Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kicked Off Amusement Ride!

I also avoid those situations. But I'm supposed to go on a business trip in October. I'm really dreading it. The last time I was on a plane I barely got the belt on and I was smaller then. I truly feel for you, but you are taking a positive step in the right direction. Just wait until next year.

Trizzy.....I feel for you too.:cry

I went to Disneyland last December (all the way from Australia) and was paranoid the entire time that I would not fit in the rides....luckily I didn't have a problem however we went on the Indianna Jones ride and the lady infront of me was taken off the ride because the bar wouldn't close. I made eye contact with her and gave her a sympathetic smile but I will never forget the look on her face as she got off the ride with her young son......pure embarressment.

Has anyone else noticed how when you will walk past another obese person that there is often a look of recognition or slight smile between each other.....it's almost like we're saying "I know what you're going through"......I notice it often particularly from other obese women around my age.

Trizzy:

Those days will soon be over for you. I've had more than one embarrasing moment in public over size issues. Just think, you'll be more than ready for surgery in August. Use this bump in the road to inspire you. You're blessed with young children who will greatly benefit by your decision. Make plans, dream big dreams on all the things you will be able to enjoy within a few short months from now. Self-confidence will be your middle name. I feel so much better and I'm only 3 weeks out!

All the best to you and your new life.

Trizzy,

I am so sorry you had this experience, but I want to you smile, girlfriend, because next summer at this time you will be living a whole new, wonderful life filled with daily NSV's and SV's....you have so much to look forward to!

I had that happen to me last Summer. It was totally embarrassing. Sounds like you handled it well. Disneyland is the only place I can visit as their ride accomodate me.

Trizzy..yes, last year in fact. Cypress Gardens, some mini rollercoaster. I couldn't get in and push the bar over my lap. My belly was in the way and my in-laws were waiting for me to get in. I was holding up the ride. I was so angry, so embarrassed, so humiliated..I vowed to never enter another roller coaster ride until I was under 150lbs. I never want to feel those eyes on me in that same way again. It's a very intense feeling.

Another bad thing was I didn't want to ride anything with my lil girl but my mother in law insisted that I did. :grouphug: Almost felt like she wanted me to humiliate myself so that I could see how fat I really was. They kept pressuring me so finally I got in some tea cup ride with my lil girl. All I can say is I almost pulverized her. My body kept moving in sync with the gravity and pushing me into my daughter and I could say I would have really hurt her with this weight on her. Never again!

Yes this has happened to me. Probably 4 years ago me and my exfiance decided to go to cedar point for the day and we were riding a bunch of the rides and having a great time and halfway in to the day we decided to go on a standup rollercoaster and I couldn't get it all the way in to the locked position so the guy came up and made me get off FAST because I was holding up the line. My ex stayed on the coaster and I had to walk off it and out to the mainway and I sat on a bench and cried my eyes out until my ex finally got done with the ride and came to find me. After that we left because I didn't want to ride anymore. I haven't been back there since. I used to go every year and ride every coaster. I look forward to going again maybe next year, but diffenently the year after:)

On a funny note.. the only ride I've been on since then was a dinosaur ride at the county fair with my nephew 2 years ago. It was like a huge egg shaped dinosaur and you crawled in to an opening where the belly was and there was a round table thing in the middle that you used to spin the dinosaur while you were in it. my nephew was 4. I got that thing spinning so fast that he was glued to the wall ..hahahahaha. He says "aunt Josie.. it's soooooooooooooooooooooooo fast!!!!"

I am truly sorry that this happened to you! I know how it feels, not with a roller coaster, but with the seat on a plane. My one and only time to ride a plane, I BARELY fit. I pretended the seat belt closed, but it didn't. Thank goodness I was sitting next to my toothpick cousin. It was HORRIBLE still.

There are thousands of things I have never done because I was afraid I wouldn't fit or break things... Still think that now and my hubby and friend's look at me like I am crazy, but when you are cautious for 24 years, you don't just think it is ok the next day.

Next summer they won't be able to keep you off that ride! Good Luck!

So, I have to laugh and cry when I heard this,, I have so been there, had to get off and everything, I played it off like I was too sacared, but that was my wake up call .. I Have not been back to a amusment park sence .. The one funny thing though I did CRAM my ass into one of those swings that sinn around about 15 feet off the air, and well it took two people to get my but free from the seat.. Im greatful that I have a good sence of humor and I laughed it off..

It took a few rum and cokes to meak me feel better too, but I would never be the same.

About three years ago I, took my family to the Fair, and twice in one day I could not fit in the seat.

I can laugh about it now,back then it was a tough one to walk away from.

hope your feelimg better now!

Trizzy,

I join the chorus of hugs :) to help you feel better. Most of the rides are probably made in countires where the larger body sizes are average to western lands... Keep your eyes on the prize, and look forward to riding without humiliation in future!

I hate flying at this size - it's really humiliating to have to ask those toothpick-thin flight attendants for a seat belt extension... ...as nice as they are about it, they'd never know how BAD it feels to have to ask... ...and the arm rests of seats jabbing into your thighs... OMG... ...and the radio / seat recline buttons getting buggered up everytime you wiggle in your seat... ...not that movement with size 26 hips jammed into an airline seat is a possibility in itself:cry ... ...pain, pain, pain all the way from Point A to X, Y and Z!

QUESTION: :):help: I was wondering if riding roller coasters and other gravity-defying / high speed spinning & twisiting rides can make the band slip? From the replies to this thread, I guess not. If anyone knows for sure, please let me know. I hope not, cause my brother in law and me are going to go to MovieWorld when I'm skinny and ride EVERYTHING!!!! :biggrin1: :biggrin1: :biggrin1: :biggrin1: Hubby & sister-in-law are too chicken - they can babysit the kids hahahahaha!:biggrin1: :biggrin1: :biggrin1:

This is exactly what prompted me to research ways to lose weight. I didn't get kicked off, I was determined to get that damned seat locked and I did! I didn't breathe the whole way, but I made it, ha ha!!! But after that I was determined to lose weight. I tried dieting once again, and failed. So, about 6 months after the amusement park I was banded. I now fit comfortably on every coaster ride. Kudos to you for posting this topic. I couldn't do it! But now that I've lost the weight and can fit, I can talk about it more easily:p Good luck to you with you banding and weight loss!

I have always been a ruthless rider! A couple of years ago, I went to 6 flags and I was going to ride their new roller coaster that hangs you suspended. I saw the sign at the line entrance said this ride can not accomodate larger sizes. I worried the whole hour in line and sure enough my skinny legs fit great in the saddle, my tummy was too big to close the harness! I had to get off the ride and walk the walk of shame past everyone in line! It was mortifying. I have never gone back because it felt terrible even though I fit on all the other rides.....

You will not have that problem sooner than later!!!!

Zoe

Tizzy, Hang on for the RIDE OF YOUR LIFE! Next summer you will be riding anything you want!!

Shawn