Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Revision is one of the best things I've ever done for myself.

Great job on reaching this important goal!!! I know you'll also reach all your others too - you're doing great so far!

@ Chicadee, thank you so much :) I am even more happy today than I was when I posted this. I'm now almost 3 Lbs below my lowest band weight and I'm entering into my best 2 weeks of weight loss (historically speaking) that I usually have. Yay!!!

@ Becca, that is so true!! I do thank so many here for keeping me on track. We have a really great group here and we not always agree (generally speaking, not you and I) our sleeves will always bind us!! Cheers!!

@TexasT - Thank you so much!! It's such hard work, but no lie it's a LOT easier with the sleeve... ;-)

Diva,

Wow! That's great!

You are an inspiration to those of us searching for another way after the band.

Thanks and congratulations on your success!!

genepha

Lapband replaced, plication complete 2-7-11

Congratulations Diva!!

I am so happy for you. No one understands what the band does both mentally and physically to a person!!

I am also creeping up to my lowest band weight.....only 7 pounds to go. My doctor said he won't consider my surgery a "success" until I am lower than my lowest band weight. You are certainly right about the first month but the feeling of being lighter, healther, and dare I say......sexier .....LOL is sure worth it. I make sure I visit this site every day to keep my eyes on the prize.

I am a recovering sweet addict. I know that I can't have them just like an alcoholic can't have a drink. I savor my sugar free fudge pop each night and I am fine with that!!!

I know you will continue to reach your goals...Keep up the great work!

Nina :D

Diva,

Wow! That's great!

You are an inspiration to those of us searching for another way after the band.

Thanks and congratulations on your success!!

genepha

Lapband replaced, plication complete 2-7-11

Hi gen!! Congrats to you on your surgery! Thanks so much, you are very sweet. :)

Congratulations Diva!!

I am so happy for you. No one understands what the band does both mentally and physically to a person!!

I am also creeping up to my lowest band weight.....only 7 pounds to go. My doctor said he won't consider my surgery a "success" until I am lower than my lowest band weight. You are certainly right about the first month but the feeling of being lighter, healther, and dare I say......sexier .....LOL is sure worth it. I make sure I visit this site every day to keep my eyes on the prize.

I am a recovering sweet addict. I know that I can't have them just like an alcoholic can't have a drink. I savor my sugar free fudge pop each night and I am fine with that!!!

I know you will continue to reach your goals...Keep up the great work!

Nina :D

Hello there Nina!

It's so true, the band had me feeling like I was a complete failure. It had me wondering, well, if I couldn't succeed with it - what made me think I could succeed with the sleeve? Well thank goodness there are such wonderful folks around here who helped me to see that the sleeve really runs circles around the band. Every single month I am just melting melting melting away as long as I'm sticking to the guidelines. Maybe not as fast as others, but I'm very content with my rate of loss. It's not incredibly slow either as was with my band!!! TG!!!

All the best to you on your new journey. It already sounds like you are rocking it girlie!!! :)

Diva,

looks like I can only echo what everyone else has said!! What an amazing feeling that must be... So pleased, happy and proud of you! You are such a fab sleeve buddy... your other goals are sooooo close now and they will all be just as sweet! x

I just saw this Diva, How exciting for you! We are almost at the same place right now, and our goals are close too.. Good luck to us both!

Diva,

looks like I can only echo what everyone else has said!! What an amazing feeling that must be... So pleased, happy and proud of you! You are such a fab sleeve buddy... your other goals are sooooo close now and they will all be just as sweet! x

Hey coops, you're a fab sleeve buddy too!! :) It's been such a pleasure getting to know you and everyone here. You all keep me motivated!!! That's right about the goals - I'm 67 Lbs to my finish line!!

I just saw this Diva, How exciting for you! We are almost at the same place right now, and our goals are close too.. Good luck to us both!

That's so cool! I always liked watching the progress of others that match my stats. Once I get to 154 I'll see if I want to keep losing or maybe just hover around there. I really do like being a little on the heavier side. I don't think it looks bad on me. We'll see!!

