Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

African American Sleevers

It's not so much junk I want to eat. I want to eat normal and I can't. My new normal is a fork full and that's it. But yet all day not really eating and the scale doesn't move. It hasn't moved since oct 12. That's insane. And as for a buddy yes I have this site but actually having an audience reading how you feel everyday can be a bit much. Plus no one wants to read how your struggling day to day that's negative energy I don't want to put out. I need a more personal buddy. Somebody I can vent to and hear and that understands. Someone that have the sleeve. And Being that I haven't told my friends it's really hard not talking about it. This process is so not easy. It takes more work than anything. Oh I'm just 25 days out

It's not so much junk I want to eat. I want to eat normal and I can't. My new normal is a fork full and that's it. But yet all day not really eating and the scale doesn't move. It hasn't moved since oct 12. That's insane. And as for a buddy yes I have this site but actually having an audience reading how you feel everyday can be a bit much. Plus no one wants to read how your struggling day to day that's negative energy I don't want to put out. I need a more personal buddy. Somebody I can vent to and hear and that understands. Someone that have the sleeve. And Being that I haven't told my friends it's really hard not talking about it. This process is so not easy. It takes more work than anything. Oh I'm just 25 days out

Mochax finding a buddy is essential. It may be time to tell someone even if they haven't been sleeved just so you have a source of support outside of the forum. With that said....be as negative as you need to be so you can purge it! I'm 5 mo out and I did nothing but complain for 2 months. Now--63lbs later and healthier than I've ever been I don't regret any part of my process. You will get there...I promise. Stick to the plan

..complain...pray...stick to the plan...complain some more and pray more! You will see in time that this was a great thing. No testimony without a test!

I think you're fine. These feelings are quite normal right out of the gate. Not even a month out.. it gets much better. Capacity will grow and you will be able to eat more than a spoonful of food at a time. Your hormones will also even out and you won't feel so emotional about the process. It does take time to acclimate yourself to this new lifestyle but if you're not trying to shove down junk and throwing it back up, you're doing well!

This entire site is about weight loss surgery. This forum is about the sleeve surgery. Talking about your experience isn't putting negative energy out there, it's commiserating with those who know where you are because we have been there.

Does your surgeon have a support group, or is there one nearby that you could visit?

I agree support groups are awesome. Some people need more than others. I didn't tell a lot of people, so support will be essential for me

I think you have just been faced with sleeved life. But, it doesn't have to be lonely. Do you have any close friends or family that might understand?

I think you have just been faced with sleeved life. But, it doesn't have to be lonely. Do you have any close friends or family that might understand?

I have my sister but any time I talk about it to her she changes the subject like she doesn't want to hear it. She was my only person. My dr office has support groups but I work so I can't attend at the time.

If I didn't know any better, I would have thought that I wrote this post. I have been sleeved a month now and I feel the same way. I must be doing something wrong.

If I didn't know any better, I would have thought that I wrote this post. I have been sleeved a month now and I feel the same way. I must be doing something wrong.