Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

To the tune of - "The Ballad of Jed Clampett"

Come and listen to a story about a man named Ted

A poor dieter, really kept himself fed,

Then one day he was scarfin’ down some food,

And around came a gal sayin’ something rude.

Fat he is, big-ol’, chubby.

Well next thing ya know Ted’s in smaller underwear,

Kinfolk said "Ted there is less of you there"

Said "How did you do it, can you tell me?"

So he smiled real wide and said VSG surgery.

Thin, he is. Lookin’ cool, tiny scars.

Hello all. I have already taken much support and encouragement from reading this forum (thank you).

I am 43yrs 6'0" 448lbs.

Currently day 8 of 29 day pre-op diet.

(10 day 30-40g carb, 5 day 1 meal still low carb and 2 Protein drinks, 14 day full liquid)

I don't have a surgery date yet, waiting on passport. So... that pre-op diet could be extended. Got the date 6/14/11

Dr. Mario Almanza - Jerusalem Hospital - TJ Mexico

I picked my goal weight of 224 fairly arbitrarialy. The formula "HALF" worked for my divorce, so why not here?

Hardest part so far... throwing away (donating unopend) all the food that is no longer on my menu.

First surprise... my chubby dog is losing weight too. No more Cookies, crackers, chips for her to mooch. Sorry girl.

Looking forward to sharing in your struggels and victories, and having some of my own.

Ted

That is GREAT!!! I was seriously singing your song!! How funny!!

I too, have a dog that doesn't understand why she is not getting so much food these days!! Poor puppy.

Good luck to you and your journey! :D

Keep us posted and let us know when you get your date!

Kelly

I am sure you will reach your goal.

Lol!! Thanks for making me laugh! How fun that was!!! I was singing along, too!

You have a great attitude and I think you will do awesome! I haven't had surgery either...waiting to hear whether or not the insurance co. has my back. Keep that awesome attitude!! :)

Good Luck!!! Keep us posted on your progress! I've been trying to think of a cute name for my new stomach, and I am going to do something with the HALF theme you brought up.....I too will be losing 1/2 of my current weight. cool.gif

xoxoxo

Melissa

I loved this post. You have a great attitude about the process. I hope you hear about a date soon, and congrats for both you and the doggie. :)

Welcome Flawed!

Love the song!

I just purged my frig and pantry to make it bariatric friendly! It was hard getting rid of stuff. Gave some to

neighbors, brought some Snacks into work. I did manage to bake some chicken thighs and fed then

to the dog and the cat!! I understand your dog's point of view -- "hey, why do we have to suffer -- no scraps,

no take out, no pizza!" I'm thinking I better hide the take out menus and my credit cards...I know my cat,

Norman, is very clever! And at 18 lbs he could lose a few pounds!

My surgery is one week away and I just started week 2 of my pre op shrink the liver liquid diet...I won't be

eating solid food until 6 weeks after I get sleeved. I'm finding drinking shakes (and eating 2 cups of low

carb veggies 1x daily) very insightful...I really haven't been physically hungry -- but boy do I have head &

mouth hunger!

Tonight Norman wanted to taste a Protein shake...I think he's getting desperate! laugh.gif

Thanks all for the warm reception.

Glad the tune was good for a few smiles.

Cheech (the doggie) hasn't gotten desperate enough for the Protein shakes yet, but she has displayed a fondness for the LF cottage cheese :)

That Passport can't get here soon enough. I think having an actual set date will relieve one layer of stress.

Ted

Welcome Flawed!

Love the song!

I just purged my frig and pantry to make it bariatric friendly! It was hard getting rid of stuff. Gave some to

neighbors, brought some Snacks into work. I did manage to bake some chicken thighs and fed then

to the dog and the cat!! I understand your dog's point of view -- "hey, why do we have to suffer -- no scraps,

no take out, no pizza!" I'm thinking I better hide the take out menus and my credit cards...I know my cat,

Norman, is very clever! And at 18 lbs he could lose a few pounds!

My surgery is one week away and I just started week 2 of my pre op shrink the liver liquid diet...I won't be

eating solid food until 6 weeks after I get sleeved. I'm finding drinking shakes (and eating 2 cups of low

carb veggies 1x daily) very insightful...I really haven't been physically hungry -- but boy do I have head &

mouth hunger!

Tonight Norman wanted to taste a Protein shake...I think he's getting desperate! laugh.gif

I am always joking when the cat walks on a phone and it dials that they are calling out for pizza!

I wanted to make sure you know that even a little splenda or any artificial sweetener is toxic to dogs and cats and can actually kill them. Their livers cannot metabolize it. My dog looks so mournful now at not even being able to taste the shakes!

Thanks all for the warm reception.

Glad the tune was good for a few smiles.

Cheech (the doggie) hasn't gotten desperate enough for the Protein Shakes yet, but she has displayed a fondness for the LF cottage cheese :)

That Passport can't get here soon enough. I think having an actual set date will relieve one layer of stress.

Ted

Wonderful first post- welcome to the forum!

As with above I want to make sure you know Cheech could die if he has artificial sweetener of any kind- his liver will not metabolize it- this means splenda, nutrsweet, aspatamane and xylitol- absolutely lethal to animals.

Here's hoping your date comes soon!

I am two weeks post op and love my sleeve. I also do You Tubes if you need some encouragement.

meggiep, thank you for sharing that info with us.

I had no idea artificial sweetener was bad for pets.

Ted

Ted, LOVED your song!!! I'm also on pre-op diet, sugery scheduled June 6. I'm super anxious and your song just cracked me up! Thank you! Good luck with your journey. I look forward to reading about your progress!

To the tune of - "The Ballad of Jed Clampett"

Come and listen to a story about a man named Ted

A poor dieter, really kept himself fed,

Then one day he was scarfin’ down some food,

And around came a gal sayin’ something rude.

Fat he is, big-ol’, chubby.

Well next thing ya know Ted’s in smaller underwear,

Kinfolk said "Ted there is less of you there"

Said "How did you do it, can you tell me?"

So he smiled real wide and said VSG surgery.

Thin, he is. Lookin’ cool, tiny scars.

Hello all. I have already taken much support and encouragement from reading this forum (thank you).

I am 43yrs 6'0" 448lbs.

Currently day 8 of 29 day pre-op diet.

(10 day 30-40g carb, 5 day 1 meal still low carb and 2 Protein drinks, 14 day full liquid)

I don't have a surgery date yet, waiting on passport. So... that pre-op diet could be extended.

Dr. Mario Almanza - Jerusalem Hospital - TJ Mexico

I picked my goal weight of 224 fairly arbitrarialy. The formula "HALF" worked for my divorce, so why not here?

Hardest part so far... throwing away (donating unopend) all the food that is no longer on my menu.

First surprise... my chubby dog is losing weight too. No more Cookies, crackers, chips for her to mooch. Sorry girl.

Looking forward to sharing in your struggels and victories, and having some of my own.

Ted

Got the surgery date: 6/14/11.

Pretty dawg gone excited.

Too soon to start packing? Nahh. I'll change what is in the bag at least a dozen times.

FM