Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Band Crew!!!!!

Hi all,

I have been ghosting this forum for a couple of months while I researched the band. I just wanted to thank everyone for their comments and frank discussions. You have all been a great help to me (is that called band-aid? - sorry; couldn't resist) in making this decision. I will be joining the TJ bandsters on August 9th, with the aid of Dr. Ortiz and his crew. If there is anyone else who will be in Tijuana between the 8th and 12th of August, shout out. I'd love to hear from you. I'm excited, nervous and determined at this stage, and of course, can't wait 'til the day.

Hi everyone, Add me to the August Club. I'll be banded on the 21st by Dr. Foster in Burlingame, CAlifornia. I can't wait, my body is full of aches and pains. They haven't told me about a pre-op diet yet....I wonder if they will. Did you all on a pre-op diet find this out right after they booked your surgery date? My husband will be banded 3 weeks after me so it should be an interesting journey for a husband and wife who like to eat.

My Dr. told me he wanted me to lose 10 - 15 pounds before surgery. And that if I could do it on my own by two weeks out, I wouldn't need to do a liquid diet beforehand. SO that's what I'm working on.

yup, in ontario, no insurance coverage here at all, EVERYONE is self pay to the tune of 16,000! I sure hope its worth it.:D

did your hubby lose all he wanted? without any major health issues?

I think it is worth it, from all I've read and people I've talked to.

Hubby's lost about 90 pounds, has about 60 to go. He made a decision that he'd rather lose slower and eat more of what he wants. I don't really agree with that, but it's his body. And he is losing steadily.

No major health issues at all, not many minor ones. Biggest problem he's had is overeating, or not chewing, and throwing up what he ate. Too much of that can lead to problems, so he's working on it.

We got our tickets!!!! We are confirmed, surgery on Aug. 10th in Puerto Vallarta (i can't spell) with Dr. Joya!!!!!!!!!

I am so excited, to have the actual time to get on the plane, it makes it seem real! Plus, we get to fly first class on the way home!!!!!!!! I have always wanted to do that, but it is so expensive. I am so happy and excited!

I will be banded August 7, 2006

Arlington TX

Dr Richard Carter

Not sure if I am excited. More scared than anything

I waiver from both every second! :eek:

I had my stress test today and had the final meeting with my Dr. before surgery. Everything was A OK. So, it is really going to happened.:clap2: Right now, for me the scariest thing will happen on Friday. It is the day I pay for the surgery. (self-pay):phanvan But, if one is going to be in debt, trying to improve your health is a very good reason.

I know it is a chunk of money, but it is also a new lease on life. It will be the most expensive and best gift you have every given yourself. I have thanked my husband with tears and hugs over the last week for giving me what I am unable to give myself - a chance at a better way of life.

Hi Jewels. Welcome to the August banders club. My surgery date is August 1st. I was not told to follow any sort of pre-op diet. I think if you are a certain BMI or ove a certain weight, your wurgeon will have youfollow a diet because they don't want youto have a fattly live during operation. I'm not sure. I better talk to my doctor and make sure I'm not supposed to be on a special diet. I only have two weeks to go. Is anyone who is about to be banded, a smoker??

We start the 2 week liquid pre-diet on monday, and I am not looking forward to it at all. sigh. I am not looking forward to it. We have been doing a South Beach type diet the last couple of weeks, just because I didn't want to go from frozen custard to slimfast with nothing in between, and I have lost 10 pounds. WHOO HOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nasty drinks? !?! What are ya'll drinking?

I have been drinking Ready to Drink type-EAS Advent Edge chocolate fudge, Dark Chocolate and the Mocha and the Carmel Cappicino.. yum!

I think slimfast is a) NAAAAAASSSSSTY and :) just as expensive as the stuff I buy at GNC. I have been, lately, able to find both types of choc. at my grocery store where they sell the power bar kinds of things. Seems like they keep the slim fast in the cereal/breakfast drink isle and the Protein Drinks in another section. Target and Wal Mart also carry the drinks (and in strawberry and vanilla--which i havent tried). I also liked the weight watchers powdered choc and carmel coffee protien shake. But there is not enough protien in there according to Dr's guidelines, so I add some of the Unjury protien powder to it.