I didn't have time to post this yesterday, so here I am the very next day. Yesterday, I passed one of my most coveted goals I'd set for myself. Today I FINALLY weigh less than I ever did with my Lap Band. I guess I wanted to weigh this morning and see if it wasn't a fluke. Well guess what, it wasn't a fluke!!! My lowest weight ever with my band was 227. Today I weigh 226!!! :D:D:D I blew right past my goal!!!

And ohhhh how I struggled with my Lap Band! I was starting to think maybe it *was* me. Why was it so hard, I would always think... Why wasn't I losing weight? WHY WAS I GAINING WEIGHT??? Why did I find myself back up to my starting weight?? It was such a miserable time. Don't even think for a second that the Lap Band really had anything to do with the weight I did lose with it. I struggled through terrible hunger, working out like crazy (which I still do but only because I really really do love it) and all sorts of awful things like chucking up my food, sliming, yucking - awful pain from the very first bite no matter how small, terrible port pain that became a daily thing with me... and the list goes on. I think after awhile I started to give up and started eating a lot of slider foods. Yes this is very bad. However, I guess it came down to eating what hurt with every bite, and what didn't. I won't go into details because I don't want to give away any cheat secrets to anyone banded. I then became addicted to sugar - which I never ever was pre-band. It was pretty much a crash and burn from that moment on.

My problem was and always has been eating way too much of anything and everything - healthy and not healthy. I knew what I needed to eat to lose for I'd been doing this "diet" thing my whole life. I figured the band would be a good option, because the RNY would be better suited for those with sugar addiction, which I did not have. It was simple, eat less of healthy food, never be hungry and life would be awesome because I'd get skinny... right? Ha!!

The only pounds I give credit to losing with the band is the weight I lost during my post op diet when all I could have were liquids. That was one of the worst 2 weeks of my life. I was starving my @$$ off, and all I could do was lay around and cry and wait until I could eat solid food again - praying it wouldn't be this bad!!! Little did I know that would be life from then on. Why didn't I revise sooner? Things just didn't work out that way and I didn't even find out about the sleeve until a lot of my friends at LBT started revising and Alex created this very website. I would come here from time to time, read around and just wish... oh wish that someday I'd get up the nerve to do something that I felt in my heart was far greater than what I had done. Feeling miserable and like a total failure because my band was offering me absolutely nothing that was promised to me. I just couldn't understand why I wasn't getting any benefits of it, but was sure suffering big time with all the side effects that the lap band gave.

It just didn't work out between us, and like any bad relationship, I had to let go and move on to something better.

Since I've been sleeved, it has been almost disgustingly easy. The first month was tough, don't get me wrong - especially the first few days. While I was vomitting my guts up in the hospital I did ask myself what had I done?? Why did I need to cut my stomach off just to get right with food?? I wasn't happy in those first few moments - but if at that moment I could reach into the future and see me where I am today and how I feel... I NEVER would have second guessed my decision.

Today I am happier than I ever have been in my entire life. I have control over the one thing that has always had control of me since I can remember remembering. That is food. It does still win out sometimes, but believe me - not even a percentage of the way it used to run my life before!!!

So from here it's all new terrain. All my goals from here will be feelings I haven't felt before or since I was so young I just don't even remember nor did I care where I was. I had some really bad habits when I was a young teenager to stay thin, and I thank the sleeve that I never have to feel like that is my only option anymore. I can do this in a healthy way, in a sane and safe manner and be what I've always wanted to be. Thin, healthy and ready to take on all the things that I've always dreamed of.

If you are currently banded and you have been reading this website wondering if there is something better out there. There is. I did it, and I would NEVER go back. The best thing ever. :)

Cheers!!!

Wow, Little Miss Diva. This post of yours really spoke to me. I could have written most of it. Hunger has always been my biggest problem and when I was young and thin I used to eat a lot to feel satisfed but I didn't gain weight and I didn't think about food. Hungry? Eat until not hungry then don't think about food.

But that all changed as I started to put on a few pounds. Went to my first WW meeting weighing 136 pounds at 5'6". And when I started dieting I put on over 120 lbs the next 30 years.

I am currently banded and it has never worked for me. I have been banded for 2 1/2 years. I have a 4cc band. At no fill level from zero to 3cc did it ever stop me from being hungry. At 3cc's I had pain, pressure, reflux and heartburn and my former surgeon blamed me. But an upper GI showed I was too tight. I got all my information and went for a second opinion to my current doctor who told me I had a 4cc band (my former surgeon told me it was a 10cc).

