Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do you have a reward for yourself when you hit goal?

I made up my ultimate plan this weekend & I think it's going to work!!!!!!

I have been getting my fingernails & toe nails done professionally for years. I feel ugly without them!!! ;) Well, this weekend I had them all taken off. My toes look bare & my fingers are little stubs! I won't be getting any nails done, eyebrows waxed, massages.......NADA!!!.....until I reach my weight loss goal. The faster I reach my goal, the sooner I get to enjoy my DAY AT THE SPA & get pampered to high heaven. Here's what my SPA DAY will include:

Egyptian Secret Exclusive Pyramid Retreat

Hydro Rose Petal Bath with jasmine oil

Parafango Body Treatment

Hot Rock Massage

Milk and Honey Facial

Catered Spa lunch

Spa Manicure

Spa Pedicure

Aromatherapy Treatment

Shampoo, Cut and Style

Two Dozen Multicolor Roses in a Vase

The ultimate gift in luxury and indulgence to relax, restore, rejuvenate and pamper.

When this day is over, I am going to look so HOT!! :rolleyes: My new goal is 170! Today I weighed myself at 199. So I have about 30 lbs. to get there! My goal is 10 lbs. a month.

Just thinking about my SPA DAY really motivates me. ;) I want my pretty nails back. :phanvan

I CAN DO THIS!!!!!! :) :woot: :Banane21: :Banane42: :Banane10: :Banane02: :D :eek: :grouphug: :Banane20:

Good for you!!! I dont think I could go without my nails, lol. It would depress me. I love the idea of a spa day!

My new present to myself is the cruise. I am going to buy cruise dresses, and a new bathing suit, and I am going to work hard to be as hot as possible for when that time comes!!

DH works with a woman who had the band done about 2 years ago. she reached goal in 18.5 months. And by goal, I mean she went from 400 to 150 pounds. She was 5ft7. what did she do to reward herself? Traded her car in on a little sport car. Cause she could finally fit into it. I say you go girl!!!

I have setup a jar in the kitchen. I pay myself a dollar for every day i workout, and a dollar i eat right. and i am going to pay myself 5 dollars for every pound lost. that way at the end of it all i will have lots of money saved up for something special, like a whole new wardrobe, or a trip to carribean :confused:

Funny, I love that idea. I may do something similar. Thanks for the idea.

I was a pack rat!!!!! gave all my fat cloth away! every chance I can I, go shopping rewards ,rewards, rewards!!!!!!

Hmmmm, since you didn't start the money jar a year ago, maybe you could go ahead and pay yourself $10 (or some other estimated amount) for every pound previously lost and then get on track saving for future pounds lost, exericise, and diet?

Funny - yep, I believe that place is in Figi. Wouldn't that be a place to die for?!? I would be in heaven.

Wheetsin - If you really go to Figi, I'm so jealous!!!!!!!!!

Okay, so there's no BBQ. But, we can dream!!! :scared:

Now, about that reward...... I'm still thinking about it. You guys have some great ideas here. I still wish I had started a money jar a year ago!

I have been thinking major TT and breast put back where they used to be, or / and a red convertible, maybe both. hopefully next year I will have several things to Celebrate, being goal weight, daughter graduated college, and the big 50. I will definately do something big...

Y'all really got me to thinking. So far, I've decided to use that fantastic money jar idea to save up for the spa day and treat myself at mid-goal. I'm also going to ask DH to treat me to a cruise or some other vacation once I reach goal. Now, all I need is some incremental goal ideas to keep myself motivated once I'm banded.

My reward for me hitting 100 pounds was my husband agreeing to wax his unibrow!!! We had a whole party where everyone had to watch...it gave me a lot of satisfaction since I have been wondering what it would look like for him to do it for 13+ years now! It didn't cost much, except we made a big deal out of it and had a party. My husband agreed to it when I first started losing weight, never thinking I would hit 100 pounds lost so quickly.....it was funny when he actually heard me say "Honey it's time for you to fulfill your end of the deal because I hit 100 pounds lost today!" LOL

That's funny - did you take before and after pictures?

Wow, I'd have said a nice new outfit like a yoga outfit from Luluemon or something, but now you got me thinking....

I think I'd like a small, nothing too expensive, gold band for my pinky. I'd call it my promise ring, PROMISE not to gain it back for a lifetime.

mobius-ring2.jpg

Yep, convinced myself.

Congratulations by the way. Such an awesome accomplishment.:clap2:

ok Im still 9 pounds away from my goal, but Im rewarding myself with personal trainer:-) and the LV bag doesnt seem that important anymore:-)I want a great bod ...lol

I had to set myself some mini-rewards also - you will see them below in my signature. I like the fact of having a Big Reward at the end - however if I don't have some reward droppings to lead me to the end I'm afraid I may get side tracked - so I set mini-rewards and then the BIG ONE:scared: . After I reach goal - I will set it as my anniversary - Every year at that time if I've maintained (As I should have) then I will do something big again.

Good Luck All.

Y'all really got me to thinking. So far, I've decided to use that fantastic money jar idea to save up for the spa day and treat myself at mid-goal. I'm also going to ask DH to treat me to a cruise or some other vacation once I reach goal. Now, all I need is some incremental goal ideas to keep myself motivated once I'm banded.

Well, I am at (and under) my goal.

I had my Tummy Tuck in August. After that I brought myself a beautiful new spring/summer wardrobe, and plan on doing the same for autumn/winter (featuring a pair of black knee high leather boots, and a leather jacket,she says drooling)

But by far my biggest reward?

Normality.