Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

African American Sleevers

Great Protein supplements recipes I got from dietian ... Just want to share...

Thank you!! I need some variety!

@ ="justcallitsugar"

I'm in VA!

Yes support makes a difference.

And no they don't understand. People think this is the easy route but this feel like the hardest thing ever. My mind has not caught up with my lil ole sleeve yet. Just a few minutes ago I forgot about it and reached for my diet snapple tea (the best) and gulped it down like I was normal. After that I said holy crap what the heck did I just do lol. But I'm happy I had a moment that I forgot because I've had a ruff day lord knows. And it felt good for a second to feel normal even though my sleeve brought me back to reality fast.

I know exactly what you mean! I thought the same thing, then I decided I really don't care what others think - it's the best investment I've ever made! Fortunately my family is very supportive. My problem has been gulping. :) This morning I ended up with a huge bubble between my throat and my stomach. I didn't know what to do - it wouldn't go up, it wouldn't go down. I probably looked ridiculous standing there arms outstretched, eyes about to pop out! I finally popped a gas ex and it relaxed. My incident for the day...

Anywhoo - I really appreciate you all and learn a lot from the boards. BTW, I'm in Richmond, VA! Give a shout!

Pam

@@Karen Scott, my nutritionist recommended plum start (light) juice. It worked like a charm & did not taste bad. Good luck.

Richmond in the house!! I will be going there this weekend

Anyone feel super sleepy after a meal? Maybe I just ate too much lol. But it happens to me all the time.

I'm 5"6 sleeved at 237. Im wondering if I will be down at least 20 by thanksgiving. It's so hard trying to get my Protein in. Seems this afternoon it's gotten a little easier. I'm even walking more.

I was sleeved on Oct 23rd. I'm also about 5'5" or 5'6" and was sleeved at 238 lbs. Today I weigh around 226 - one week out. I was always told that we'll lose weight slower than those who have higher starting weight, but should lose most of it in the first 6 months.

@@Karen Scott, my nutritionist recommended plum start (light) juice. It worked like a charm & did not taste bad. Good luck.

I might need to look for that... I prefer something more natural over the chalky drinks lol

Getting in 80-90g of Protein a day seems impossible right now.

It is impossible this close to the start. My doctor doesn't even want me using shakes. All of my protein is to come from foods. They know starting out reaching that goal is impossible. They want you to build up to that goal tho. Also to drink and stay hydrated, which is more important than the protein.

Question for anybody...who eats the oikos Greek yogurt...asking because the one I have has like 32 sugars and 34 carbs...I thought yogurt was supposed to be the right thing to eat...I'm confused now...the one I have is caramel macchiato attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1413896318.987081.jpg

I like oikos too, but you have to watch the labels. Caramel is sugar so the sugar content for that flavor will be much higher. There are some other flavors like Black Cherry that have a higher than desired sugar content.

It is impossible this close to the start. My doctor doesn't even want me using shakes. All of my Protein is to come from foods. They know starting out reaching that goal is impossible. They want you to build up to that goal tho. Also to drink and stay hydrated, which is more important than the protein.

While drinking to stay hydrated I used protein juice mix like Nector. There are ways to get protein in without shakes or real food.

It is impossible this close to the start. My doctor doesn't even want me using shakes. All of my Protein is to come from foods. They know starting out reaching that goal is impossible. They want you to build up to that goal tho. Also to drink and stay hydrated, which is more important than the protein.

While drinking to stay hydrated I used protein juice mix like Nector. There are ways to get protein in without shakes or real food.

I was sleeved on Oct 23rd. I'm also about 5'5" or 5'6" and was sleeved at 238 lbs. Today I weigh around 226 - one week out. I was always told that we'll lose weight slower than those who have higher starting weight, but should lose most of it in the first 6 months.

I have to keep reminding myself of that because I feel like I'm not doing something right I've just stopped losing seems like but I'm no where near my goal but I'm still hanging in there doing everything the way I'm supposed to ????????

I have to keep reminding myself of that because I feel like I'm not doing something right I've just stopped losing seems like but I'm no where near my goal but I'm still hanging in there doing everything the way I'm supposed to ????????

I have to keep reminding myself of that because I feel like I'm not doing something right I've just stopped losing seems like but I'm no where near my goal but I'm still hanging in there doing everything the way I'm supposed to ????????post-197986-1414721101353_thumb.jpg

I have to keep reminding myself of that because I feel like I'm not doing something right I've just stopped losing seems like but I'm no where near my goal but I'm still hanging in there doing everything the way I'm supposed to ????????post-197986-1414721101353_thumb.jpg

Yaaayyyyy. I'm not alone in my weight range or was. I'm a month out exactly today. I am down to 215. It slows up that I can say so far. But seems like inches are melting away. I've given so many cloths away. When I started this process back in January I was 263. I've come a long way. Once I get to wonderland I'm gonna go insane. Thinking of planning a trip for myself. Keep going you will get there. Sip sip sip.