Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Approved for Surgery July 11

I started a video blog (just one video for now) that I will be updating throughout my journey. It's on YouTube under TheButterfly145 if you want to follow me. :) ill be on the boards here as well. It's really wonderful to be able share this experience with so many others all around the country.

The Butterfly

My surgery date was moved UP! I am now getting my sleeve on the 7th of July. I might not be a July 11th sleever but I'll definitely keep you all posted on my progress.

I am really excited about this and start my Protein on Wednesday of this week. I took some time this weekend to clean out my fridge of anything I won't be able to eat and clear the cupbards. The Protein is pretty much the only thing left now so I won't feel bad seeing things I can't have. This is finally starting to feel real now!

I'm a little worried because I am extremely sensitive to artificial sweeteners and everything I read says they give you sugar-free Jello or popcicles after the procedure. I have never been able to find a sugar-free Jello of any kind that doesnt contain either splenda or aspartame so I'm reasonably sure that's what I'll be offered. I plan on talking to the hospital and my surgeon about this during my pre-op testing but I was wondering if anyone else had similar concerns or experiences they might be able to share.

Wow Butterfly, how exciting to have your date moved up. Keep us posted if you can by that weekend, so we know how your doing before the 11th.

I've already asked my hubby to update you guys if I'm not able to get on the computer. He is a geek and loves this stuff. LOL

Has anyone been able to access the board from their iPhone app? I can't seem to get mine to work.

I have been able to read and post from my droid by going directly to the site from my e-mail links. I haven't tried on the iPhone but I'll look for the app today and see if I can offer any assistance. :)

Wow! Add me to the July 11 Group!! I can't wait to come back here in the next couple weeks to see how well we are all doing!

Congrats Marilynn. Where are you having your surgery done? And what doc?

Butterfly, I finally got the iPhone app to work for me. So hubby or myself should be able to update everyone on my surgery day.

Can't wait to hear how you do on the 7th. I'll be thinking about you.

I too am having surgery July 11th. I am having a hard time drinking Protein because it taste horrible, but I've come too far to look back now. Moving on with it too!

Just curious where you are having your surgery. Since we have the same insurance, I was wondering if you were doing it at Methodist. Congrats on your approval and date!!

I was finally approved today by BCBS. I'm so excited and scared.

I don't know what to do next. I'm feeling very overwhelmed.

I've tried a few of the Protein Drinks, right now, I prefer the EAS, and the costco Protein that is pre mixed. They aren't terrible, but I can't imagine drinking either of them all day everyday. Right now I'm just doing 2 a day until my all liquid diet starts on the 7th! Congrats and good luck!!!

I too am having surgery July 11th. I am having a hard time drinking Protein because it taste horrible, but I've come too far to look back now. Moving on with it too!

Sweet dreams...I'm having my surgery at Baylor Plano.

Good Luck. Only one week away. I'm excited.

2 daughters.....on my second vlog entry in my signature, I talk about what I'm drinking right now. I bought a few samples from "mybariatricpantry.com". I will say the Bariatric Advantage brand is good. I also bought some from GNC and its not bad either. I think the best way is to make sure you mix, mix, mix. I use a "bullet" type blender I got at Walmart for $20. It's quick, easy and mixes in the same cup you drink out of. I also put a couple of ice cubes in mine.

You can add flavorings also to make different type shakes. Here are some ideas from this thread.

http://www.verticalsleevetalk.com/topic/5906-a-huge-list-of-protein-drink-recipes/

Congrats Marilynn. Where are you having your surgery done? And what doc?

Butterfly, I finally got the iPhone app to work for me. So hubby or myself should be able to update everyone on my surgery day.

Can't wait to hear how you do on the 7th. I'll be thinking about you.

I am so excited to see so many July surgeries planned. We'll be Sleeve Sisters!!! I am having surgery at the West Houston Medical Center with Dr. Alanis. I start my full liquid diet tomorrow. He performed a gastric sleeve on my husband last August and it went great! I have a lot of confidence in both the surgeon and the facility. They all took great care of my hubby!