Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

cleaning out the closet!!!

i haven't had surgery yet but i had lost 20 from the preop period. i went from a 20 to 16W/18. Since i'm having my surgery in less than 3 weeks there is nowhere my size will go but down!! it felt sooo good cleaning out my closet.. good bye to the 20's then the 18 then the 16, etc.. gotta make room for my new skinny clothes i'm going to buy :D can't wait!!

i haven't had surgery yet but i had lost 20 from the preop period. i went from a 20 to 16W/18. Since i'm having my surgery in less than 3 weeks there is nowhere my size will go but down!! it felt sooo good cleaning out my closet.. good bye to the 20's then the 18 then the 16, etc.. gotta make room for my new skinny clothes i'm going to buy :D can't wait!!

Cleaning out the closet is tangible proof that the sleeve is working! I also spent part of Sunday going through my closet. I moved OUT the size 3X and 24W and moved in the 1X and 2X clothes that I had stored in the basement after I re-gained weight a couple of years ago. Those are the smallest clothes I have so when I can no longer wear them its also shopping for me! Can't wait.

Hello, I had the gastric sleeve 5 weeks ago today. I have lost 30 lbs. I am wearing my summer clothes from last year and they are not as snug as they were last summer. I look forward to buying new clothes. But, right now I am just going to let them be to big. I look forward to buying a new fall clothes.

Hi Mina, Wow excellent job on your pre-op diet!! That's much to be proud of!! I love to hear it when folks work hard to lose weight and get healthier before surgery. It's only going to amount to great things, like less weight to goal post op, hopefully an easier surgery and transition back to health and going in with a positive mindset.

Can't get any better than that!! You will do really well in your journey. Keep us posted!!

You're doing a great job pre-op!! Congrats!! I did that too, i started low carbing and cut my portions and lost 35lbs. I wanted a headstart since I had a lot to lose. Then I had a 5-6 month stall so I knew I still needed the sleeve to continue losing and not start re-gaining. I figured I wouldn't have that initial big loss everyone has immediately post op but i was sleeved 8 days ago and as of today I've lost 10lbs! I need to update my ticker. You are gonna do great!

:)

Congrats! It feels so good to lose that weight - doesn't it! Tomorrow is three weeks for me since I had the sleeve and I lost 27lbs and I feel great. I look back at my driver license and what a change just in my face. Good Luck!

Wow, that is something to aspire to! Thank you for being such an inspiration and congrats on your amazing weight loss!

CLeaning out the closet is THE BEST!! I have been taking clothes out and putting them in bags to donate. One week I had 3 bags of clothes. A week later, I had 5 bags of clothes. Funny, it took a while for me to lose the inches, but once it started it seemed to happen really quickly. I just bought size 16 jeans 2 weeks ago and they are falling off of me. 14's are a little tight still, but I bought a couple because I know I wil be in them in a couple weeks.

AWESOME!!!

Congratulations!

i have been resisting buying new clothes and wearing hospital scrubs to work but a couple of times i had to go somewhere and try on different clothes and couldn't find anything that fit right. i broke down and bought a couple pair of black pants to last me for now. surgery in 2 weeks and 3 days!

CLeaning out the closet is THE BEST!! I have been taking clothes out and putting them in bags to donate. One week I had 3 bags of clothes. A week later, I had 5 bags of clothes. Funny, it took a while for me to lose the inches, but once it started it seemed to happen really quickly. I just bought size 16 jeans 2 weeks ago and they are falling off of me. 14's are a little tight still, but I bought a couple because I know I wil be in them in a couple weeks.

AWESOME!!!

Congratulations!

it does feel good to lose the weight! i had stopped dieting for 2 years and had always feel ashame to visit my family back home but after i lost this initial weight i didn't mind going home. To think this is just the begining. i am ready to start enjoying myself again.

Congrats! It feels so good to lose that weight - doesn't it! Tomorrow is three weeks for me since I had the sleeve and I lost 27lbs and I feel great. I look back at my driver license and what a change just in my face. Good Luck!

thanks! i've never had surgery before so this is a scary process but i'm even more scared of not doing this. i don't want to get the hypertension, diabetes and sleep apnea. i have so many plans.

Hi Mina, Wow excellent job on your pre-op diet!! That's much to be proud of!! I love to hear it when folks work hard to lose weight and get healthier before surgery. It's only going to amount to great things, like less weight to goal post op, hopefully an easier surgery and transition back to health and going in with a positive mindset.

Can't get any better than that!! You will do really well in your journey. Keep us posted!!

Woohoo! Cleaning out the closet already that's awesom. I know I was just thinking back to the last time I cleaned out all my drawers and got rid of all the smaller clothes that didn't fit me. That was a little over a year ago. Now, I wish I hadn't done that, I could use some of those clothes by the end of the summer. I didn't know then how big of a change my life was going to take. Congrats, and may you be able to clean your closet many more times before your journey ends.

Way cool! I haven't had surgery yet either, but as cool weather ended this year I started to get excited about kissing those big 'ol sweaters & jeans goodbye forever! I'll probably be donating a bunch of stuff in the next few weeks.

Girl I can't wait to clean it out some more.. bring on the smaller sizes :lol:

Woohoo! Cleaning out the closet already that's awesom. I know I was just thinking back to the last time I cleaned out all my drawers and got rid of all the smaller clothes that didn't fit me. That was a little over a year ago. Now, I wish I hadn't done that, I could use some of those clothes by the end of the summer. I didn't know then how big of a change my life was going to take. Congrats, and may you be able to clean your closet many more times before your journey ends.