Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No Pain pump for me! That actually sounds nice. You get to be in your own bed AND you still have the pain pump!! :) Good luck! I will get back on here the first chance I get!

Are you going home with a pain pump? They are sending me home with one, maybe that's the difference. No idea. Anyway, good luck to you tomorrow as well. Post on here as soon as you can so we can compare notes!!!!! :D

My day is the 16th, I haven't packed anything, I go home the same day< I read my surgeons, are the only guys in the "world" that send home same day..?

Thank god for confidence, competence, AND skill!!!(Puget Sound Surgical Center) Dr. Landerholm will be doing my sleeve, Dr. Billing took my gallbladder out in Jan. I guess all 3 surgeons will be in there, they assist each other, I am wearing comfy clothes, to and from, and taking lip balm.. I am terrified, I really didnt think this day would ever get here, and didn't plan very well.I will go back the following morning for IV fluids, to insure hydration, and another check up, and be seen every week (i think he said) for the next 2 months,. SO I guess in a sense I will have a 'staycation' O and I have to take my cpap machine, and will take a hair tie...

Good luck to us all, what a hell of a road trip we are embarking on huh????

Today is your big day (to a smaller you). Good luck! and quick recovery.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery and congrats to all of today's sleevers!!!

Best of luck to everyone!

Thanks for all your info everyone! Surgery is tomorrow morning and I'm so excited, and with these lists I know I won't forget anything when I go to the hospital! :) I'll update as soon as I get to a computer post-op!

wow haven't been on in a bit! thanks for all the well-wishes everyone - the surgery went perfectly, i'm almost 2 weeks post-op and i have lost about 20 lbs so far. first couple of weeks have been difficult but all seems to be going well - soft food is getting easier by the day. been a slower recovery than i expected, but i also haven't allowed myself to slow down much since i got back to school a week ago. all in all it's going well!

only worry i have is that i feel that i may have popped an internal stitch in one of my surface incisions :( might just be paranoid though. nothing looks different and it only feels a bit more sore than yesterday - nothing very painful, just wondering if anybody's had the same concern or experience? if it's not one of my stitches/staples in my stomach incision, is it still a big deal?

also, how long did it take everyone to get back into exercising? my surgeon told me at my one week post-op that i could start doing cardio on the treadmill, i gave it a shot and felt like hell and really sore afterwards. thanks for any advice!

I was told that the surgeon would clear me for exercise at the 3 week post op appt. I have been walking a couple miles almost everyday and "jogged" (OK, it was only at 4.5 mpg) 0.1 miles but I think the idea behind waiting to exercise harder is that the body needs its nourishment to heal. I had surgery 3/16 and had a quick recovery. I was playing cornhole with my husband two days after surgery and went back to work light duty 9 days after but I feel like I had more energy than before surgery at that point. I have had no pulling sensation or pain at the incisions and people say that I look great after surgery (ie, quick recovery.) Two weeks post op I think I was down 15 lbs but I have been able to get in all my Protein and carbs. My surgeon/program does not want very low carbs as they feel the body and brain need them for energy and thinking. Their dietary requirements are: Protein 60-70 gr and carbs 100-120 gr/day. The days very for me but I get in at least 65 protein and 80-120 carbs, depending if I worked night shift and how much I have slept. It's been 17 day post op now and I feel like I can do anything but I am sticking to walking briskly until I have been officially cleared.

Hope you are feeling better by now. Be reasonable about the exercise and listen to your body.

Good luck,

Cheryl

wow haven't been on in a bit! thanks for all the well-wishes everyone - the surgery went perfectly, i'm almost 2 weeks post-op and i have lost about 20 lbs so far. first couple of weeks have been difficult but all seems to be going well - soft food is getting easier by the day. been a slower recovery than i expected, but i also haven't allowed myself to slow down much since i got back to school a week ago. all in all it's going well!

only worry i have is that i feel that i may have popped an internal stitch in one of my surface incisions :( might just be paranoid though. nothing looks different and it only feels a bit more sore than yesterday - nothing very painful, just wondering if anybody's had the same concern or experience? if it's not one of my stitches/staples in my stomach incision, is it still a big deal?

also, how long did it take everyone to get back into exercising? my surgeon told me at my one week post-op that i could start doing cardio on the treadmill, i gave it a shot and felt like hell and really sore afterwards. thanks for any advice!

I am really confused- isn't today the 13th? It is here in Redwood City where I am!

D'UH!!!!!!! I read the first page and didn't notice the month :P:blink::rolleyes: