Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm just 3 weeks postop, but here are mine:

1. I used to take one Micardis and two metaprolol every day for my BP, and my doctor was thinking of increasing them. Since surgery I have had 1/2 a metaprolol tablet--only TWICE! and my BP is normal.

2. I am losing slowly--but it doesn't freak me out, because I know it will come off.

3. I was miserable, now I feel good about myself.

4. I fixed myself two scrambled eggs the other day. They tasted great! but I had to feed one to the dog.

5. I find that my underwear is getting really loose on me and I don't have to lie down to pull up my jeans anymore.

6. I am getting excited about seeing people I haven't seen in a while. I want to see their reactions.

7. I have hope for the future now.

8. My fingernails are growing at twice their normal rate.

I have read several of these posts and the general consensis is NO eggs...I wonder why. I used to love eggs now they just make me sick.

I love eggs too -- so I think it's just a per person thing -- not across the board. ;)

I find it really interesting that people are cold all the time. I live in Texas, I am ALWAYS hot, I am ALWAYS sweating, I have to keep my hair very short because it is always wet from sweat. It should be interesting to se what happen after my surgery.

I find it really interesting that people are cold all the time. I live in Texas, I am ALWAYS hot, I am ALWAYS sweating, I have to keep my hair very short because it is always wet from sweat. It should be interesting to se what happen after my surgery.

I was right there with you--short hair and always hot. I had surgery on January 6 and it's like someone turned on the air conditioning-24/7. I'm freezing.

I really enjoyed these so I'm adding mine.

1. I freeze all the time,I am actually looking forward to summer in Texas. :)

2. My tastes have changed completely. I love vegetables now and was meat-potatoes girl before. I also eat eggs alot.

3. I have so much more energy.

4.I love clothes shopping but find myself still looking at the smaller clothes and thinking they won't fit...but they do :)

5.I love exercise now. hated it before

6.I still love to cook for my family but I prefer to eat healthy and will have to work on bringing them over to the lighter side

,7.Had hair, lost alot of hair but it's coming back and was so worth it.

8. I love going to places with my husband and not feeling self conscious about my weight.

9. I have already bought 3 swimsuits -just in the last month.lol

10. I love the feeling of self worth I have, of finally getting the weight off,being a success and kicking the fat to the curb especially after a lifelong struggle of diets.

12. I was a Dr. Pepper addict, can't stand the stuff now. Love my Water tho.

13. 5 lbs to go but not worried about it.

14. love bbq Pork rinds and almonds as Snacks,haven't had a hamburger in 10 months and don't want one!

Yah - I live in Arizona. I cannot even imagine being cold!

This is totally what I needed today. This is such a long process. In the beginning I was so excited and went at it full-speed ahead, but now I'm halfway through my 12-week class (which I hate, as it's nothing I didn't already know) and I not only lack motivation to try to get some pre-op weight off, but I'm also freaking out a little bit about the surgery itself. It's nice to focus on all the positive changes this will bring.

I have a lot and y'all know I'm long-winded so grab your favorite cup of "whatever" and enjoy. . .

1) I am the only person responsible for what I put in my mouth

2) I am the only one that will endure the consequence or victory from what I choose to put in my mouth

3) This constantly cold thing that everyone experiences isn't forever. My body temperature has regulated, and if it's 30 degrees outside, it's perfectly acceptable to be cold.

4) Skinny bitches eat Cookies too. I'm gonna have a cookie occasionally.

5) hair grows back. Not always the same texture, but it grows back. So freaking out over it, isn't going to do anything, but make you freak out. Embrace it and honestly I gave up back fat for a little temporary Hair loss, I think I'll deal with hair loss.

6) Follow the guidelines set forth by your medical professionals. It works. If something isn't working, tweak it to make it work. Your body is individual to you. Your needs might be different than mine. Respect your body because we didn't for years. Now, we've altered it, so treat it right, and it'll return the favor.

5) Weight loss surgery does NOT have to be a cookie cutter world.

6) Everyone has a bad day here and there. You have 2 choices: 1) wallow in the guilt/self-pity 2) Suck it up and move forward

7) Being skinny is not the only perk to losing weight, but sure makes life a hell of a lot easier.

8) Cherish every early out victory because once you're in maintenance, those little NSVs and SVs are non-existent and it's easy to take the little things for granted

9) Immediately after surgery, your weight is going to fluctuate, you are losing Water weight, if it's difficult to get in fluids, you will retain fluids, they pumped you full of iv fluids so don't freak out. It's not physically possible, nor is it logical to gain 5lbs of fat overnight. All you're doing is setting yourself up for disappointment and heartbreak, fears of failure are going to set in and you'll just sabotage your efforts.

