Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch Potato to 5K

I found this website that has the podcasts with the music for training. It's great because it times the warm up, the jogging part, walking part and cool down. I downloaded into my ipod and love it. The music is pretty cool too. Just wanted to share.

http://www.c25k.com/

I have an android and there is an app on the android market. There is a free one and 1 for 2 bucks.

I see you all are using an iPhone or iPod app for this, do any of you know if there is an Android app? I just switched out my iPhone for an Android and would love to do the C25K! I want to get rid of my thigh giggle! I just discovered that I LOVE wearing dresses, especially those little cute summer ones!!!!

Thanks,

patti

Hi all, I am starting week one today. What is the name of the app for the phone? I am so exited about running my first 5K in September. Good luck to everybody!!!!

Which type of phone do you have?

I started the C25K program back in October and then hurt my knee. About the time I was ready to start again, I hurt my ankle. Finally, I think I am all healed up and ready to get back started again. I plan to do it on Tuesday's, Thursday's and Sunday's. I really enjoyed it last time I started and can't wait to get going again.

Well, the weight loss hasn't suddenly increased like I'd hoped when I started this. But I have noticed a big difference in my legs & butt. The legs on all my pants are much looser & for the first time in years, I don't feel like I have a really droopy butt. I hope everyone else is seeing the result from all their hard work. Keep it up!

i havent been on the site for a bit, been busy and vacation and such. i just found this convo and i am on week 3 day1 of c25k....i really wasnt sure if i would be able to jog for 3 mins but i was able to do it. i have the app on my phone so i can use my own tunes

My weightloss has totally stopped since I started this!!! WTH!!!

Well, the weight loss hasn't suddenly increased like I'd hoped when I started this. But I have noticed a big difference in my legs & butt. The legs on all my pants are much looser & for the first time in years, I don't feel like I have a really droopy butt. I hope everyone else is seeing the result from all their hard work. Keep it up!

Same here, this has been awesome. In the end, I like the slimmer shape of my butt and legs more than a number. In the end, no one knows your number, but everyone sees your legs, you butt etc.

Hey, if I can look like a model while weighing 300 pounds, I don't care :-)

I have done that before and I loved it. I actually forgot about it, but needed the reminder!! :)

So, I saw the doctor last week for my 3 month check-in. I was told that I can no longer count walking as exercise... I need to be jogging or doing something else that gets my heart rate to about 140 and keeps it there for 20-30 minutes. So, I've decided to try to do one of these Couch Potato to 5K programs. I'm aiming to be able to run a 5K by the end of August. Does anyone else want to give this a shot and help keep each other motivated online?

Great going. I was a couch potoao all my life, i.e until I got sleeved. Ran my first 5k in Sep last year and noe this Sep running 10 K, in Dec will do 21 k. Life has become great. Slow and steady wins the race. Keep up the good work.

So, I saw the doctor last week for my 3 month check-in. I was told that I can no longer count walking as exercise... I need to be jogging or doing something else that gets my heart rate to about 140 and keeps it there for 20-30 minutes. So, I've decided to try to do one of these Couch Potato to 5K programs. I'm aiming to be able to run a 5K by the end of August. Does anyone else want to give this a shot and help keep each other motivated online?

Spinning class would probably be awesome. .. Im looking fwd to it once im 4 weeks post op :)

I think that I have finally lost enough weight that I can do this. I did w1d1 once every week to week and a half. The first few times I did it my hip and feet were so sore the day of and the next day. But each time I did it my body would recover quicker. I have now done two of the w2 and am having no soreness! So now I'm going to try to do this 3 times a week and see where it goes from here. IGood luck to all who are doing this...I've heard it's great for weight loss.

Holly- You can do it! I've not followed it exactly because I know if I push myself too fast, I'll just quit. But I went from gasping for breath from doing 60 sec of jogging and 90 sec of walking to jogging for 20 minutes straight. I'm now working on increasing the speed... each week I try to bump it up a percentage of a mile an hour. Once I hit 5 miles an hour, I'm planning to work on distance. Keep at it and you will succeed!

Krista