Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I love this post!

1. I love putting on clothes that were busting and now they're loose. I wonder how sausage-like I was.

2. I'm a bit more moody....not sure why.

3. I don't miss waking up and my feet feeling swollen and sore and having trouble going up or down the stairs.

4. my skin is glowing again

5. I don't have any food aversions except for fake sweeteners

6. I crave liquid. My urine isn't concentrated but when I eat i want liquid. I've found that it works for me to do both. otherwise I have pain eating.

7. hunger feels like a burning in my stomach. I wish I could get enough in to do just 3 times but the amount I eat is so little it takes little meals.

8. My husband is all kisses and hugs...he was before but it's increased.

I find it really interesting that people are cold all the time. I live in Texas, I am ALWAYS hot, I am ALWAYS sweating, I have to keep my hair very short because it is always wet from sweat. It should be interesting to see what happen after my surgery.

I found that very interesting as well. I too am in Texas and am ALWAYS hot and sweaty! It just makes me a sore tailed cat! I hope surgery effects me like most of the above posts. Lol

Protein hints!! Cottage cheese, the Breakfast of champions; tuna, add a couple of TB to a can; baked Cod or Haddock; baked pork tenderloin - all high in protein!!!

Love this post!

23 Days Post Op

1. I still feel hungry. Almost all the time. Yes, I take my Nexium every single morning. I had this sort of discomfort feeling (not like growling or anything) all the time before surgery and it's what made me graze so much because the only time it feels better is when I eat. I don't have any ulcers or hernias or anything so I'm not sure what is causing it.... I hate it. I even had a complete gastro work up last July and he didn't really find anything wrong other than signs of acid reflux (which I have not experienced since surgery).

2. I feel like I'm eating more than what most here say they can eat.

3. I used to LOVE Water and drink about 80 oz a day (it was the only thing I drank). Now I'm having a REALLY hard time getting 60. For some reason, it causes discomfort whether it's cold or room temp (I hate it warm). However, shakes do not cause this discomfort.... Weird.

4. I'm also cold all the time which is sooooo weird for me! Also, I need to start working on my tan because my skin is more transparent and you can see what looks like honeycomb veins. (maybe not veins). Could be some Vitamin deficiency I suppose.... GOOGLE, here I come!

5. I'm having a hard time with mushies because refried Beans and such have so many carbs. The first two days I spent most of the day in bed with absolutely no energy. That food seems to suck the energy right out of me but my surgeon does not allow meats on the mushy stage :( I'm thinking that it must have been a blood sugar issue and I'm just not even sure what to eat anymore... It seems impossible to get your Protein from mushy foods that don't include meat!

6. I'm feeling good for the most part. No pain, no vomiting, very few digestive issues, and my clothes aren't so tight and that is a WONDERFUL feeling.

7. I lost a lot of weight the first two weeks and then stalled. It's picking up again and it seems like the carb fest (start of mushies) got the scale moving again. But then again, it could have been the extra calories.

8. I'm very afraid of having to have my gall bladder removed. I'm getting pains and had an ultrasound and I don't have stones but my doctor said that other things can go wrong with the gall bladder to raise your liver enzymes. I did some research on the med that prevents gall stones but it isn't good for your liver and I'm more worried about that than I am the gall bladder.

9. I still eat too fast and need to follow some others and just put the fork down and time the next bite. I now know what the 'foamies' are.... I was thoroughly confused by that term but now I know exactly what it is and I have to admit that I was laughing the first time I got them because it was such a weird feeling!! (I've only had them a few times and I'm sure it's because I'm eating too fast.)

10. I dream of reaching onederland and can't wait! I would really like to be at goal before my birthday in July but I'm not sure if that is a realistic goal and I'm not sure if I can be that disciplined because I'm hungry all the time.... I need to figure out a way to work this sleeve better!!

Thanks! But I'm still on mushies and my surgeon said no meats so I still have 4 or 5 days before I can start adding it in. I'm eating tons of cottage cheese though but it seems like one of the things I can eat too much.... :(

Protein hints!! Cottage cheese, the Breakfast of champions; tuna, add a couple of TB to a can; baked Cod or Haddock; baked pork tenderloin - all high in protein!!!

This morning, as I was reading different forum posts I was going: "That's me! Haha, that's so me!" Basically I was relating to what other post-opers were saying in regards to changes after surgery whatever they may be. I could not think of ten but I came up with seven, these are the things I have noticed the most so far in this journey, I would love to hear yours whatever they may be and how many!

ranger.gifHere are BZ's *7*:

1)noidea.gifI have never been colder in my entire life, I used to despise socks, now I cannot live without them because my feet are always cold(yes I have the heater on and a blanket at night). One night I had to check my temp to see if I was still alive!

2)amen.gifMy period has regulated from what I can tell so far which is a God sent!

3)amen.gifI am not 100% not hungry, my hunger now if I don't eat for a long time is different it kind of has a voice that says:"Hey can you put something in there I need something to work with". That something is usually <3oz! That's opposed to the "let's attack the fridge and pantry" voice.

4)amen.gifSugar tastes completely different, I had a sip of a sprite yesterday and it tasted like medicine! It tasted worse than my grape Isopure...and that's hard to beat.

5)embaressed_smile.gifI have loved eggs all my life but the smell of them after they are cooked post-op gets me a little nauseous.

6)lightbulb.gifI have energy spurts and crashes, like I am either looking like I am on something or ready for a nap...this comes and goes throughout the day.

7)rolleyes.gifI really cannot stand my Calcium citrate wafers I feel like I am eating classroom chalk like the lady who was that strange addictions show.

Welllllll...after reading so many more things popped up!

8) frusty.gifWithout all the fat serving as road block sex is even more amazing!

9)According to my husband I used to snore(I still don't believe it-lol) but according to him I don't anymore!

10)Like Diva I used to not like peanuts and I love them now specialty the salted kind, great to carry in your purse in case of emergencies.

11)I am not hiding in pictures anymore in fact I am trying to be the focal point!!!!biggrin.gifLOL

12)Tsleeve has calmed me in that I think my diet is so healthy now that my neurotransmitters are firing at the right rate!

he

ditto on numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, 8, & 9

5 weeks post-op and I've lost 40Lbs!!! I LOVE my sleeve.

1) Being constipated all the time stinks. Milk of Magnesia Stinks no matter what flavor you buy.

2) I have to remember to eat slow and to not take big bites.

3) Before surgery y used to walk one block and my feet would go numb and my knees would hurt, now I walk 2 to 3 miles a day with NO pain. Unbeleivable.

4) Feeling so good and not having any pain makes me feel just like the Ever Ready Bunny.

But the best feeling is realizing that when I was big I felt invisible, now that I am smaller I feel invincible.

Hi Ms E.- re: #1, yes MofM is sooo gross! I've found that adding a scoop of Miralax (which is odorless and flavorless) to one drink a day, as well as taking Fiber gummies (Vitafusion brand is delish!) has regulated me quite nicely!