Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

You are seriously overweight and cannot deal with losing hair from WLS??? EXCUSES... WLS is a life long committment, not just a quick fix. Any Hair loss is not life long and if you take in your daily Protein level and Biotin you can lessen the hair loss. Seriously, hair loss would keep you from a healthy lifestyle..WOW

I'm seriously thinking about not doing this surgery. I can't deal with That.

You are seriously overweight and cannot deal with losing hair from WLS??? EXCUSES... WLS is a life long committment, not just a quick fix. Any Hair loss is not life long and if you take in your daily Protein level and Biotin you can lessen the hair loss. Seriously, hair loss would keep you from a healthy lifestyle..WOW

WOW - could you be anymore rude? Did I say it was a quick fix? Do you know me? NO

Leave the nasty comments to yourself.

Hi. I had surgery on April 12 and Im getting married March 17...i am terrified that I'll not have my hair. I finally had to just decide what i wanted more...my long red hair or my butt in a size 10 (or smaller) wedding dress. Hair can be fixed...added to, act..but a size 18 booted is just THERE! LOL. Smaller butt won! :)

Seriously though, its temporary and will grow back. Hopefully my butt won't!

Hi. I had surgery on April 12 and Im getting married March 17...i am terrified that I'll not have my hair. I finally had to just decide what i wanted more...my long red hair or my butt in a size 10 (or smaller) wedding dress. Hair can be fixed...added to, act..but a size 18 booted is just THERE! LOL. Smaller butt won! :)

Seriously though, its temporary and will grow back. Hopefully my butt won't!

True, I am just freaking out and venting - I have Biotin and will start taking it. Jealous of long red hair :-) Red hair is so pretty.

I will edge in here and admit that I mostly agree with "To Be Thin 2011". Have you spoken to the mental evaluator yet?? It does not sound to me that you are mentally committed or ready for this life changing surgery.

Yes, hair loss is a possibility. It does not happen to everyone, nor does it last for most people. That being said there are other for the most part unspoken nasty side effects that COULD happen after surgery. It is up to each of us to do our research, research, research and then ask ourselves the hard questions.

Are you ready?? Maybe not.

One has to remember that when asks a question or posts on opinion on this board, one is asking for responses from EVERYONE . That will and should include people who will say things that one does not agree with. That is what brainstorming is all about.

Stay positive and search deep inside. Only there will you find the answers that are right for YOU.

\

Valentina

I wouldn't think that would be a deciding factor for the surgery to better health, but thats just me. From what I have read, you do not lose all of your hair just some. Well worth it if you ask me and I have very thin hair. I figure I'll get a short hair cut if it gets really bad and then when it grows back, I'll have natural layers LOL.

I wouldn't think that would be a deciding factor for the surgery to better health, but thats just me. From what I have read, you do not lose all of your hair just some. Well worth it if you ask me and I have very thin hair. I figure I'll get a short hair cut if it gets really bad and then when it grows back, I'll have natural layers LOL.

Natural Layers - I like - or there is always the Real Housewife of Atlanta Kim look -- get one of her wigs haha

yeah i had my surgery at the very end of December and a month ago i started losing hair. it sucks but if you keep up taking your Vitamins and Biotin, get in your Protein, it doesn't come out as fast. i trimmed my hair above my shoulders so i didn't have to pull it back as much and that seems to help alot.

it doesn't last forever but it's a small price to pay to be healthy.

good luck sweetheart - tiffany

I understand. I was shocked to hear it the first time too. It's a side effect of WLS I didn't know about until after I made the decision to go for it & began nut classes. It freaked me out for about one day....then I decided in the scheme of things it really didn't matter. The hair comes back. It will be so worth it in the end. Good luck with your decision.

Chubby - I'm guessing you're also younger perhaps? Those of us that have had friends/family go through chemo see that being healthy is more important than one's hair. But I also worked with a woman who wouldn't take chemo b/c she didn't want to lose her hair and passed away eventually, unfortunately. I too am a little trepidacious about Hair loss so hearing from others that Vitamins, Biotin, and Protein are integral to keeping one's hair is great news IMO. One gf that had GB just cut her hair shorter and then just let it grow as it began coming back in and was just fine.

GL on your decision and just ignore those that are terse. Unfortunately, virtual anonymity can bring out the nasty at times.

Wow I'm backing you up! How vain are u? Be fat with good hair or be thin with good hair? Can't believe you wouldn't have a sugery because of Hair loss. I've had two heart attacks and lost hair each time! I've lost 90 pounds and my hair is soft thick and badass red! I would have this surgery over and over and over! I know your venting u just sound alittle vain!

ChubbyBritneySpears, you said you're worried cuz your hair is your best asset... well, not to be rude, but is that maybe because of the excess weight you carry around? Chances are you're gonna have a lot more great assets when you're a healthy size :D

I also love my long, beautiful hair, but it's not worth the enlarged organs & daily suffering. I got sleeved last week.

A few things: I started this thread to get advice on the situation, not to get attacked or called vain - which if I was so vain and loved myself I wouldn't be getting surgery.

I freaked out and have since gotten some pretty good advice on taking Biotin from you guys and making sure I keep up with my Protein.

I am having the surgery June 30th so that I can be healthy.

Being called vain and assuming I am young is just really silly.

I believe I am allowed to freak out a bit.

Thank you to those who offered guidance and support.