Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm not any more depressed than I was before surgery. I am not particularly upset to be missing part of my stomach. I am really fine except for one thing: every day since the surgery I have cried every day. I think it's the anesthesia but I guess it could be any number of things -- metabolic changes, processing physical trauma -- I don't know but this happens every single day. I just find myself on the verge of tears. And don't get me wrong, I am not crying over the fact that I have not lost any weight all week or that I can't have a cheeseburger.

I do get tired pretty fast. But the other thing is...especially sometime in the afternoon, between roughly two and five, i am going to burst into tears. I was standing in line to get a train ticket and a guy told me to I had to go to another line: tears. I am sitting watching some dumb movie on hulu, not even really watching the movie, I realize I am on the verge of tears. Then I cry a little bit. Then I get better. Oh, today I was having a perfectly brilliant day full of a consultation with my hairdresser and a bowl of really abysmal strained potato Soup and then I felt myself get really tired, had to lie down -- tears. Also my temp spiked a little, to 99 -- an hour later, it was all over, I was back down to 98.6 and drained.

Anybody else have this?

A hug for you. Now remember,it is okay to cry since a lot of changes have taken place. You had surgery. Your patterns are different. Hormones are in play.

Realize this is temporary and you will go back to "normal." Smile, each day you will feel stronger and more like yourself before surgery, minus the hungries.

I have read a lot of people do seem to get weepy and hormonal. Something about estrogen being stored in our fat cells. And yes, you may notice low energy levels till you are able to get in more Water and Protein. People seem to feel much better when they get to the mushy stage. I am not sure about the spike in temp. Hope you're feeling good otherwise.

I was weepy and tired for the first little while. I still do get weepy at times but nothing like it was first out.I think it has to do with the increase in Estrogen that was stored in our fat cells and the body needs time to figure out how to work with the increase. I do get incredibly tired still at times but I lay down for 20 mins and then I am good to go.

Hope you start to feel more like yourself soon.

I'm not any more depressed than I was before surgery. I am not particularly upset to be missing part of my stomach. I am really fine except for one thing: every day since the surgery I have cried every day. I think it's the anesthesia but I guess it could be any number of things -- metabolic changes, processing physical trauma -- I don't know but this happens every single day. I just find myself on the verge of tears. And don't get me wrong, I am not crying over the fact that I have not lost any weight all week or that I can't have a cheeseburger.

I do get tired pretty fast. But the other thing is...especially sometime in the afternoon, between roughly two and five, i am going to burst into tears. I was standing in line to get a train ticket and a guy told me to I had to go to another line: tears. I am sitting watching some dumb movie on hulu, not even really watching the movie, I realize I am on the verge of tears. Then I cry a little bit. Then I get better. Oh, today I was having a perfectly brilliant day full of a consultation with my hairdresser and a bowl of really abysmal strained potato Soup and then I felt myself get really tired, had to lie down -- tears. Also my temp spiked a little, to 99 -- an hour later, it was all over, I was back down to 98.6 and drained.

Anybody else have this?

Yeah not sure if it was the physical or emotional trama of it all, but even as a guy I had some rollercoaster emotions the first couple of months. It does pass though!!

Sending u lots of hugs and comfort! after my band surgery I kept having fights with my mom blaming here for NOTHING lol but just blaming her and accusing her of hurting my feelings even though she was an angel to me!! and then I cried after that then when my friends came over I kept leaving them in my room and sitting alone outside! and crying! then 2 month later I was laughing at myself:)

dont worry!! its a phase:) and as they told u here they all went through it.. u are not alone:)

My dad got really weepy after heart surgery. The doctor said it was normal after surgery. I hope it passes soon. Hugs to you!

:) Thanks all.

It's weird! And I bet it'll happen today too.. I'm leaning more towards the anesthesia thing than the estrogen at this point. I haven't really lost enough weight for it to be floating around in my system. However, fentanyl probably still *is* zipping around in my bloodstream. I've heard the thing about being weepy after surgery too, I just didn't connect them until it became a dailly pattern.

Fascinating...

I hope it passes sweetie. If it gets to the pointbthat you begin to feel worst, maybe call your doctor and see what he says that may help. But I agree with the others and think it is part of having surgery. Take care and wish you all the best!

I cried off and on for the first 3 weeks. It was the fatigue, being tired of eating the same old thing, being tired of not feeling 100% - it just gets to you. I started to get a little better after the 4th week.

Completely normal!

I get weepy when I'm exhausted. When I was working full time and going to college and had 2 kids I would come home at night sometimes and just sit and cry for about 10 minutes. Not sad, just wiped. Then it was over and I felt better. I'm sure it will pass, but you should mention it to your dr. anyway, especially the temp. part. Feel better soon!!

God, another area where I'm weird. I haven't been emotional or crying at all post-op. :blink: I am not much of a crier and didn't cry hardly ever pre-op either, but I thought I'd have some roller-coaster emotions or something. But no. The only thing I've noticed is that I get impatient and bit angrier faster than I normally would, but not so much that I can't still keep it entirely to myself when I want to.

I'm a sleeve freak.

{{{Crosswind}}} Cry all you want -- I SUPPORT YOUR TEARS!!! :)

:) Thanks all.

It's weird! And I bet it'll happen today too.. I'm leaning more towards the anesthesia thing than the estrogen at this point. I haven't really lost enough weight for it to be floating around in my system. However, fentanyl probably still *is* zipping around in my bloodstream. I've heard the thing about being weepy after surgery too, I just didn't connect them until it became a dailly pattern.

Fascinating...

I can report that is probably a good part of it- because I have a fentanyl patch for pain and I am all over the place emotionally.

To quote Bruce Springsteen "Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny"

Hi Crosswind, I'm new to the board, actually this is my very first post! I have been reading through the board and had to reply to you. When I had surgery (hysterectomy) a couple years ago, I cried and cried and cried. It wasn't that I was in pain, but it WAS a reaction to the anesthesia. It made me hyper-emotional, if that's a word lol I've always been the funny one, the one that can cheer everyone around me up, and suddenly I was this wailing ball of (read beach ball *shape*) emotions! So much so that my kids (and husband, the sh!t-head) called me Moaning Myrtle, from Harry Potter LOL

It passes. Give yourself time and the permission to be upset. You're healing from the surgery, but also the heavy emotional toll that it took on you. Remember the months leading up to the surgery? How anxious and excited and scared you probably were? Sometimes it takes time for those emotions to whirlwind up and zoom off out of you. Mkay that's just silly sounding, but it's the only visual I could come up with after being up all night LOL

If anything, cry about having to throw away the old clothes that don't fit anymore or *LE GASP!* having to go shopping (CHA*CHING!!!) for new ones! Happy tears beat out the sad ones any day!

Renee`