Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Almost at 1 month... only lost 20 lbs!

I think people who lose 40 lbs in a month are those who need to loose much more than 110 lbs. You are doing great! Remember that those 20 lbs will be gone forever.

That's negative thinking to say you've ONLY lost x number of pounds. Turn it around and be proud of the fact that you've lost x number of pounds regardless of whether it's 1 pound or 20 pounds. It's still a loss, and I think you're doing great, especially for one month out!!

Go to the store, pick up two 10 pound bags of something (sugar/flour). 20 pounds is A LOT of weight! Hang in there! You're on the right path. We're in this for a life time, not a month at a time. You're changing you body - and your thinking. Stay connected and express your fears. We'll carry you!

"ONLY" 20 pounds, in less than a month? Really? When's the last time you did that? Your BMI was on the lower side to begin with, you're not going to lose as fast as someone whose BMI is 50. 20 lbs. in a month is pretty significant.

I'll be 4 wks post op tomorrow and I have only lost 22 lbs so you're doing good we're still right on track.

Thank you everyone for the comments. They put my situation into perspective. Yes, 20lbs is pretty awesome. I hope to lose 2 lbs a week, steadily but surely.

I'm so glad I found this forum! Yippe!

You are doing great! Congrats!

I am so glad you are feeling better! You should be very proud of your accomplishment! I think sometimes we get scared that we aren't going to lose all of our weight when we aren't losing quickly or when we hit a stall, but just trust that you are doing just fine!!!! :-)

Since your starting BMI was a 43, I think you are probably with me in the "little big girl" category. Folks who have more to lose will lose faster; they just will. But, since you are starting smaller, you will still get to your goal fairly quickly.

I have set my expectations at losing 10 lbs per month; If I hit something close to that, I will be thrilled. And hey, at that rate, in December, I should be a size 6. I haven't been a size 6 since I was 17 years old, so I guess I can wait another eight months.

Remember, you didn't put this on overnight, it won't go away overnight either. The sleeve is a tool, not a magic wand.

I had only lost 15 at the 4 week mark and now my avg. per week is 2-3 lbs...

Thats perfect according to my Dr.

If a lbs is aprrox 3500 cal then we have to remove/loss/burn off 10,500 per week to lose 3 lbs.

20 lbs is wonderful.... Also (some people stretch the truth a tad so don't get over welmed by over achievers). When was the last time you lost 20 lbs in 4 weeks. The surgery doen't remove fat it just helps up keep our caloried in check so we don't over eat. Your body still has to burn the fat... and we all do it at a different pace.

I am sooooo HAPPY to read this thread!!!
I am 1 month tomorrow (op was on 10/10/20) and looking like I will hit 20lbs exactly. I actually hit a large stall on my second week ... and I was only having liquids ! Lol! I am striving for health and to reverse my prediabetic numbers... The jean and little black dress days are on the horizon somewhere lol! I still have over 100lbs to lose ... we can do it!! xx

On 4/11/2011 at 4:00 PM, movetolose said:

I was 4 weeks out last wednesday and I only lost 12.2lbs( I will weigh again on this wed, once a week). I am disappointed about it but I guess I will be a slow loser. I am trying to look at it like Tiffany explains. It's weight that's gone that won't be back.....So anything is something!!!!

Me too! But I am 4 weeks this coming Monday. I think I stalled early, as I stopped losing at 14 days...or it is a reaction to all my antihistamines and meds. I had an allergic reaction to the narcotic they gave me - Aquagenic Pruritus, sooo bad - it is an intense allergic reaction to Water and perspiration on your hands. Then I had one to the lovonox I was injecting, so I have been a swollen mess since the start and covered in welts - 22 of them each 2-4” in diameter on my abdomen and thighs). Finally all starting to go away. I put my scale away once I stopped losing and take it out only on Friday’s to weigh in.