Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bye-bye Star!

http://people.aol.com/people/article/0,26334,1209473,00.html

A friend of mine says she looks like a deflated frog.

From the above article regarding the Larry King interview: On another topic, King asked Reynolds whether she'd had surgery to lose 150 lbs. She said only, "Because of my health … I needed a full-scale medical intervention, and my doctors had to step in to save my life."

For me, my weight loss is personal, but when you are in front of a camera every day, I think you have an obligation to say what you did, why, and how it isn't a solution for everybody. Also, that it took a lot of hard work. I know fully that people tend to think surgery is the easy way out. Maybe if more people who were in the public eye were candid and truthful about WLS, more people could live healthier, better, longer lives! Further more, maybe it would add it to the national heathcare mainstream, and it would be more likely to get covered by insurance whatever the WLS.

My opinion: I see her as a strong person with flaws. Much like we have...Yes, she is in the public eye and must take scrutiny. I am not sure that I would have lasted under all of the pressure and I consider myself strong as well.

So she hasn't shared her weight loss secrets with the public. Either have I! She is first and foremost a fellow human being. Yes, her job as an "entertainer" is a job. She has a family and feelings like we all do.

After that being said, I am not much of a fan of the "entertainer." But can feel for the woman.

Shawn

I saw her on Larry King last night and she finally admitted to having surgery. He said to her that losing this much weight was not due to normal diet and exercise and she said back then you make the conclusion that it had to be surgery. That is the closest we will ever get to saying it.

She is a funny looking thing but I could never pinpoint what she looked like, but deflated frog is it!!!!:)

http://people.aol.com/people/article/0,26334,1209473,00.html

A friend of mine says she looks like a deflated frog.

From the above article regarding the Larry King interview: On another topic, King asked Reynolds whether she'd had surgery to lose 150 lbs. She said only, "Because of my health … I needed a full-scale medical intervention, and my doctors had to step in to save my life."

For me, my weight loss is personal, but when you are in front of a camera every day, I think you have an obligation to say what you did, why, and how it isn't a solution for everybody. Also, that it took a lot of hard work. I know fully that people tend to think surgery is the easy way out. Maybe if more people who were in the public eye were candid and truthful about WLS, more people could live healthier, better, longer lives! Further more, maybe it would add it to the national heathcare mainstream, and it would be more likely to get covered by insurance whatever the WLS.

It's always fun when something unexpected happens! I love that Star didn't follow the script ABC handed her - well, asked her to write! Hell, if you can't misbehave after being FIRED when can you? LOL

My next train of thought goes immediately to suspicion. WHY would Star Jones not use the situation more effectively? Why wouldn't she manipulate the media into more sympathetic coverage? It's not like she doesn't have to chops to do that. Hmmmmmmm.

Maybe THIS IS the way to get the most coverage and splash before 'The View' sinks into oblivion which is inevitable with Rosie O'Donell taking the helm. I'm not a big fan of Star Jones but Rosie O'Donell is THE KISS OF DEATH. One word . . . Eeeeeewwwwwww.

Her inner-self showed up and it ws UUUUgly! That being said, I was ticked off about how the news reported it. "She lost ratings because of the weight she lost"??????? Pleeeaaase! It wasn't the weight, it was her "I'm better than anyone else" attitude. You know, it is hard enough trying to cope with living fat, but to hear it reported that way by the media just gets me fired up. Oh, and yes, I have lied about my surgery. In the profession I'm in, your supposed to lose weight by self control, hard work, etc. If I had a hard time advancing in my career before, just think of the bias judgement I would get now?!!! Granted, I think Star handled it all bad and she deserves what she's getting. Just my two cents.

Why did she have to disclose how she lost weight? It is no one's business! And why does she have to show respect to Barbara Walters? Barbara didn't even have the balls to tell Star to her face. As far as what she looks like...don't you think that that was catty and mean? I mean really, are any of you perfect looking? I don't think so....I've seen pictures.

I know her family well, as they are from Jersey and I do not think that she deserves this!

We all have read threads regarding who we will and will not tell about our surgery, so why is she any different? She has that right just like we do and how can we say because she's in the publics eye she should share, I THINK NOT!!!

I am not a fan of STAR Jones but we all deserve a chance to be who we want to. I am sure there are a lot of people in my circle who do not like me for reasons beyond my control but so what, I am who I am. What we see on TV could be an outward appearance and not who she is with her family and friends. Yes, she left the wrong way but who here has not done something wrong and had to pay the price. I believe we all have, none of us are perfect.

Anyway, STAR Jones is just who she is and it's all entertainment to me.

i dont watch the view but star is gross-she looks like a drag queen-to me she looked way better as "medium" star-"fat" star wasnt really attractive but medium Star was ok-skinny star looks ill.good riddance

I would have liked Star better if she had just admitted to the surgery. As for the show, I don't find that show entertaining and didn't watch often. All those women talk at the same time and over each other. I don't imagine it will get any better with Rosie O. She is not particularly soft spoken either. Meredith was my favorite.

Buhhh Byeeee!

weight.png

Buh-bye Star. Karma for all the dead animals you wear and all the people you've been unkind to on your way up.

Maybe this will be a humbling experience for her to learn the lesson of kindness and that all people are equal and worthy of respect.

Why did she have to disclose how she lost weight? It is no one's business! And why does she have to show respect to Barbara Walters? Barbara didn't even have the balls to tell Star to her face. As far as what she looks like...don't you think that that was catty and mean? I mean really, are any of you perfect looking? I don't think so....I've seen pictures.

I know her family well, as they are from Jersey and I do not think that she deserves this!

Yeah, I'd hate to see my pics all over the tv and in the magazines...and have people comment about my looks! :) We should be nice, I guess. I don't guess...I know! LOL

I'm just amazed at how many people don't care for Rosie. That really surprises me!

Personally, I couldn't care less about Star or Rosie. What they do/say, or don't do/say has no bearing on my life.

I watched the Larry King interview last night and I listened to what she had to say and I have kind of hopped the fence and gone a little towards her side. First of all, she found out about the executive producers not renewing her contract from her husband through her agents and managers, not form Barbara or Bill. That was not cool to me...as closely as she had worked with Barbara Walters I thought she would have found out from her...I would have wanted it that way. Then, she knew about this since 04-21-06 and she was still a professional everyday and never let it be known that she wasn't renewed in her contract on air. And then I guess what drove her to finally crack and say something on Tuesday instead of Thursday like they planned was the way it was becoming a media circus outside her home and she didn't want it to be that way. Would you? She is an attorney, first and foremost and she knows that she can screw herself by going on national TV and lying...so why would she. And as far as her weightloss, everyone knows how personal it can be and yes she is a celebrity but she is still a person with feelings. So she didn't come out and say..."I had WLS!!!" But she did say that she had 'medical intervention' and anyone with a brain knows what that means. But at the end of the day, what does it really matter and who is it hurting. So what, she had it, she lost the weight and is probably healthier now than she was before and I hope that she can go on with her life and be 'healthy'...to me that is all that matters. All this other BS is just a bump in the road of being a celebrity. Everyone has their own opinion and this is mine. Agree or disagree. Life is too short to worry about what other people think, you pick up and move on and i think that is what she is trying to do.