Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have been researching WLS in Mexico and would like some updated information on Dr. Guillermo Alvarez. Everything I've found on this website seems to be a little dated. My second choice would be Dr. Aceves and there seems to a lot of info here on him.

Thanks in advance for your help.

I have only heard good things about Dr. Alvarez (well, one person wasn't happy, but based on posts I took it with a grain of salt). I was deciding between Dr. Alvarez and Dr. Aceves myself. Both seem to be loved by their patients and have good outcomes. I'm a bit of a lightweight and would have had to gain some weight to be a candidate with Dr. Alvarez, so I have a date with Dr. Aceves in 3 weeks. Good luck with your journey.

I have been researching WLS in Mexico and would like some updated information on Dr. Guillermo Alvarez. Everything I've found on this website seems to be a little dated. My second choice would be Dr. Aceves and there seems to a lot of info here on him.

Dr Alvarez was my surgeon and he was wonderful as was all of his staff. I would gladly do it again in a heartbeat. I am a physician assistant and I did alot of research. His experience and training could not be beat. I'm happy to discuss my experience with you further. You can pm me or email me at celiatoon@gmail.com

Dr Alvarez was my surgeon and he was wonderful as was all of his staff. I would gladly do it again in a heartbeat. I am a physician assistant and I did alot of research. His experience and training could not be beat. I'm happy to discuss my experience with you further. You can pm me or email me at celiatoon@gmail.com

how was your experience crossing the border? how long ago did you have your surgery? Was this a clinic or an hospital you had your surgery at? thanks Joe

The border crossing was extremely easy. They did search the van on the way back but we got to wait inside in the air conditioning. We were picked up at the airport in San antonio and spent the night in Eagle Pass before crossing the next day. I had my surgery on 7-31-10. The surgery was done at a hospital that was equipped with an ICU. I personally would not consider having my surgery in a clinic.

I went to Dr. Alvarez, I LOVE HIM!!!! He is so nice, professional,and sincerely cares about each of his patients. He has a great relationship with all of his staff and the Hospital staff too. I have had many surgeries in my life, and have never had a surgeon or any doctor in the USA treat me with as much love and compassion.

The hospital looks a little bit like something out of World war II era, but is pretty neat in itself.

I was more afraid of crossing the boarder into Mexico, with everything going on with the Drug Cartels, but it was barely noticeable, (the change across the boarder). And I gained a new outlook and appreciation for Mexico, I think we in the U.S tend to look at Mexico as we would one State or City here in the U.S, It would be like people from other countries looking at us here in the U.S and seeing only the worst like East St. Louis, Missouri or Compton, California, and judging the whole country's violence and safety based on that one area.

I would not hesitate to send anyone I love over to Mexico. Doctor Alvarez, and his staff; Christina and Jessica are fantastic, also the hospital nurses, they don't speak English, but Christina and Jessica speak both English and Spanish and are very good to translate to the nurses.

So glad to hear all the wonderful comments about Dr. Alvarez. I am planing on having my surgery in August 2011 and am encouraged by all the positive comments,also new to this site and not 100% sure how to navigate the site.

thanks

Genny from Montreal Canada

I'm going to be having surgery with Dr Alvarez on the 27th. He has a TON of information on Youtube that I recommend taking a look at. I've had several question answered by him and Susan (His Assistant).

Hi my name is Genny. Dr.Alvarez was my surgeon and it will be 7 months on the 15th of April.i had a wonderful experience and would highly recommend him! the staff was great! from Susan to Jessica the whole team was so proffesional and kind! I have lost 81lbs and feel great! hope this helps,best wishes!

So happy to hear from you and your success with Dr. Alvarez. Not many people on this forum that have used him that I can find but yes many on utube. Thanks again!

I'm going to be having surgery with Dr Alvarez on the 27th. He has a TON of information on Youtube that I recommend taking a look at. I've had several question answered by him and Susan (His Assistant).

I will see you then in the hospital. I have watched many on utube, good information. Thanks!

Hi my name is Genny. Dr.Alvarez was my surgeon and it will be 7 months on the 15th of April.i had a wonderful experience and would highly recommend him! the staff was great! from Susan to Jessica the whole team was so proffesional and kind! I have lost 81lbs and feel great! hope this helps' date='best wishes![/quote']

Awesome job, thanks so your information. Question, can I buy nexium Mups or anything else i need from the pharmacy in the hospital?

Hi my name is Genny. Dr.Alvarez was my surgeon and it will be 7 months on the 15th of April.i had a wonderful experience and would highly recommend him! the staff was great! from Susan to Jessica the whole team was so proffesional and kind! I have lost 81lbs and feel great! hope this helps' date='best wishes![/quote']

Awesome job, thanks so your information. Question, can I buy nexium Mups or anything else i need from the pharmacy in the hospital?

I have chosen dr. Alvarez to be my surgeon. I will be sleeved on August 2. 2012. I am thrilled to have found him!