Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Band Crew!!!!!

RLittman -- I'm having mine done Aug. 2 by Dr. Spivak also. Self-pay at the Surgicenter. I had an upper GI. Do you know if there are any pre-op tests done the day or so before?

I must admit I am not being good about the "pre-op" eating plan. Plus, I am returning from a 7-day cruise 3 days before the surgery. I guess I'll try to do just liquids those 3 days.

I can't wait. Good luck to all.

Now, what am I having for dinner...:hungry:

Last Supper- I love it. I have had those thoughts, too!! I have had a little sampling of forbidden food each day as I am still trying to lose weight before the surgery and keep down my carbs. Today, I had a bite of fried chicken (I tear up as I type this). Yesterday I had a taco. Boy this is tough!

Just keep reminding yourself, 90% of the time we WILL be able to eat it after surgery, just not in the mondo SUPER SIZED XXXL HUGE portions we are used to.

I guess thats why I want to go to the Melting Pot. The over all portion size is not bad, you just get a lot of different things to eat.

My doc doesnt mandate a pre-op diet so long as you maintain your weight from the inital consulatation.

Oh and dont forget about this thread!!! Its a thread where people have listed what all to get before surgery!

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/showthread.php?t=14814

Since I already had blood work and psych eval done in May, they told me there were no other pre-op tests needed. How funny I just came off a cruise to Alaska on July 6 and had gained 5 pounds. I have since lost 8. I guess I am so excited about the surgery that it has been hard to eat large meals. I have cut down on the carbs though by at least 75%. I am really excited but a little scared, too.

Hello everyone. I have found this site so very informative and helpful to me as I take this journey. So I'd like to first thank everyone for being so open and sharing their experiences. I am having surgery withe the team at Lenox Hill Hospital in NYC and have attended the pre-op class and consultation with my surgeon. I have a surgery date of August 1st, 2006. I have had my psychological evaluation and met with the dietician. Lenox Hill has submitted my info. to my insurance provider (GHI) and fI ound out yesterday that I was denied!!! I have gotten conflicting information about why I was denied. I have been told it is because my BMI isn't high enough (it's 39.2 instead of 40 so I'm a whole .8 points away!!) and I don't have co-morbidities then I was told it's because my doctor's progress notes from the required 6 month physician documented diet aren't sufficient. I am about to research weight loss surgery lawyers. I am not giving up without a fight. What I'm hoping is that when GHI finds out that I've hired a lawyer, they will cave so they won't have to deal with a drawn-out suit and possibly having to pay all the legal fees if they lose. In the end I've already decided that I will pay out-of-pocket if I can't get my insurance to cover it. I have a surgery date of August 1st. So whether GHI pays for it or not, I WILL be banded on August 1st, 2006 and I'm really excited and nervous. This is going to change my life forever. If anyone out there has hired a lawyer and fought to get their insurance to pay (especially if it was GHI) and won, please e-mail me. Also, if there's anyone who is going to have their surgery on or about 8/1/06 and would like to go through this with someone, let me know!

Also, if there's anyone who is going to have their surgery on or about 8/1/06 and would like to go through this with someone, let me know!

Sorry about all your troubles. I'm being banded 7/31/06.

Hi, I'm new to the boards too. Scheduled to have my surgery Aug. 10th at Medical City Dallas, Dr. Jayaseelan will be doing my surgery.

I'm excited, nervous and a little scared, but reading the posts has helped me.

I'll keep everyone informed on how things turn out for me.

Hello everyone. I have found this site so very informative and helpful to me as I take this journey. So I'd like to first thank everyone for being so open and sharing their experiences. I am having surgery withe the team at Lenox Hill Hospital in NYC and have attended the pre-op class and consultation with my surgeon. I have a surgery date of August 1st, 2006. I have had my psychological evaluation and met with the dietician. Lenox Hill has submitted my info. to my insurance provider (GHI) and fI ound out yesterday that I was denied!!! I have gotten conflicting information about why I was denied. I have been told it is because my BMI isn't high enough (it's 39.2 instead of 40 so I'm a whole .8 points away!!) and I don't have co-morbidities then I was told it's because my doctor's progress notes from the required 6 month physician documented diet aren't sufficient. I am about to research weight loss surgery lawyers. I am not giving up without a fight. What I'm hoping is that when GHI finds out that I've hired a lawyer, they will cave so they won't have to deal with a drawn-out suit and possibly having to pay all the legal fees if they lose. In the end I've already decided that I will pay out-of-pocket if I can't get my insurance to cover it. I have a surgery date of August 1st. So whether GHI pays for it or not, I WILL be banded on August 1st, 2006 and I'm really excited and nervous. This is going to change my life forever. If anyone out there has hired a lawyer and fought to get their insurance to pay (especially if it was GHI) and won, please e-mail me. Also, if there's anyone who is going to have their surgery on or about 8/1/06 and would like to go through this with someone, let me know!

can anyone please teach me how to add the tickfactory ticker I designed, to my profile. Thanks a lot!

Check out my siggie! Down to counting days instead of months finally! :whoo: :clap2: :whoo: I cannot wait!

So how is everyones nervous level??? I'm officially 17 days away from getting my surgery! I can't believe it!

Me too! My partner and i are being banded on the same day Aug. 10th by Dr. Joya in Mexico. I can hardly wait! I am so excited.

It feels like we are starting a new life. It is funny, because all of a sudden we are organizing the house, our bills, everything that we have been brushing off to the side.

It is almost like we are nesting. I feel like I have been hiding in my messy house for so long, afraid to be me, and now this band is giving me hope for the first time...

Hope for:

walking without hurting

keeping up with my skinny friends

Not having people feel like they have to slow down to walk with me.

finally getting on stage and doing the stand up act I have been writing for the past 10 years.

acting again

not having to think about where to shop, just going and buying clothes

not having to worry about having a heart attack at any time.

I am so excited, I am jumpy!:biggrin1: :biggrin1: :biggrin1: :biggrin1:

Me too! My partner and i are being banded on the same day Aug. 10th by Dr. Joya in Mexico. I can hardly wait! I am so excited.

It feels like we are starting a new life. It is funny, because all of a sudden we are organizing the house, our bills, everything that we have been brushing off to the side.

It is almost like we are nesting. I feel like I have been hiding in my messy house for so long, afraid to be me, and now this band is giving me hope for the first time...

Hope for:

walking without hurting

keeping up with my skinny friends

Not having people feel like they have to slow down to walk with me.

finally getting on stage and doing the stand up act I have been writing for the past 10 years.

acting again

not having to think about where to shop, just going and buying clothes

not having to worry about having a heart attack at any time.

I am so excited, I am jumpy!:biggrin1: :biggrin1: :biggrin1: :biggrin1:

How cool that you are doing this together! In a real way, you are starting a new life together, and a healthier one at that! I agree about having hope again.

I've done a little nesting. Got my list of what I want on hand post-surgery, got a bunch of movies and books lined up. Surgery is on a Thursday, DH is off that day, Friday, and then it's a long weekend, so he'll be there for 6 days with me.

I've gone through the pile of clothes in the back bedroom, that I tossed there in disgust as things got too small, and organized them all in nice little plastic tubs. I'm looking forward to wearing them again.