Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5 Month Sleeversary and 50 Lbs gone FOREVER!!!

Hello how is everyone today? Myself I’m doing a-ok!!!

I am 5 months post-op. I am posting this a day early because I have limited computer access at the time; I have to do this when I can!!! I’m so excited and didn’t want to miss this opportunity to express it. :)

5 months ago today I was revised from the Realize 10cc Band to the Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy by the good Dr. Aceves. I was 272 Lbs and miserable, unhappy and felt like a complete failure. I was hopeful though that I was going to undergo something that would reverse the state I was in at the time. No surprise here, but I was absolutely correct in my assumption of hope!!! My friends were so right in convincing me to quit the insanity and fix the problem.

The problem WAS NOT me, so I now know. I thought it was for a long time. It was my original choice in WLS. It was not my dedication and desire… no way! I’m NOT knocking the band for everyone; I’m knocking it for me alone. FOR ME the band was a mistake. I honestly don’t even think my Surgeon placed it correctly either, but that’s neither here nor there. I now have a surgeon that knows what the heck he’s doing and he made me one AWESOME sleeve!!! I LOVE MY SLEEVE!!! Thank you Dr. Aceves, YOU ROCK!!!!! I can’t wait until I can see him again, so he can see what he’s doing is worthwhile.

Today also marks ANOTHER big milestone as well. I’m officially 50 Lbs. less than I was on sleeve day! That makes me nearly 60 Lbs less than when I first started my Pre-Op Diet.

At my very highest, which would put me at about 330 Lbs and a BMI of 53.3, I was wearing sizes 28W/3-4X tops. On my Sleeve Surgery day, weight of 272, I was wearing 22W-24W and 2X tops and had a BMI of 43.9. TODAY I am weighing 221.8, and I’m wearing sizes 14-16MISSES and M-L tops. Not only that, I am very VERY close to moving my BMI from MORBIDLY OBESE to just OBESE!!! Whoohooooo!!!!

Here’s the best part about all of this though, I have so much energy now than I think I’ve ever had in my entire life!! I am currently training to run in my very first REAL 5K!!! I’m running in the Susan G Komen Race for the Cure on May 7th. I’m so pumped for this that even though I’m nursing a head cold right now, I’m still getting my butt up to do my training! It will be timed, and I’ll be very pleased to get under 45 Minutes. This is my first event, so I really don’t know if I have any better starting point. Just the FACT I'm DOING IT is thrilling enough!!!! From this point on in following 5K’s I will challenge my times. Doing a REAL running event has been my greatest desire since I learned how much I LOVE running!!!

So… if you are considering the sleeve… DO IT!! You have NOTHING to lose but all the weight and head games that go along with it. Yes, it IS only a tool, but it is a DANGED GOOD ONE!!! You CANNOT fail with it unless you blatantly go WAY out of your way to do it. Who would want to do that after going through such a major surgery? This is my second time around, so I know for sure I don’t want to.

Blessings to all!!!!

Here are my past and present photos:

330 Lbs, highest ever:

post-52522-13813667937591_thumb.jpg

300 Lbs:

post-62249-13813667938456_thumb.jpg

281 Lbs, just before Pre-Op Diet:

post-57564-13813667939431_thumb.jpg

253 Lbs, 1 Month Post Op:

post-29764-1381366794006_thumb.jpg

241 Lbs, 3 Months Post Op:

222 Lbs, 5 Months Post Op CURRENT:

post-51290-13813667940989_thumb.jpg post-51290-13813667941721_thumb.jpg post-51290-13813667942447_thumb.jpg post-51290-13813667943204_thumb.jpg

post-38-13813656274512_thumb.jpg

post-38-13813656274645_thumb.jpg

post-38-13813656274791_thumb.jpg

post-38-1381365627493_thumb.jpg

post-38-13813656275095_thumb.jpg

post-38-13813656275307_thumb.jpg

post-38-13813656275474_thumb.jpg

post-38-1381365627564_thumb.jpg

post-38-13813656275801_thumb.jpg

post-38-13813656275941_thumb.jpg

WOW!! All I can say is that you don't look ANYTHING like you did before-- I would NEVER have put the current you with the past you in a million gazillion years -- seriously!! BIGGEST HUGS EVER AND HUGE, HUGE CONGRATULATIONS!! So so so proud of you :)

You are doing so AWESOME! Keep up the great work and congrats on finding the love of running! I hear it is a love it or hate it thing, i'm glad you love it! good luck on your 5K you will be running marathons before you know it!!!

Wow :D :D :D Irene great job. You look like a totally different person.

Thank you for being a inspiration to so many peeps including myself.

WE LOVE OUR SLEEVE!!!!

Deb B)

You look great! You'll be down to goal in no time at all. You're doing such an awesome job!

You look great! I'm so happy for you! Look at that smile - that's not the face of a failure. That's a strong woman who, unfortunately had to take a different, windy road to get where she needed to be. Thanks for sharing your journey with us!

CONGRATULATIONS IRENE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are looking fabulous from all angles! ;)

And I am seriously thankful for bandsters who dared to share their stories, it is because of those brave souls that I became a virgin sleever...I too was headed down the band path and I'm so thankful that today I didn't have to endure what you did to get to where we are today. I'm positive that everything happens for a reason, and I know all the experiences you have had play a part in who you are today. Even though you had to go through a torture device to get where you are, I know you learned something about yourself along the way.

I'm so happy for you, keep rocking that sleeve!!!

Thanks all!!! You are all the BEST!!! Coming here every day has been a huge motivator for me, I couldn't have done it this far without you all. :)

CONGRATULATIONS IRENE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are looking fabulous from all angles! ;)

And I am seriously thankful for bandsters who dared to share their stories, it is because of those brave souls that I became a virgin sleever...I too was headed down the band path and I'm so thankful that today I didn't have to endure what you did to get to where we are today. I'm positive that everything happens for a reason, and I know all the experiences you have had play a part in who you are today. Even though you had to go through a torture device to get where you are, I know you learned something about yourself along the way.

I'm so happy for you, keep rocking that sleeve!!!

Thank you so much!! You ARE lucky you didn't have to go that route first. I didn't know about the sleeve until it was too late myself. I wish I'd had done much more research than I did. Once I got my mind set on the band, I didn't even consider looking around for anything else.

You are so right, I have learned a huge lesson in myself. I learned that no matter how low things may seem, I have to just keep looking up and KEEP WORKING IT!! I especially learned I'm a lot tougher chick than I ever thought imaginable!!!

B)

Congrats! I love having you on the board and you are doing fantastic!

Big smiles and love tou you, can I sponsor you?

Jane xx

Congrats! I love having you on the board and you are doing fantastic!

Thank you!!! :) Likewise!

Big smiles and love tou you, can I sponsor you?

Jane xx

Awww thank you so much! You're such an amazing inspiration here, so that means a GREAT DEAL! Yes, I would love to be sponsored by you. I have the link in my siggy line. Let me know if you have any problems getting there. :D

YOU GO GIRL

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!