Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

feeling down-pictures

I'm angry at myself, 10 lbs to goal and have been stalled for months and it's my fault. I am not working my sleeve as well as I could. I've been going through old pictures to remind myself why I had this operation done in the first place and I can see why. I was obese and unhappy . Now I'm still overweight, so I need to finish what I started.

Feel free to tell me off for being a complete idiot and not making the most of what God so kindly gave me, a new lease of life, MY SLEEVE!!

OK now I can't figure out how to post my pictures, but they're in my gallery if you want to have a look :o

<font face="Garamond"><font color="#800080">Wow! You are so close it is inspiring. But, I do completely<font size="5"> understand how hard it is. We set ourselves up fail sometimes, but with you being so close you need to hear the things that can push you through to goal!! If nothing else in life, know you can look back and know you did this and made it. So work for it, lose those ten freaking stupid pounds and feel the pride you have worked this hard to achieve on the scale. Even if you do not see it in your body, your clothes, or whatever, push yourself to a limit you have never felt before just for that few moments of satisfaction of knowing it was for something.

{{{Hugs}}}

I know that goals are important...and yet, see how far you've come. You look so beautiful, I hope you don't discount that. Even if you never lose another ounce (though I'm sure you will), you are already a success. I hope you can enjoy that feeling too?

Aww thank you so much guys, I'm near tears now. I do realise that I've achieved a lot even if I don't lose anymore weight, I feel 90% happy with myself, so from today I'm starting to push myself again, thanks for the kind words :rolleyes:

I'm angry at myself, 10 lbs to goal and have been stalled for months and it's my fault. I am not working my sleeve as well as I could. I've been going through old pictures to remind myself why I had this operation done in the first place and I can see why. I was obese and unhappy . Now I'm still overweight, so I need to finish what I started.

Feel free to tell me off for being a complete idiot and not making the most of what God so kindly gave me, a new lease of life, MY SLEEVE!!

OK now I can't figure out how to post my pictures, but they're in my gallery if you want to have a look :o

Naww, your not the only one chilo, I've got about 15- 20 lbs to go and been stalled out since January. . . but then like you i'm not really trying hard either. . . i'm so tired. . . so i'm just chillin' and giving myself a break. . . i watch very carefully that i don't gain though and have done well on that. . . i've come such a long way, as have you, i'm proud of my success, as should you. . .i'm starting some gym classes on Wed thurs, and fridays and hopefully i'll enjoy these enough to keep going. . .good luck and keep posting as will i. . . .

Dear Chilo, like I said in another thread I'm right there with ya! 12 lbs away, give or take -- for the last 7 MONTHS. Why is it so damn hard to get back into the right mindset and leave the damn carbs alone?? Even the "healthy" ones--nuts, Fiber One Cereal, etc -- *sigh*.

Let's take advantage of the nice hot summer, get out there and exercise, drink lots of Water, and work these last few stinking pounds off once and for all, 'k? We've lost more than that on our own before... we've got this. Just gotta get our heads back in it.... I LOVE the idea of looking at fat pics, so that's what I'm gonna do today before going out to run! :)

:P

Dear Chilo, like I said in another thread I'm right there with ya! 12 lbs away, give or take -- for the last 7 MONTHS. Why is it so damn hard to get back into the right mindset and leave the damn carbs alone?? Even the "healthy" ones--nuts, Fiber One Cereal, etc -- *sigh*.

Let's take advantage of the nice hot summer, get out there and exercise, drink lots of Water, and work these last few stinking pounds off once and for all, 'k? We've lost more than that on our own before... we've got this. Just gotta get our heads back in it.... I LOVE the idea of looking at fat pics, so that's what I'm gonna do today before going out to run! :)

I will look at my fat pictures more often now too, let's see if it helps :P

Hey my lovely laydeeee!!

Your pictures are amazing; the transformation is incredible and you should be PROUD of your achievement. You only have a few pounds left to go... and they seem very comfortable.

Lets do this together... I will help in whatever way I can, so when we meet... and we will meet ... we can do lots of happy dances and whoops!!

Tweek your food, up the Water and keep up your gym sessions... you can do this my friend...

Sending you positive and 'slim' vibes up north xxx

Those last pounds are soooooooooooooooo hard. I definitely know what you are talking about.

But, time to pull yourself up by your bootstraps. You have done AMAZINGLY well and with a little more effort, planning, and tracking, you can hit the goal. YOU REALLY CAN DO THIS!!! I know you can. You've been an inspiration to many (me included). Now, get 'er done!

Honestly you guys don't know how much your encouragement means to me!!

COOPS and everyone who still haven't reachet goal YET, we can do this!!

Oh I don't think you are wasting your tool, girl you have USED it and WORKED it, and I know you will continue to do so. I don't think I have ever seen your before pics...wow! You look amazing now!

Remember this is a journey not a race (I have to repeat that to myself all the time. I get down about losing so slow, but I know I am doing everything right, I just happen to be a slow loser!) I agree it is easy to get down, but pull yourself up, and re-dedicate yourself to getting to goal. Yes, it might take a while, but slow and steady and you can do this!

I'm not even that close to goal and I have already resigned myself to it taking a while, but that's okay. One step at a time, one bite at a time, one day at a time. Hugs.

Today at the gym I pushed myself to the limit. When I thought I couldn't go on any more (I was doing a body combat class which is quite intense) I had that picture of me in Venice in my head,I was probably at my largest there, and I kept imagining I was punching the fat out of me, I'm gonna do this more often!

Don't be so hard on yourself! Just keep putting one foot in front of the other, and remember what a great inspiration you are to others!

What do you feel is your roadblock?

With my AGB, I made the observation once that I had become a bit "complacent" about my weight. That I was no where near goal, but at the same time, was a "normal" kind of fat, and noticed that I had falled into a sort of "it's good enough" mentality - even though it really wasn't, I was still obese by about 30 lbs.

A lot of people find a fear of failure kicking in as they near goal. (Same reason a lot of people hang on to their fat clothes)

Are they just extra hard to get off, and your fight has puttered out?

What's your stinking thinking telling you?