Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do you Find yourself Pigging Out Before the Liquid Prep

It is ok to do that for a couple of days but you need to set a date. I had a week were I was eating things that I knew I would no longer eat ever again so I finally got tired to giving into my selfish needs and set a day and started eating more healthy and exercising. I know it is very hard but it is not helping you out piggin. I guess one of the biggest things that you have to say is fairwell to the foods that made you overweight for soo long.. Trust me when I say when you start going the opposite directions on the scale there is nothing in the world that tastes better than be slim..

I think most people do it to some degree ... just be careful, you can gain a lot in 2-3 months! :mellow:

I am trying to be good not overdoing it. My best friend laughed however at the extreme sour cream I had going on at Chipotle. I am looking forward to the journey ahead.

Chipotle is the devil! I have one literally 100 yards in the same parking lot as my work, I am always there. I feel ya on the last supper mentality

LOL, yes I had my "hit" list before surgery. I had 4 restaurants I had to hit before surgery because I knew there was no way I would be able to eat at those places for at least a year.

I didn't go crazy... I just had a few meals and Snacks for the novelty because afterwards I may never eat some of that stuff again.

Most of it wasn't very good.. :)

I'm just ready for the surgery... the food funerals didn't do much for me.

You are not the only one at all! I got my surgery date of May 19 in January...having to wait 4 months has been awful. I find that I am going through waves, some weeks I do fantastic and lose a couple of pounds and other weeks I find myself going out to eat a lot and I notice other old, bad habits creeping back in. I had a very rough patch a couple of weeks ago - the week the girl scouts came around - and I gained about 8 lbs. Fortunately I'm now back on the bandwagon and have lost 6 pounds. I have two and a half months to surgery and my goal is to lose 16 more. Looking at this website daily, drinking my Protein Shakes, and avoiding eating between meals will be god sends for me.

TOTALLY!!!! I love the "Food Funerals" too! I am trying for the most part to get my head on right for what is to come. I am going to give up pop for Lent and then just let it go completely...

I have this uncontrollable urge to bake all of my favorite things! I make this 12 layer coconut cake that takes two days to make. It is hands down the most challenging thng I make, but worth every ounce of effort. I normally make it every Easter but am making it this weekend instead. Surgery scheduled for March 28 and low carb diet starts the 14th. I keep thinking I'm never going to want to cook/bake after surgery so I'm making all my fav's now. I know I can bake and give it away, but it's just not the same. :)

food funerals is a great way to put it! My last supper before I started my pre-op liquid diet was at outback - 9oz filet (which I have never ever gotten before), a baked potato with butter (never ordered that before either) and green Beans. I ate EVERY bite on my plate! It was so yummy but I totally overdid it and felt so full I needed a feather. LOL I think it's totally normal.