Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A Wierd but Tasty Post-Op Meal/Snack

Ham & Pickle Roll

Yeah I know this may sound really odd, but it is great!!!! You get your protien and your veggie!!

I am doing this based on my stage in the post op diet, I am just one month out and only on 1 to 2 oz of food per meal.

1 slice of ham (3 g of fat or less per slice of course)

1 tsp of light cream cheese

1 dill pickle

Simply spread the cream cheese over the ham and roll it up with the pickle!!

Remember, CHEW SLOWLY

If you are further along on your diet, you may use more than one slice of ham, just use less cream sheese per slice and cut the pickle in half lengthwise.

Hmm..... sounds interesting. I am game to try it.

I've seen these a lot as hordeurves, they use a very small spear of pickle, cut up and put on toothpicks. Yummy too!

That is where I first had them, as little appetizers at a christmas party a few years ago. My husband handed me a plate, since i couldn't see to get my own without making a mess of the table lol, and siad there is some cheese, and some kind of ham thing and it looks like a pickle on the inside of it. I also tried them with olives, but i liked the pickle better.

I have always liked pickles, just never ate them. Now they provide a little jolt of flavor, something to give a treat to the old taste buds. I have eaten more dill pickles since my sleeve that in the last 10 years. This may sound really bad to some, but I diced up a dill pickle spear in cottage cheese the other night and it tasted great. Next time I will add a few chopped black olives too. I know...you're not the first people to think I'm weird...Kathe

I've done this with green olives... i made a green olive & cream cheese sandwich spread.. yummy!!

Love it...will also do it with olives for a change up.

Thanks for sharing!

Yes, these are delicious!!!

Ham & Pickle Roll

Yeah I know this may sound really odd, but it is great!!!! You get your protien and your veggie!!

I am doing this based on my stage in the post op diet, I am just one month out and only on 1 to 2 oz of food per meal.

1 dill pickle

Remember, CHEW SLOWLY

If you are further along on your diet, you may use more than one slice of ham, just use less cream sheese per slice and cut the pickle in half lengthwise.

sounds perfect for when I do get real foods...

that would make a great bento box meal.

for the ones that eat pickles- a quick and easy way to pickle things you like...

save THAT juice and jar...

like jalapenos? slice jalapenos and put them in jar with juice- cover and enjoy.

(I also add the grape tomatoes and a few thin slices of carrot)

ALSO that watermelon rind... don't toss it away... cut it up and put it in the Pickle Juice,

2 days is all that is needed... I leave some pink flesh.

you may add a clove of garlic and a pinch of chili flakes...

that has got to be my fav. snack... and I just learned about this 6 weeks ago...

Yummy...I crave enjoy salty foods so this will be satisfying...thanks Karen and Chef for the great ideas.

I do this too but instead of cream cheese I use munster cheese and also add in tomato! Really tasty. Because we can eat so little now, I find I savor the flavors of my foods now more than ever.

I do this too but instead of cream cheese I use munster cheese and also add in tomato! Really tasty. Because we can eat so little now, I find I savor the flavors of my foods now more than ever.

I agree, Raine. I enjoy everything now so much. My daughter and I said last night that we both enjoy so many good tastes now that there are very few things we really miss. We have concocted so many good meals. However, the other night when I was watching food Network and they were having big thick juicy hamburgers, I thought I might bite my pillow!! But overall, life is so much better now food wise, I would never go back. To say nothing of the fact that my food budget is so much smaller now!! Rah, rah, rah...YEAH SLEEVE!! Kathe

do you guys have any problems with the pickle skin????

Ham & Pickle Roll

1 dill pickle

Remember, CHEW SLOWLY