Like you, any weight I lost was through the 6 month pre-op and the 2 week liquid only diet both pre and post op. I was starving. All of this resulted in a loss of 60 lbs. and I only lost 15 pounds since then. So, 75 lbs and most of it was from starving and willpower. I exercise every day and eat healthy but I am always hungry. I am totally unfilled now due to a very bad stuck episode a year ago that resulted in a trip to the ER and overnight stay. It hurt so bad I couldn't speak and felt like I was shot.

I am 60 years old and I think I am too old to get a revision but when I read the experience of those who went from band to sleeve it sounds like everything I thought the band would be but isn't. I thought it would control my hunger and I could just eat small quantities of healthy food and exercise and I would lose weight and not have to think about food all the time and struggle.

I fear putting on weight and am so tired of being hungry. I don't know what to do since insurance doesn't pay for the sleeve and I can't afford it as of yet. I don't think they'd do it on someone my age, anyway. Would they?

I am getting criticized and insulted on LBT because I don't like it when people post harsh comments to struggling posters. Or tell them that they failed the band not the other way around. Or tell the truth about my band experience. Did you get that?

I'm not sure what to do at this point. Any suggestions?

Way to go Irene! :D

I knew you would love the sleeve. I got my band out as fast as I could as soon as I found out about the sleeve. I want to go into that band chat room every night and tell anyone who has not had their band surgery yet to read about band to sleeve revisions. We can't all be crazy!

I can't wait to Celebrate all your other goals with you. i am so glad you are over here now and not over THERE!

@ Jennet, HELLO!! I always love to talk to revisioners because we can all truly understand each other. The truth is no, I didn't really get a lot of negativity from LBT - however I was treated very harshly at OH. To this day I don't really spend any time over there at all. They were so rude and demeaning, however this is how I see it. No one likes to feel like they went to all the trouble with surgery just to find out that the chances of them needing a revision down the line is extremely high. For that would mean they made a wrong choice... who ever wants to admit that? It took me a few years to finally admit that *I* had made the wrong choice. It wasn't a good feeling. :angry:

To date my feelings are exactly the same, I am totally head over heels for my sleeve! I have been stalled for a few weeks but to be honest I've not been giving it my all either. I've been doing good but not as good as I could do. I think I crashed from a few months of going insane with my routines, however I'm now slowly getting back in to them. So I anticipate things will start moving on the scale again soon.

I have decided to make a conscious effort to not abuse myself anymore, for that is how I got to over 300 Lbs!! I know as long as I'm doing the right things the weight will come off. It still is, for I know my face right now is thinning even more and my clothes are fitting looser again. Just need for it to show up on the scale. :)

I also need to find a better balance on all aspects of my life too, and that has been a challenge for me so far. I'll get it down eventually...

Good luck to you! You will love your sleeve NO DOUBT!!

@ Daisy, I would like to personally thank you DAILY for your guidance. You were what finally got me to take that final step to have my band removed and get something that actually is helping me! I will always appreciate your help. :)

Believe me, I am MORE than glad I'm over here!

What a great thread glad I had the opportunity to read it, goals are great to have and each one we hit makes us stronger so happy for you and all your success with the sleeve.

@ Jennet, HELLO!! I always love to talk to revisioners because we can all truly understand each other. The truth is no, I didn't really get a lot of negativity from LBT - however I was treated very harshly at OH. To this day I don't really spend any time over there at all. They were so rude and demeaning, however this is how I see it. No one likes to feel like they went to all the trouble with surgery just to find out that the chances of them needing a revision down the line is extremely high. For that would mean they made a wrong choice... who ever wants to admit that? It took me a few years to finally admit that *I* had made the wrong choice. It wasn't a good feeling. :angry:

To date my feelings are exactly the same, I am totally head over heels for my sleeve! I have been stalled for a few weeks but to be honest I've not been giving it my all either. I've been doing good but not as good as I could do. I think I crashed from a few months of going insane with my routines, however I'm now slowly getting back in to them. So I anticipate things will start moving on the scale again soon.

