Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

One of the best things for me - no longer having my thighs rub together! I always loved skirts and dresses, but summer was a nightmare and I was stuck wearing jeans or long shorts anytime I had to walk more than half a mile. Now I can walk 10 miles in a skirt and not blink an eye!

I am 5 weeks preop.... I have been talking about these things as they come up! It's funny how we all want the same little things that don't seem that little.

1) One of the most embarrassing days for me. June 2001. Waited 90 minutes in line for the Raptor at Cedar Point. "Nope sorry your too fat to get on this ride, please go to the exit (while snickering as I left)" Last Roller Coaster I was ever on at 19 years old.

2) Not having to shoe shop online!

3) Regular stores and cheap sun dresses

4) Comfortable Airplane Trips

5) No More Deodorant or Chaffing Cream on the Thighs

6) Buy my first real work suit

7) Not having doctors blame cold and flu symptoms on my weight

8) I will be able to visit a hospital for any testing (bone density) and not being referred to the ZOO.

9) The possibility of having kids some day

10) I've never had sex while skinny...but hearing about it from all of you... I'm really excited now!!!

11) Not cringing when having to sit in a chair with arms

12) and the last for now!!! Being able to say "I'm smaller than I was when I was 8" (I hit 200lbs at 10 years old)

Good list!

Actually looking at a picture of myself and liking it! Done

Shopping at a "regular store' done

Feeling good, done!

walking more than a block without back and hip pain,, DONE!

participating in fitness classes, DONE AND DOING!

Stoping to gaze at myself and liking what I see,, done!

Low back pain gone! DONE!

I can't sit without my legs crossed now,, weird

seeing my girly bits, wow is that normal looking?

just getting up and moving with out effort, done!

craving exercise,, done!

The list goes on and changes as you change and all I can say is you WILL love your new life and wonder why you did not do this sooner!

Funny. I like this.

All great lists! We should all be proud that we are taking action, making changes! Congrats to you all!

My list:

1. To be able to play hockey with my kids, not just watch.

2. To be able to tie my shoes without putting my foot up on a chair or something.

3. To be able to play tag with the kids and actually catch them!

4. To be able to keep up with my dog rather than being pulled by him.

5. To be able to sit in an airplane and not ask for an extender!

6. To enjoy sex again!!!! :P

7. To actually sit down and not worry when at a friends house.

8. To be able to wear shorts and jeans!

9. To weigh less than my husband!

10. To be able to ride on a roller coaster again.

11. To be able to breath easier.

12. To want my picture taken again! :D

Hockey??? Isn't that the sport they try to knock out your teeth? Are you a Dentist????:)

wow! i can agree with EVERYTHING you just listed except the uncle thing. i cant wait to start my process.

1. To be able to have kids!

2. to be able to walk pass a mirror and STOP and look at myself instead of running the other way

3. to be able to take pics and not keep deleting cause I look fat

4. to be able to get dress faster and not change 10X cause everything makes me look fat

5. to be abe to wear "work" ckothes and feel comfortable, buy coats and they actually fit over my chest

6. to not be the only fat girl anymore with my friends

7. to avoid losing weight convos with my uncle who thinks losing weight is as easy as 1-2-3

8.going to mall and not buy something cause i dont like it and NOT cause i cant fit it

9. to not look at every skinny girl outfit and wish i could fit it lmao

10. to eat to live NOT live to eat!

11. try a hair bang and not worry my face is too round and fat for one

12.not have holes in my jeans from the constant thigh rubbing

NO LONGER FEELING BOTH INVISIBLE AND CONSPICUOUS AT THE VERY SAME TIME!

I didn't realize that was how I felt until I read it.. :(

Mine:

• My husband can pick me up or I can ride piggy-back on the beach (in a bikini, no less!).
  • We have 2 cup-holders in the movie theater because I don't have to lift one up and I'm not insecure if a stranger has to sit next to me.. No longer worrying if he/she is thinking about how grotesquely fat I am.
  • I can sit in my husband's lap without causing him serious, bodily injury.
  • Two words: Victoria's Secret. The only thing I can fit in there now is body spray, lotion, and slippers. LMBO.
  • I can wear my 4 inch heels proudly.. and standing up!
  • My young children will grow up and not remember me like this because I've taken virtually no photos... but I will. My son won't remember the time he called me fat and I will forget it too.
  • We will take family portraits. Real ones, out on a grassy knoll or something.
  • The hubby and I will take the wedding/couple portraits that are 5 years past due. Maybe I'll even have my wedding dress taken in.
  • Vow renewals with ALL our friends and family. My papa will be so proud of me and never again tell me that I waddle when I walk. (I was 15 the first time.)
  • I look AMAZING in a little black dress at my 10 year class reunion. Maybe one from the aforementioned Victoria's Secret.
  • I don't finish second to last in the Houston Aramco Half Marathon.

wow! i can agree with EVERYTHING you just listed except the uncle thing. i cant wait to start my process.

