Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate to say this but...

The honeymoon period is definetely over!! And now I know by personal experience that the honeyperiod does exist!

As many of you know I've been struggling with working my sleeve lately, so I decided to go back to basics and it isn't easy!!!!!!!! I'm back to mostly Protein and good carbs and no snacking. I've started to increase the intensity of my workouts to try and start moving the scales again. No more snacking and NO junk or alcohol! And it's much harder then in the first 6 months, at least for me. I'm craving carbs like mad, today I was doing a body combat class and I got all shakey and had to sit down and put my feet up for a few minutes, and I know it'ss my blood sugar trying to regulate itself again. I didn't give in though, just had a small fruit smoothie (no sugar) and now having chicken breast for lunch.< /p>

So for those of you who are in the early stages try and do your best in the first few months, check on Tiffykins posts where she said she never strayed til she got to goal (or Juliarh). I know I'm gonna make it to goal, but it's damn harder now that I'm almost 11 months out, so wish me luck and makethe most of your first few months!!

I'm so right there with you! I give you so much credit for cutting out the snacks! I have tried so many times, but just cannot do it! I will say that I 'mostly' snack on fruit and healthy stuff, but the occasional cookie, or chocolate does get in there! I am only 8 months out and I have 11 pounds to get to my personal goal of 135. My Dr did not give me a goal and everyone keeps telling me I am small enough, but I want to be at a NORMAL BMI! and I feel that 135 is a good place.

The summer is going to be the hardest with all the BBqs and parties, but i will do my best. Together we can do this honeymoon or not!!!

You can sooooooooooooooooo do it chickee ! ! ! I know that it's going to be difficult for me to lose pregnancy weight even though everyone says that it'll be easy.

I never realized how my mind had changed so much before pregnancy. All of the food demons that I hear people talking about, the head hunger, the cravings are a very real problem for me in this pregnancy. I never, and I mean never in my first 22 months post-op did I experience the mind issues that I'm facing now. I can only attribute it to the pregnancy, and raging hormones. I have always empathized with those that had tremendous head hunger, and cravings. BUT, now I'm living it, and it's a true struggle that has overwhelmed me. I didn't mean to highjack your topic, but thought I would add my experience to those that are struggling or have struggled.

I have no doubt that you will achieve your goal. It'll be work, but it'll be so worth it ! ! !

I am right there with you. We went on a cruise recently and I let myself eat what I wanted, when I wanted. Desserts were soooooooooooooooooooo yummy!

I am up to 130 which is 2 pounds above my high for weight fluctuations. I thought it would be easy to get back down, but 2 weeks later & it hasn't gone down at all. Kind of scary! I've been maintaining at 125-128 without any real thoughts or worries. Guess it's a good lesson in not taking this tool for granted.

Back to basics for me as well. WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hiya Chilo,

I agree.... my honeymoon period stopped in December... I have to work soooo damn hard to lose a pound now, but like you I haven't gained either.

I have come to the conclusion that my body will do it at its own pace! I too am doing the basics and hoping that I will see some movement!

Remember, we are in this together... shout if you need me xx

I am so with you every one! I can totally relate. I'm in the exact same boat as everyone else. . . tough as hell to get back up and running. . . but you know what guys? Look at us, we are here, chatting and sharing our experiences with each other, that means we're still in the program with our support system and with this great support system, we are strong enough to do anything. . we might get there slower, but damn it we'll get there! (cheerleader side pops in RRRRAAAHHHHH)

THAT's true we have each other, and it must be so hard to understand what we're going trough unless you've been through it yourself! We can do this, thanks to all for your support, and please ask for my support whenever any of you need to, I'm always around :P

I just wanted to add ... You guys are awesome. Thanks for sticking around and being great sounding boards and supporters.

Thanks for the peek into the future. It makes me appreciated my honeymoon even more. And know that even when its over I'll be better than I woulda been without the sleeve. What's the biggest problem hunger or slipping into eating bad foods?

Well that reality really makes me glad this surgery is permanent! Looks like we don't need the rest of our stomachs! I'm getting to the place you are talking about, its not like before where I was super hungry, but I SO could eat a handful of potato chips with my husband in the evening.

Thanks for the peek into the future. It makes me appreciated my honeymoon even more. And know that even when its over I'll be better than I woulda been without the sleeve. What's the biggest problem hunger or slipping into eating bad foods?

Going back to bad habits like skipping Breakfast, maybe eating maybe not, eating on the run, not exercising, stress eating, cravings, stress drinking, etc, etc, etc,. . . . not much but bad nonetheless. . .

The one thing I'm on top on is the exercise, after my sleeve the one thing that I love doing are my exercise classes :D

I wish you luck and I appreciate the advice about the honeymoon period. I think it is easy to take that for granted until we read a post like this. Your experience is helpful to so many. Thanks!smile.gif

Good luck to all of you going back to basics!

I do believe that having this support system sets us ahead of the pack for sure....Good luck ladies, and thanks for sharing it all... I really appreciate it.