I have decided to make a conscious effort to not abuse myself anymore, for that is how I got to over 300 Lbs!! I know as long as I'm doing the right things the weight will come off. It still is, for I know my face right now is thinning even more and my clothes are fitting looser again. Just need for it to show up on the scale. :)

I also need to find a better balance on all aspects of my life too, and that has been a challenge for me so far. I'll get it down eventually...

Good luck to you! You will love your sleeve NO DOUBT!!

@ Daisy, I would like to personally thank you DAILY for your guidance. You were what finally got me to take that final step to have my band removed and get something that actually is helping me! I will always appreciate your help. :)

Believe me, I am MORE than glad I'm over here!

Thanks, LilMissDiva, for your reply. I haven't gotten the sleeve yet and am only just starting my investigation of it. The more I investigate, the more questions I have.

When I got the band all I wanted it to do was to control my hunger. And I would do the rest. I am a fairly complient patient. I follow the rules. So I eat healthy, exercise, chew, etc.. but the band has never controlled my hunger.

I have seen some posts from those who got the sleeve and were disappointed that it didn't control their hunger. As I found with the band, there are no guarantees how a WLS will work and I would hate to self-pay for the sleeve only to find out that it doesn't control my hunger either. But I do think my problem has always been the hunger hormones as I can feel my bottom stomach almost asking for food to fill it. I guess I'm thinking that if I got rid of most of it it would control that.

There are those on LBT that keep posting that the band (pouch) works by putting pressure on the vagus nerve making your body think you're full - at that it doesn't work by restriction and that the food doesn't actually stay in the pouch that long. I don't think it ever worked like that for me - so either my vagus nerve isn't where it's supposed to be or that whole theory is a crock. Because I have seen a video from a bariatric doctor who says the opposite - that the band increases grehlin and hunger. So, who knows?

At this point in time I am not looking to lose more weight. I just want to not be hungry all the time and I want to not gain weight. I have a lot to think over and some decisions to make. Thanks for you reply.

Good luck to you.

Thanks, LilMissDiva, for your reply. I haven't gotten the sleeve yet and am only just starting my investigation of it. The more I investigate, the more questions I have.

When I got the band all I wanted it to do was to control my hunger. And I would do the rest. I am a fairly complient patient. I follow the rules. So I eat healthy, exercise, chew, etc.. but the band has never controlled my hunger.

I have seen some posts from those who got the sleeve and were disappointed that it didn't control their hunger. As I found with the band, there are no guarantees how a WLS will work and I would hate to self-pay for the sleeve only to find out that it doesn't control my hunger either. But I do think my problem has always been the hunger hormones as I can feel my bottom stomach almost asking for food to fill it. I guess I'm thinking that if I got rid of most of it it would control that.

There are those on LBT that keep posting that the band (pouch) works by putting pressure on the vagus nerve making your body think you're full - at that it doesn't work by restriction and that the food doesn't actually stay in the pouch that long. I don't think it ever worked like that for me - so either my vagus nerve isn't where it's supposed to be or that whole theory is a crock. Because I have seen a video from a bariatric doctor who says the opposite - that the band increases grehlin and hunger. So, who knows?

At this point in time I am not looking to lose more weight. I just want to not be hungry all the time and I want to not gain weight. I have a lot to think over and some decisions to make. Thanks for you reply.

Good luck to you.

Anytime :)

All that you described to me here is how I felt with my band too. No amount of fill stopped it and then too little and I could eat enormous amounts of food. Hmmmpphh!! Some would say, well don't eat that much - but when you're physically starving for food, my instinct is to eat... so... The sleeve has saved me from this and I no longer feel hunger. Not completely 100% gone, but I notice it's mostly due by what I ate at my last meal, and the Omeprazole (Prilosec) helps a great deal.

Who knows if this will be the case for you however? Everyone is different and that is probably the biggest lesson I learned as a bandster.

Good luck to you as well. Read up here and ask all the questions you can think of. We are very tolerant here and mostly because many of us are revisions too. Hugs!!

Hello old friend...I'm so happy and proud of you! You finally found what you were looking for and success. I'm too looking at revision - the band hasn't worked for me either. I'm back up to my heaviest weight and have strugged a lot in the past two years (first year with the band were great). I'm scared of the change but am researching and trying to make the best decision for me. My biggest worry is if I will screw this up too...