Lol yes I hope my 12 things will be a thing of the past soon!! :-)

I'm finding that while counting down to my surgery date there are things that I absolutely WON'T miss when I get healthy. I also know that when surgery time comes and I'm laying there in pain there will come the "WTF HAVE I DONE TO MYSELF!?!?!?" moment. My mentor (she's already been down this road a year ago and is coming with me to get my surgery) suggested to me something that I'm passing along to you. Make a list!

List 12 reasons why this surgery is so important to you and what you want or what you don't want anymore. It may be harder than you think! I'm struggling to be brutally honest with myself even though some of it is painful. Now, when you have that "moment" after your surgery, pull out your list and KNOW and remember why you did this to yourself!

My list so far, and feel free to share yours because maybe it will help others!

1. I want to be able to breathe easier

2. I want a lap again

3. I want to be able to do pedicures and not have to take a breather moment cause my chub is in the way!

4. I want to be able to walk and not hurt so much

5. I want to be able to get on an airplane and not have to pay for an extra seat or get a seatbelt extender

6. I want to be able to drive my car comfortably again

(here is where I'm a bit stuck, and these are in no particular order, just things I know I want!)

Renee`

I love this list because I have the same list lol a lap would be so nice and pedicures (my feet need it) :)

1. To take more pictures with my family.

2. To not feel like the fattest (and sweatiest) person everywhere I go.

3. To not be embarassed to go to the gym.

4. To be healthier and be around longer for my family.

5. To run around with my daughter and not be out of breath.

6. To feel good about myself.

7. To not shop at the "fat lady store"

8. So my daughter doesn't ask if my colleagues make fun of me for being fat! lol

9. So my daughter doesn't ask me why I have another butt on my belly! lol

10. To put on a bathing suit again.

Mana... your # 12 is my # 1. I am the family photographer, maybe it's because I have NEVER wanted my photo taken.

1. To be able to tie my shoes or paint my toes without squishing my fat tummy and being out of breath.

2. To be able to see my "girlie" parts without moving my tummy out of the way.

3. For my husband to be able to pick me up and carry me to the bedroom :-)

4. To be able to cross my legs.

5. To not be the fat friend.

6. To be able to wear a size S or M.

7. To be able to buy clothes in the petite dept, so no more hemming.

8. To be able to run

9. To get up in the mornings and my first steps out of bed are not painful, ankle/feet pain.

10. To eat in front of people and not feel as if they are watching every bite I put in my mouth.

11. To learn to eat healthy for once in my life.

12. To take a shower with my hubby and not feel cramped. :rolleyes:

Here's my list, in no particular order (some are already done)

1-Prove to my closet that clothes really do come in other colors besides black

2-To weigh less than my husband

3-Destroy the Lane Bryant card

4-Get up off the floor without help

5-To be whistled at by a stranger that means it

6-Weigh what it says on my driver's license

7-Become as comfortable in front of the camera as I am behind it

8-NEVER, NEVER, EVER wear anything with an elasticized waistband again!!!

9-Feel my grankids arms reach all the way around me when we hug

10-Start getting clothes as gifts again

11-Feel sexy again

12-To use my birthday, falling star, coin in the fountain, etc 'wishes' for something other than "I want to be thin"

1. To get off all my medications

2. To no longer be considered to have diabetes

3. To have better and more sex with hubby

4. To be able to fit in a regular airplane seat and not need the extender belt

5. To be able to look in the mirror and not cry at what I see

6. To cross my legs comfortably

7. To be able to buy clothes from any store and not worry about the size

8. To have more energy to go out walking, hiking, playing with the dogs

9. To set a good example for my husband and daughter

10. To not have food control my every waking thought, but to have control over food

11. To live long enough to see my grandchildren (when I have them) grow to be adults and be happy

12. To no longer have my pannie get in the way of my lap, my clothes, cause skin breakdown underneath. (I can’t wait to get rid of this actually).

This is just a small list. I am sure I will come up with more as my day draws closer. 3 weeks baby, Yeah!

Sheila

I'm so glad I came accros this post! It is so moving and inspiring. It made me laugh and cry touched my heart. I never made a list but I will I now. You all said so many things I've felt and feel. Thank you so much for putting them out there!!!