Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where are the 50s ???

Congratulations Newfound! You sound like you are doing great. Keep up the good work. HUGS!

Home now. Everything went great. Getting in my Water with no problems. It feels really good with my sore throat. Discomfort is tolerable. I'm walking a little every hour. They had to fix a hiatal hernia so my chest between shoulders in front is slightly sore trying to get big breaths in. Husband is being awesome! Go back in tomorrow at 7 am to pump in more fluids. Nap time now :-)

Stats:

Pre oop appt weight 253

DOS weight 233

BMI 41.3

Congratulations! I can't believe that you're home the same day! That's just amazing!!! Please keep us posted.

Update after 48 hours: still doing really well. Got my 64 oz. fluids in yesterday through Water, chicken broth and Jello. Got up and walked around the house a few times. Slept okay and was able to sleep on my right side this morning. Using a heating pad for the discomfort in my shoulders. I've moved from the bedroom to the living room sofa and am having my first chocolate Protein Drink and it tastes good and settling well. I seem to be able to drink larger amounts than what I've seen on here from lots of people. My NUT said it would probably take up to 2 hours to get in my Protein drink, but I think i'm on track to finish it in an hour so that's good. I can drink lots of water in a pretty speedy amount of time too. The problem with that though is that I then make very frequent trips to the bathroom :-). But that gets me off my duff to walk more so that's good too! I am so grateful that so far everything has gone so well!

Congratulations newfoundlove......it's so interesting reading the posts of those who have just been sleeved.....takes me right back there to my first weeks and how surreal it all seemed......I was in Amsterdam at the time when I had mine done, so being in a foreign country, having had the surgery (less than a month from research to surgery!) and then going through all the baby steps.....seems like such a long time ago now (it's been 7 months). But hearing the stories of the first days is nice in a way......you have SO much to look forward to! You have a great attitude and you'll be just fine. BTW, we have friends in Mulkiteo; what a charming little town!

Yeah newfound love--- awesome progress!

Day 4 post-op update: I am so counting all of my VSG victories! Still no nausea, although plenty of gas, but not painful. I think the gas is normal from what I've read here and what my doctor has told me. My family is really impressed with my burbs like a sailor moments :-) Yesterday I got 60 grams of Protein in, and 72 ounces of fluids. I tried some cream of chicken Soup, thinned with a scoop of unflavored unjury Protein powder and it tasted really good. The muscle pain is still present but tolerable. I am still taking a small amount of pain medicine at night to help me sleep well, but I may just try Ambien tonight instead. My wounds are healing but really itchy. That's been the hardest part for me so far. Anyone have any suggestions for how to deal with the itching?

Tjmom--if you read this let us know how you are doing. I think you had surgery the day before me with Dr, Billing. I hope you are doing well!

Me again.... Today is Monday so Day 5.... the sleeve is awesome ... yesterday was our 5 yr wedding anniversary and our 17 yr old cat had a stroke... So it was a bitter sweet day... But we made it through... We had to put her down as it affected her hind legs... RIP princess, we will love you forever..

Back to life:

getting in 60+ grams Protein for last 3 days... Water intake also going well...Vanilla Protein mixed in orange Crystal light... So very tasty ... Like a creamscycle...Sugar Free Jello and sugar free pudding thinned going down great... Also has strained cream of mushroom soup... Finding out that about 1/4 to 1/3 cup per meal fills me up...

Today a bit more tired than yesterday...but pain is almost nothing.... lol.... Yes, burping like a trucker, but even that is lessening ...

Have a great day everyone and talk to you all again soon...

xoxox Sandy

Great job, Sandy! We're practically mirroring each other.

You girls are doing great! I did good with Protein and fluids the first week (sleeved 4/23), but this second week has been a different story...I was still getting in my protein but fluids were a little rough... Puree phase starts tomorrow. will talk to NUT in the morning for instructions. Also was going to go back to work tomorrow, but taking more time because I have gotten soooo tired. Tomorrow's a new day :)

Okay Silver Sleevers - Ladies only please - In 2008 I had a procedure called a Endometrial Ablation. This is where they destroy the uterine lining. I was 46 at the time. I haven't had a period since. However, since the sleeve, I am having hot flashes like there's no tomorrow. I understand that I'm going through menopause, but good greif! Anyone here feel like giving me some input on what you did for this phase of your life? Could the surgery have caused my hormones to go into super-hyper drive? I sure as heck don't want to go on HRT. But I don't know if there's anything else that I can do naturally. BTW - No one in my family ever had to deal with hot flashes (or "power surges" as my DH calls them). Any suggestions, ideas, thoughts would be appreciated.

I would definitely say don't take HRT. It's not worth the risk. Estroven (over the counter) helped with my hot flashes. There's a ton of information out there and remedies. Just gotta try em and see what will work for you. I feel for you!

For hot flashes, I've had success with Evening Primrose Oil and I know others that have had really good results with Black Cohosh. Both are supplements. I think with Black Cohosh you cant take it for more than 6 months. If you know a good naturopath I would ask them about both supplements and you can also do some research on the Internet--try WebMD. On the sheets I received from my surgeon they say to use two forms of birth control for up to two years if you are peri-menopausal or haven't had any menopause symptoms at all. Apparently the surgery increases fertility--can you imagine? At 52 being pregnant. Thank goodness my husband was at the appt. where they talked about this!

OK ladies, after being in "menapause" over a year, 7 mos AFTER my VSG I had a period, I went to my PCP, and she assured me she thought it was just the rapid weight loss... BUT if I have another next month to come back to her and she will put me back on the pill, SHE did say she thinks it is just the rapid weight loss and all the changes that my body has gone through, so DO NOT be surprised if Mother Nature shows her head after you have lost alot of weight... She did say she did not really think I could get pregnant, BUT not saying I could not!!! WTF... not what I wanted to hear.... so be very careful... It is so good to hear of all your weight loss stories.... I am loving my sleeve.....

Oh yes'. 10 YEARS after a hysterectomy and 7 mis after VSG hot flashes hit!! Can't figure that one out since there are no organs in my body!!!! L

Well, thankfully my DH had a vasectomy back in 1999. Don't have to worry about that.