Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Band Crew!!!!!

:update:

Well, I talked to my Patient Advocate today and it looks like my insurance has approved everything! Yayyy! So, I had the appointment to have my consult with the surgeon next Wednesday (the 19th) and she said it will move very fast from that point, and that is VERY realistic to assume that my surgery will be in August! So...it looks like I am almost officially part of the August Crew!

:banana

Hi, I also have a surgery date of August 17th after 3 months of trying to get insurance to cover it. I will self pay and know for sure that I am going to get it done. I will have mine done by Dr. Avilla in Blackfoot, Idaho. I have to have my blood work redone as it was done in May. I live in Pocatello, Idaho. Getting excited for this change!!

Hope your surgery goes well!

Cool Moon! you got your date!!!!

Becareful with the overeating. I am going to try to lose some on the Soup diet it.. then eat my head off for my birthday/REAL last big supper at the Melting Pot. Its a fondue resturant with KILLER chocholate fondue.

Hi Gang!

I have a date on August 17th with Dr. Rumbaut in Mexico. I'm really excited but nervous at the same time. Is anyone else going to be in Monterrey on that date? I'm going with a friend that had the procedure with Dr. Rumbaut the end of April which is nice because she knows the routine. I haven't done the last supper thing yet, but I have been gaining weight which normally would have me in a tizzy. I think since I know I'll have a lot of help in about a month I'm not getting too upset about it.

I'm going to do the liquid diet for 2 days prior. I'm only required to do it for one day but I want to be sure I'm cleaned out well and my liver is the size it's supposed to be. I plan to eat fairly lightly the week before too - so the week before that will be filled with all the nutritional "crap" I'm going to be bidding adieu to. I may indulge with a margarita the night before surgery just to Celebrate a little!!!

I'm excited to be a part of the August Band Crew! I'd like to hear from some of the previous August Band Crew members about the progress they've made, anything to be observant of, things they've Celebrate and mourned (I'm thinking I'm going to be mourning the loss of bread) and any helpful hints.

Take care and wonderful experiences to everyone!

Andy Liz

PS - Hey Jill - I'm going to do the Soup diet the week before surgery I think too. I live in Missouri and there's a Melting Pot in Kansas City that I've wanted to go to for a long time - you think that'd be a good place to go for the "last supper"?

My partner and I are (once we get the money from my credit union to put down the deposit) planning to be banded together on Aug 11th in PV Mexico, by Dr. Joya. We can't wait.

We both have been "last suppering" it horribly! But yesterday we started eating low-fat/lower-carb for the next two weeks, then we are on a two-week pre-op liquid diet. I am not looking forward to that at all!

I am excited to finally see the light at the end of the tunnel...this band is giving me hope I haven't had in years!

Well,

It seems as though everyone's hopes and dreams are coming together, I'm happy for YOU ALL......

Me, I'm just peachy...I just got my plane ticket for my surgery with Dr. Sanchez (Monterrey, MX) on the 1st and it's now setting in that I'm actually going to get this done. The only thing is that it took soo long to get all the financials taken care of that I can't afford to have anyone travel with me...my award travel is all booked up...DAYUM! So, I'm excited and bummed at the same time since I have to travel by myself!

Good luck everyone!

Wavy (Jill)~

Mmmmm!!!! I LOVE The Melting Pot!!! What a great Last Supper excursion! I have been there before and I felt like they had to roll me out the door after dinner! *ha!*

Moon Goddess

(Michelle)

finally getting somewhere!

Hey Courtney - good luck! I'm sure you'll do fine on your own, everything I've heard is that they take wonderful care of their patients in Mexico. I hate to fly so the hardest part for me will be the trip, but you know, somehow I'll manage! Best of luck to you and keep us posted.

Has anyone heard anything out of Amy? I'm hoping everything went well for the girls that were there together..... Have a great day everyone!

Andy Liz

August 4th at 6:30 am. That would be 6:30 am. Did I mention the surgery would be at 6:30 am?

was that 6:30am Diva? what a shame. I would think they could get you in a little earlier! Tee Hee!

6:30 am???? Heck they wouldnt even have to give me anything to put me under at that time of the morning! :)

I love love love the Melting Pot. I have it all picked out what i am going to eat there and which taaaaasty chocolate to have for dessert.

Personally since you get a four course meal (fondue cheese, salad, main meat and veggie fondue then choc fondue), I think that is the BEST place for a "last supper".

I am on board for the August Band Crew. I will be banded in Houston on August 2 by Dr. Spivak. I am so excited I can hardly believe it. I have started the pre-op diet and lost 6 pounds. My birthday is in September and I am hoping to see at least one dress change size by then!

The ticker can be created at www.tickerfactory.com

Once you create the ticker, copy the code and then go to quick start menu at lapband forum, edit signature, click the icon to insert an image, copy the code to the http box, and then the ticker will appear.

I need to make sure that this sounds right...has your doctor told you that you don't need to do a pre-op diet? Mine has and the reason was because my BMI was 45..not sure if that was good or bad.

My doc doesn't require a pre op diet either. My BMI is 42. Every doc is different.

Looks like there are three of us for August 2nd so far!