Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My boyfriend left me because I added one picture to this site!!!

Sorry to hear about the BF. The whole sleeve process is a really hard thing to go through by yourself (I mean without others who have been where you are). It could be you left the escape hatch open and he just wanted an excuse to leave. Hopefully that isn't the case and you can work through it. Seems pretty trivial looking in from the outside. Would he be jealous if you were going to a support group twice a month? This surgery is so life changing and so hard mentally (at least for me) you need people there for support that really understand what you are going through. I saw someone else say that he should get an account and find out for himself, I think that is a really good idea. This surgery affects everyone close to you, not just you, you might need to let him know that.

YOU are the fortunate one!~ What on earth would he be like when you've lost a ton of weight and look hot?!!! He must be so insecure. Along with that will come control, etc. You have come out way ahead. Glad he did the ditching and you can just proceed right along with your new friends here. I've been on here many months and I have never once thought it was much of an online dating service! What a nut he is!

Im sooooo upset right now. I told my boyfriend how I signed up for this website and he saw I added a picture to it and he thinks that I'm using this website to look for guys. Are you kidding me??? It's the dumbest thing I've ever heard!!!!!! I have no intentions on that! I have one and one intention only to be on these forums and it's because I have all these questions and all of you have great answers! He says "Why cant you be like a normal person and just search it on google?" He doesn't understand that stuff found on google is just general information and the people on here can answer so many things that google cant!!! Most of you have experienced VSG and that's who I need answers from, not some stupid search engine..

Sorry...I'm just so upset about this...just ranting!!

Yes because there are tons of men trolling WLS support boards looking for women rolleyes.gif

He sounds like the Jealous type...not generally a good type to keep around. They get weird controlling and start accusing you of doing things you aren't. It quickly becomes an abusive dynamic. I say Good Riddance.

I know the OP is upset but I actually laughed out loud at this comment.

So sorry to hear that :( ...this is an awesome place for SUPPORT! Hugs!

Yes because there are tons of men trolling WLS support boards looking for women rolleyes.gif

He sounds like the Jealous type...not generally a good type to keep around. They get weird controlling and start accusing you of doing things you aren't. It quickly becomes an abusive dynamic. I say Good Riddance.

LOL Apple. You are so right. And I also doubt any ladies are trolling on here for we men on here. It seems if we are on here you know we are overweight.

"Yes because there are tons of men trolling WLS support boards looking for women"

Bwahahahaahahaha u made me hurt my stitches. Rotflmbo!!!

AS ybnormal says, why don't you tell him to join the site? There's even a section for sleevers' family members and friends!

It sounds to me like he was just looking for an easy way out of the relationship, but I don't know him so I can't really judge.

You do need need all the possible support right now, you can't worry about what other people feel or think. It's stressful enough.

My hubby was against it, which annoyed me a lot. I obviously did it anyway and now that he sees me happier and skinnier he is happy too, he even told me I made the right decision ("Really?!").

I am sure you'll try to talk to him again, but if he desn't get it... Well, let it be...

His leaving may be the best 180 pounds (wild guess on his weight) that you lose.

He left and walked out on me....havent heard from him since... but we haven't officially broke up yet.

How long ago was that? It sounds like he may have several issues. Is he overweight? Will he be losing his pig-out partner? Does he really prefer overweight women (there actually are men like that , I guess, although I cannot imagine why. I know I'm alone in the world, but fat bodies just aren't attractive to me.) I think it might be good for you to reevaluate your relationship. Sounds to me like it's a good thing he took his "baggage" and left. You will have your hands full taking care of yourself without coddling someone else too. Good luck!! Kathe

He left and walked out on me....havent heard from him since... but we haven't officially broke up yet.

How long ago was that? It sounds like he may have several issues. Is he overweight? Will he be losing his pig-out partner? Does he really prefer overweight women (there actually are men like that , I guess, although I cannot imagine why. I know I'm alone in the world, but fat bodies just aren't attractive to me.) I think it might be good for you to reevaluate your relationship. Sounds to me like it's a good thing he took his "baggage" and left. You will have your hands full taking care of yourself without coddling someone else too. Good luck!! Kathe

Everything happens for a reason and if he walks out on you for something as silly as joining a message board at a time when you need his support the most what can you expect him to do when other things happen in your life that require the support of your significat other? I dare say not much support will be given. Maybe this is a blessing in disguise? Maybe its time for you to take the negativity out of your life as you embark on this positive journey to a better you? Your decision, but keep in mind that it is only your decision and since you are on a streak of making the right decisions think long and hard about what kind of people you want to take on this trip with you. Good luck!

All I can say is Jerk! Sounds to me he was planning on breaking up and was looking for any excuse your better off without him.

Im sooooo upset right now. I told my boyfriend how I signed up for this website and he saw I added a picture to it and he thinks that I'm using this website to look for guys. Are you kidding me??? It's the dumbest thing I've ever heard!!!!!! I have no intentions on that! I have one and one intention only to be on these forums and it's because I have all these questions and all of you have great answers! He says "Why cant you be like a normal person and just search it on google?" He doesn't understand that stuff found on google is just general information and the people on here can answer so many things that google cant!!! Most of you have experienced VSG and that's who I need answers from, not some stupid search engine..

Sorry...I'm just so upset about this...just ranting!!