10) LET YOUR BODY HEAL. . . Cheating is one thing, being irresponsible and reckless can result in complications. You can live on liquids for a couple of weeks. It sucks, NO DOUBT, but you will not wither away and die because you don't eat something crunchy for a couple of weeks.

11) Stop comparing yourself to every other sleeve patient. Refer to #6

12) You will hear many opinions throughout this journey. Remember opinions are like assholes and are pretty shitty. Stop allowing other people to dictate how you feel. No one can make you feel a certain way unless you allow it.

13) Pull up your big girl/boy panties/undies and stop making excuses as to why you can't take a high quality, adult Vitamin. Yes, some taste horrible, they are a pain in the ass to swallow, they might not be your favorite thing in the world, but your body needs them. Vitamin deficiencies suck. You can prevent it, you can make the choice.

14) Get your labs done regularly. Adjust your intake, vitamin/supplement regimen based on how your body is doing.

15) Loose, wrinkly, excess skin is fairly inevitable. Suck it up. I punished my skin for years being morbidly obese. Why should I expect miracles in the skin bouncing back department? ? ? Do I like that about me? Noper, not for one minute, but I'll take my wrinkly inner thighs, saggy skin bags I have boobs over being fat and miserable for the rest of my life.

16) If you do not change your relationship with food, don't think surgery will fix you. They operate on our stomachs, not our brains. You can still cheat, eat around the sleeve. I do it, and I know why I bounce around on the scale. Either I accept it, or I choose to follow the basic rules that proved to be so successful for me during my losing stage. I choose to live a life of moderation, and I wanted normalcy without hardcore dieting for the rest of my life. The trade-off I make is that I bounce on the scale up or down 5-7 pounds. I have a good relationship with food/drinks, and I reap the benefits of this life.

17) Every clothing store is different. Learn to love trying on clothes. For jeans, I wear size from 0's to 5's, for shirts I wear from a size XS to a Medium. Even being this size, I have to try everything on. The only thing that is guaranteed is leggings, and tights. Even panties are hit and miss because every cut is different.

18) Being skinny does not completely fix self-esteem or self-worth issues. If you don't think you are worthy of the best at a size 22, being a size 2 isn't going to change the way people treat you. I demanded to be treated with respect, and common courtesy at a size 22/24W, my core personality is the same.

19) If your marriage/relationship is rocky, or not solid, and you've allowed your spouse to treat you like crap for the last XX years, guess what? ? ? Being skinny is not going to magically make them treat you better. If anything, you'll realize that douchebaggy behavior is not acceptable anymore and you begin to resent them and start demanding better/more from them. However, their behavior isn't going to change just because you decide you deserve better. Again, it's a choice. You choose how people treat you. At the end of the day, you deserve nothing less than everything from your partner. If you aren't getting it at 250+lbs, being 125lbs isn't going to change it.

20) Therapy is a fabulous tool. If you have food demons/issues, recognize, address and conquer them. If you can not do it on your own, seek help. There is zero shame in asking for help.

21) Choose the path you want to take. If you fall off that path, pick yourself up, dust off, and move forward. I cut my own path, and while I have fallen off, I've never fallen far enough off that I couldn't find my way back. If you want to follow a similar path, do it, but don't expect to have the same identical results as anyone else. What worked for me, might not work for you.

22) Habits are just behaviors that we have established, and continue with over time. To rid myself of a bad habit, I had to replace it with a good (or better) habit. These habits are not permanent and engraved in stone. My habits, food triggers, and issues are just mine. We might share the common thread of surgery, and how I conquer my issues is what works for me. I can share what I did/do, but it might not work for you. Don't be disappointed, just find what works for you.

23) Exercise does NOT make me feel fabulous. It's a chore just like scrubbing a toilet. I wish this was different, but I hate it. I loved it early out, but now, I absolutely hate it. If you hate it too, find something you do like. I know that I need formal exercise of some sort. I choose to dance (Zumba, Hip Hop Abs, Just Dance2 for the Wii). I enjoy it, but still am not super excited to do it. I just know my heart, bone and lung health need it.

Finally! ! !

24) I will always be a fat girl on the inside. I still have cravings, and love food. I still never experience true hunger, but I still want food. There are good days, and not so great days. I take it one day, one meal at a time.

5 weeks post-op and I've lost 40Lbs!!! I LOVE my sleeve.

1) Being constipated all the time stinks. Milk of Magnesia Stinks no matter what flavor you buy.

2) I have to remember to eat slow and to not take big bites.

