Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bye-bye Star!

Has anyone been following the upheaval on "The View?" It appears Star Jones/Reynolds is history and upstaged Barbara Walters by announcing her departure without warning. Star went to "People" magazine and told her version of the story forcing Barbara to make a public announcement on the show and deciding not to have Star return to work out the remainder of her contract.

Barbara provided Star the opportunity to become a star and kept her employed for 9 years. Star's contract was not being renewed and ABC said Star could state whatever reason she wanted to for leaving and they would back her up. I think Star's actions were juvenile and a slap in the face to Barbara Walters. She might have been ticked and felt that Rosie O'Donnell was the causative factor in her contract not being renewed but she lacked grace in departing with dignity.

OK, I know many of you will disagree with me but it's good to get different points of view... pun intended. LOL.

I think a great deal of this could have been avoided if Star just came clean about her surgery. Everybody knew that she had the GB but she wouldn't admit it and appeared sneaky and as a liar. Therefore, the audiences got sick of her and wanted her out Especially when for the longest time she was always preaching about how she would never date a man unless he loved her fat and how she loved her fattening dishes. People loved her for who she was, fat or not. Since she lost all of her weight she got an attitude and that turned people off. If somebody asks me if I had WLS I don't lie. I am very happy about my results and inform people that I am eating less and exercising more and that no i didn't have the GB. It seems as though maybe Star is ashamed that she had WLS b/c she wanted ppl to believe she was happy fat for so long..Just my 2 cents

~Liz~

banded 03/10/06

241/191/150

5'7''

DOWN 50 LBS TODAY!!!! :clap2:

I have NO idea what any of this is about.

I dont even know who "star jones" is... honestly.

But Im going to find out! :biggrin1:

That woman annoys me to no end! She had the biggest chip on her shoulder and came across as a real witch. I hope the door didn't hit her skinny arse on the way out! :grouphug: Oh, and her freakishly long witch fingers creeped me out when I saw them in a recent photo.

She was clearly angered by ABC's decision and rather than take the high road - and not burn bridges - she opted to do it her way. I know show business does its best to hide scandal, hide egos, and hide secret battles amongst co-stars, but she has made it all pretty public on her own, which to me shows her ego in full form. I do think we all go through changes as we lose weight, especially with such a huge loss, but sadly, I don't think her true inner self is as pretty as it was when she was heavier - she was nicer then, or atleast appeared nicer. Joy even called her a skinny bitch on her last day there!!

You all crack me up. I never cared for 'Star' so I could give a rats tookas what happens to her career. What comes around......

Who's replacing Star? some one with talent I hope ROFL.

If I cop an attitude like her after losing my weight, please hand me the gun!!! I used to like her and found her entertaining. Once she lost weight, had an elaborate over the top wedding, and starting traveling in richer circles, she became a real bore. She is not gracious at all and I for one am glad to see her go.

Paula, I'm with you. Never heard of her before all the threads here. O.K. I'll go crawl back under my rock ( and live in serenity) lol

Terry :grouphug:

If I cop an attitude like her after losing my weight, please hand me the gun!!! I used to like her and found her entertaining. Once she lost weight, had an elaborate over the top wedding, and starting traveling in richer circles, she became a real bore. She is not gracious at all and I for one am glad to see her go.

Ditto.:clap2:

I have never been a fan of hers. I didn't like her when she was heavy, as she really seemed to have a pissy attitude. I don't like her thin, as she now seems to be really over the top self-absorbed.

I never cared a rats a$$ if she had the GB (in my opinion she definately did), or not. She lost even more brownie points with me when she wrote the book about weight loss then apparently omitted major facts. And she really chapped my ass with the freebies for her wedding. How trashy.

But ya know, she is still really wealthy whether she deserves it or not.

Yes I agree about her being trashy. At least she was real when she was heavy. She began turning me off when she wouldn't come clean about her weight loss, everyone could see that she must have had surgery. She was totally dishonest.

And then that book that she wrote, oh Please! Just because she got someone to finally marry her, she is now an expert in beauty and romance?

A real phony if you ask me.

Dani

I am glad to see her go. I stopped watching the show a long time ago and couldn't believe the drastic change in her when I saw it after her weight loss. She definitely needs to come down from her high horse.

I've never watched the show, but I think Star was a much prettier woman when she was heavy. She looks spooky now.

I think she is sick. Literally. She looks rather ill, and has not been herself since the weight loss. My interpretation of herself is happy and joking around. She just seems so sad now. But who knows what goes on behind the scenes.