Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where are the 50s ???

Joni has it right. You just have to have your liquids available and at your side at all times and sip, sip, sip. I would drink 1 and 1/2 bottles of Isopure each day and that took care of 60 grams of Protein and 30 ounces of clear Fluid.< /p>

My intake was something like this....

Morning - first thing I would take my PPI with a cup of warm tea (8 oz) this would take me about 45 minutes do drink slowly

Breakfast - I would put about 2/3 of a bottle of Isopure (orange ice) in a big plastic cup with ice and sip all morning. That would take care of about 16-20 oz of liquid as the ice melts and gives more liquid and 30 grams of protein. I would take my Vitamins with this meal.

lunch - 1 cup (8 oz) of either chicken or beef broth sipped with a spoon (4 grams protein)

All afternoon - Another 2/3 of a bottle of Isopure in the big cup with ice for 16-20 oz of liquid and 30 grams of protein.

dinner - 1 cup (8 oz) of either chicken or beef broth sipped with a spoon (4 grams protein)

Evening - Iced green tea, SF Jello

With this I was getting over 64 oz of liquid and 68 grams of protein.

It quickly changes when you move to full liquids - you are adding things like thinned out Cereal and spacing Clear Liquids with full liquids/protein shakes/creamy Soups, etc.

It takes work to get everything in so tracking was super important for me to make sure...the same applies at 3 months out. I have to space out liquids because of the timing with solid foods and get all my protein. I can't stand Isopure now...and I am doing one Protein Shake (Pure protein in frosty chocolate) and 1 Protein Bar, usually Atkins or Power Crunch - as an afternoon snack.< /p>

Katie - I LOVE those Power Crunch bars!!!

Joni has it right. You just have to have your liquids available and at your side at all times and sip, sip, sip. I would drink 1 and 1/2 bottles of Isopure each day and that took care of 60 grams of Protein and 30 ounces of clear Fluid.< /p>

I was sleeved Monday and have spent most of my time sleeping, some walking, and a little sipping. I have an hour-by-hour schedule of what to do but your schedule Katie, is worth GOLD! This is just what I needed, just when I needed it. Thanks!

G.

Thanks, Katie, I copied your schedule for my post surgery notebook, Will also keep a copy on my fridge and desk @ work.

I appreciate it!!

Katie - I LOVE those Power Crunch bars!!!

Joni - One of my other friends from this board recommended them to me. They are fantastic. I have to limit myself to one a day....so I don't go overboard as they are 200 calories! I love all the flavors too...remind me of those wafer Cookies from my childhood!!

The Atkins bars are good - the daybreak bars are great - sometimes I have a cranberry almond one for breakfast, sooo good and 150 calories and 10 grams of Protein and only 2 net carbs. The Peanut Butter fudge crisp day break bars are also great, peanut butter cup flavor with the same counts as above and 8 grams of Fiber. I get them cheap at Walmart....the Power Crunch bars are harder to find, Rite Aid has them in limited supply and I heart Trader Joe's carries them.

I am a 50's person who is getting the sleeve next week. Yikes!

Shelly - welcome to our 50's group! Tell us a little more about YOU. When are you scheduled to have surgery? Are you on a pre-op diet at this time?

You will find some pretty cool folks in this group and we are here to help if you need some advice or to cheer you on!

Can you get these at Walmart?

Kat I answered above to Joni - I haven't seen Power Crunch at Walmart. My Rite Aid has a small supply where they have all the Protein powders and stuff. I heard Trader Joe's has them, and I know you can purchase a 12-pack from Amazon. I may do that to save some money and have them delivered to my door step.

Keeping up the protein is so paramount and I am super tired of the shakes, but I do drink one per day anyway since it is hard for me to eat enough protein thru my meals to bring myself up to around 65-70 grams daily.

I have to tell you, my daughter did all the work in terms of finding us a good Protein Shake (we tested lots of them!) her surgery was June 6th, and so far, she has lost 40lbs! I am one week out, and have lost 11lbs. We have taken lots of "before" photos and look foward to those "after" photos.

Even at 11lbs, this sleeve has been life-changing

Dar1983....good for you.. I have found just like dieting pre-op for months that it helps to have all your supplies and allowable foods available at home so you don't end up eating something off plan - or not getting your Protein or nutrients. I bring my breakfast and lunch almost every day to work too. I am self contained!!

Thanks, Katie, I copied your schedule for my post surgery notebook, Will also keep a copy on my fridge and desk @ work.

I appreciate it!!

allnewme....you are welcome...I know it is hard to figure out "how to do it" - it seems so daunting. Everyone is different of course so getting your fluids and Protein like I was able to was great....I do realize some people have issues and cannot drink enough to make their numbers, and my NUT said do the best you can and that hydration is the most important thing. Sometimes swelling after surgery really limits what you can consume...just try your best...

55 years old from the Houston Texas area, two months out and 42 lbs down.

Welcome Julie...hey I see you are a shorty like me...I'm barely 5 feet tall, and I know with our body types, being heavy sits differently that with our tall counterparts. You are doing fantastic...42 pounds down already!

How are you feeling since you had the surgery?

I'm 5'-2" I am feeling great! A very easy surgery and recuperation for me. How about you?

I don't have a thyroid at all. I had it removed because a biopsy showed cancer, when they removed it the pathologist said there was no cancer. It has been bloody hell trying to loose weight before this surgery. So glad that I did it!