3) Before surgery y used to walk one block and my feet would go numb and my knees would hurt, now I walk 2 to 3 miles a day with NO pain. Unbeleivable.

4) Feeling so good and not having any pain makes me feel just like the Ever Ready Bunny.

But the best feeling is realizing that when I was big I felt invisible, now that I am smaller I feel invincible.

This was fun to read and to think about.

I'm only 3 1/2 weeks out - but here goes my 7 truths, so far:

1. I, too, am much colder now! I used to sleep with my electric blanket on 2 or 3, but now it's on High every night!

2. I had an aversion to eggs before surgery, could only eat them once in a blue moon, but now, I love them!!! Smell good & tastes good. (Of course I'm the opposite of most people on this one. haha!)

3. I feel like I have tons of energy or I crash and burn. No in between! Still taking a daily noontime nap, which has to stop next week when I go back to work :(

4. I thought I'd have a real problem cooking and planning meals for my family, but I actually enjoy it. I have no desire to pick at it while it's cooking ,either. (Of course I'm not on unrestricted foods yet, either.)

5. It takes me as long to eat my little 1/2 cup of mashed potatoes as it does for the rest of the family to eat their full plate of dinner - and I'm full AND satisfied!!!!!

6. I'm just not hungry. I may feel empty but I never get that ready to eat everything in sight feeling.

7. Cheez-it's still go in way to easily and I must stop buying them!!!!

I'm sure I'll think I lots more as time goes on...

Ok, here we go!

Post op 3 weeks and 3 days.

1. I am freezing!!! Wearing sock, pjs, long johns!!!

2. Dont like the puree stage!

3. I get in 70-90-grams of protien, so I hopefully don't loose any hair.

4. My weight was the same at week 2 and 3, which is a bummer!

5. Excited about the future!

6. Will not buy new clothes, until all mine fall off!

7. Love Water but hard to get in 8 glasses, so I settle for 6 or 7 most days.

8. Havent tried anything sweet, scared to!

9. Sex, I wanna go hard again. LOL!

10. Thanks God I am not hungry!!!

Love this post!

23 Days Post Op

1. I still feel hungry. Almost all the time. Yes, I take my Nexium every single morning. I had this sort of discomfort feeling (not like growling or anything) all the time before surgery and it's what made me graze so much because the only time it feels better is when I eat. I don't have any ulcers or hernias or anything so I'm not sure what is causing it.... I hate it. I even had a complete gastro work up last July and he didn't really find anything wrong other than signs of acid reflux (which I have not experienced since surgery).

2. I feel like I'm eating more than what most here say they can eat.

3. I used to LOVE Water and drink about 80 oz a day (it was the only thing I drank). Now I'm having a REALLY hard time getting 60. For some reason, it causes discomfort whether it's cold or room temp (I hate it warm). However, shakes do not cause this discomfort.... Weird.

4. I'm also cold all the time which is sooooo weird for me! Also, I need to start working on my tan because my skin is more transparent and you can see what looks like honeycomb veins. (maybe not veins). Could be some Vitamin deficiency I suppose.... GOOGLE, here I come!

5. I'm having a hard time with mushies because refried Beans and such have so many carbs. The first two days I spent most of the day in bed with absolutely no energy. That food seems to suck the energy right out of me but my surgeon does not allow meats on the mushy stage :( I'm thinking that it must have been a blood sugar issue and I'm just not even sure what to eat anymore... It seems impossible to get your Protein from mushy foods that don't include meat!

6. I'm feeling good for the most part. No pain, no vomiting, very few digestive issues, and my clothes aren't so tight and that is a WONDERFUL feeling.

7. I lost a lot of weight the first two weeks and then stalled. It's picking up again and it seems like the carb fest (start of mushies) got the scale moving again. But then again, it could have been the extra calories.

8. I'm very afraid of having to have my gall bladder removed. I'm getting pains and had an ultrasound and I don't have stones but my doctor said that other things can go wrong with the gall bladder to raise your liver enzymes. I did some research on the med that prevents gall stones but it isn't good for your liver and I'm more worried about that than I am the gall bladder.

9. I still eat too fast and need to follow some others and just put the fork down and time the next bite. I now know what the 'foamies' are.... I was thoroughly confused by that term but now I know exactly what it is and I have to admit that I was laughing the first time I got them because it was such a weird feeling!! (I've only had them a few times and I'm sure it's because I'm eating too fast.)

10. I dream of reaching onederland and can't wait! I would really like to be at goal before my birthday in July but I'm not sure if that is a realistic goal and I'm not sure if I can be that disciplined because I'm hungry all the time.... I need to figure out a way to work this sleeve better!!