Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok, I had surgery last Friday. I am now 10 days post op and the scale is the same! I hate that stupid scale! How can I stall when I have not even stared loosing weight yet? I have only500 ish cals, 80-100g Protein, 64 oz Water, < 10 g carbs. I exercise 40 min a day. I would so quit if I did not just have surgery. Anybody else's body stubborn like mine............stupid scale!!

Ok, I had surgery last Friday. I am now 10 days post op and the scale is the same! I hate that stupid scale! How can I stall when I have not even stared loosing weight yet? I have only500 ish cals, 80-100g Protein, 64 oz Water, < 10 g carbs. I exercise 40 min a day. I would so quit if I did not just have surgery. Anybody else's body stubborn like mine............stupid scale!!

Hang in there, it is not uncommon to stall early out. Look up three week stall. I stalled at two weeks for three weeks. Use the logical part of your brain... you can not stay the same forever at 500 calories a day. You are still under the influence of the IV, the drugs, getting your stomach cut out and your body is pissed and/or confused about what you have just done to it! In a while, whenever she is ready, she will let some weight go. Drink your Water, follow rules and chill out. Its going to be a successful ride, if you follow the rules, but weather you enjoy it or not, depends on you! Its not going to be just how you want or imagine it to be!

seem like you Protein is a little high I kept my to around 60 after surgery. If you do that and keep your carbs below 25 grams and up your Water intake your pounds will start flying off.. the most important part is the hydration. don't lose your patients yet you will break it soon and never look back. jUST dont get frustrated .

Hang in there.... I stalled early out, too. It happens to lots of folks. I know it's frustrating, but just consider it part of the process and you'll be less frustrated! Congrats on your sleeve and on getting in all your Protein and H2O. It's often a struggle early on, so you are doing very well!

Hang in there, I am going through the same thing but I am almost 2 months post-op and have been the same weight for the past 2 weeks! I think the reason for my stall is that I'm not eating enough Protein so I'm trying to up that.

I know just how you feel!!! I am at a stand still also :-( In 3 more days I will be 2 months post op. I work out about 5x a week doing taebo and my total gym! My scale keeps bouncing up and down and it is driving me CRAZY, but just as you.....I know that it is going to move sooner or later LOL. I just hope that it does a lot sooner than later!!!!!!!!!!!! Starting in the morning I am going to really try and up my Water intake and eat 6 small mini meals. I sure hope that helps. Before I had this surgery I was under the dumb impression that my weight was just going to be falling off steadily and consistently. I really believed that! I didn't think that I was going to go through the same stalls and scale drama that I have always gone through. I guess the real difference between now and before is that this time I will actually reach my goal weight one day HOPEFULLY anyway!

I don't think it's a stall. I think you got pumped full of fluids and your body is still re-distributing them. I left the hospital 8pounds heavier than I went in due to all of the fluids that I recieved via IV (Surgeon buying time against dehydration until I could drink more easily)

Hang in there, it is not uncommon to stall early out. Look up three week stall. I stalled at two weeks for three weeks. Use the logical part of your brain... you can not stay the same forever at 500 calories a day. You are still under the influence of the IV, the drugs, getting your stomach cut out and your body is pissed and/or confused about what you have just done to it! In a while, whenever she is ready, she will let some weight go. Drink your Water, follow rules and chill out. Its going to be a successful ride, if you follow the rules, but weather you enjoy it or not, depends on you! Its not going to be just how you want or imagine it to be!

Ok..I will use the logical part of my brain and chill out! Thanks for the support, it does help. I still hate my stinking scale. I don't enjoy this , but it's not my whole life. I will be good.

seem like you Protein is a little high I kept my to around 60 after surgery. If you do that and keep your carbs below 25 grams and up your Water intake your pounds will start flying off.. the most important part is the hydration. don't lose your patients yet you will break it soon and never look back. jUST dont get frustrated .

Ok, less Protein? Why?, more water..I can do that...low carbs...ok.. I will deal and adjust, just venting. Thanks for the encouragement.

Hang in there.... I stalled early out, too. It happens to lots of folks. I know it's frustrating, but just consider it part of the process and you'll be less frustrated! Congrats on your sleeve and on getting in all your Protein and H2O. It's often a struggle early on, so you are doing very well!

Thanks you! I will remember that it is part of the process...and thanks for the compliment, they are few and far between!

Ok..I will use the logical part of my brain and chill out! Thanks for the support, it does help. I still hate my stinking scale. I don't enjoy this , but it's not my whole life. I will be good.

Put that scale in a cabinet or in your garage or somewhere that you won't step on it every day. It will make you crazy. Once a week is plenty. Longer than that is even better. I can't go more than a week though. Sometimes I don't even make it that long, but checking your weight every day is such a roller coaster. Keep up the good work and you WILL certainly lose, there is no doubt.smile.gif

Ok. Thanks all. I guess that I just thought that my weight loss would be the same as before WLS, just easier because I would not be hungry all the time. Like all of us, I have lost this weight a million times. I get to read about everybody losing weight and I want on board. Thanks for your responses. I still hate that stinking scale. I will try to be patient and know that this is what has to be done to get where I want to be.

Totally agree with Disney~ you need to try to stay off the scale! This isn't the diets you have done so many times. The weight is going to come off (if you stick to the program)! At first I was on the scale every time I went into the bathroom. Then I realized I don't need that drama anymore. The surgery is WAY different than any drama diet I have been on in the past! I am done with losing and regaining. This time when the weight does come off (how ever long it takes) it will not come back! I was told early out that all of our Dr and Nut have different programs and the best thing for you to do is follow yours closely! That was the best advice I have gotten here! Good Luck to you and make sure to let us know how you are doing. I'll bet you see 5 pounds off next week!

The surgery is WAY different than any drama diet I have been on in the past! losely! That was the best advice I have gotten here! Good Luck to you and make sure to let us know how you are doing. I'll bet you see 5 pounds off next week!

Drama Diet! I love it!