Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

drinking after/well eating

I am 6 months out and I'm curious as to how common this is. before surgery I remember I would eat, then drink a glass of Water and the Water would make the food go down and it would feel better. Now after I eat, I drink some water but instead of it washing down my food, but feels worse. It feels as if it pushes it back up and I feel super full.?? Common??

also, what are portion sizes people are eating and average weight loss at 6 months post op.thank you!

I am 6 months out and I'm curious as to how common this is. before surgery I remember I would eat, then drink a glass of Water and the Water would make the food go down and it would feel better. Now after I eat, I drink some water but instead of it washing down my food, but feels worse. It feels as if it pushes it back up and I feel super full.?? Common??

also, what are portion sizes people are eating and average weight loss at 6 months post op.thank you!

I am still pre-op but my doc said no drinking 30 min before or after any food. There's not enought room in the tummy for both and I guess it takes a little time to naturally leave it.

Remember your pre-op teaching? When they stressed no liquids 30 minutes before and after meals? The discomfort is why!

I am like you. I didnt want to just take the doc's word for it....so I drank with my meals. And I was MISERABLE...

Follow all the guidelines your doc gave you, to a "T". The guidelines are there for your safety, not just to overload your brain with do's and don'ts.

Keep your head up!tongue.gif

Are you drinking with your meal or right after? I did that just once and had discomfort. After that I just follow the docs orders and wait 30-40 minutes to drink and I'm fine. That was probably the hardest adjustment for me- not drinking while eating.:( Still don't like it- but do what I gotta do to be successful.

I'm just curious if this is a forever thing. If I go to a restaurant I order Water because its a waste of money to order a drink. Just wanna know if i will be like this forever...?

I am 2 years out at the end of this month. I sometimes take a sip of Water in the middle of a meal, but really, I have no room to drink and eat at the same time. I am used to it and it does not bother me. I am sometimes still too full to drink 30 min later.

I am 5 months out, and I do not drink with my meals. It makes my stomach upset, plus it was in my guidelines...no drinking with meals. It was for 2 reasons...it can make you sick and even make you throw up. Also, fluids help things digest faster, so to stay feeling fuller longer, don't drink.

As for your other question, I am almost 5 months out, and in the last few weeks, by weight loss has slowed right down. I am hoping it will pick back up again, but I will have to see. I have been lucky so far and have not had a real stall and I am over half way to my goal in 4.5 months.