can tell that the people on this site are very caring and supportive. I think they just want you to succeed and without problems. And if you keep doing these things, you might possibly end up with something wrong....This is a SUPPORT group and that is what they are here for--to guide and support you. They can't support you easily if they are constantly worrying about what you are going to try next. But just as you said, you are NOT perfect (NO ONE IS) but please PLEASE try to stick to the diet your dr gave you. If you need something more detailed to tell you the "DON'T DO's"--then call them and tell them that. I am sure they can print you out something. We are all here for each other, we are here to root you on and here to watch your progress! Stick with it TAMZ--you can do it! You will be back eating SMALL portions of your fav foods in no time!