Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

African American Sleevers

Edited by ToccoraVSG

Edited by ToccoraVSG

Edited by ToccoraVSG

I will be sleeved November 10th does anyone have any good advice. Just starting to get nervous.

Just relax. It is very nerve racking. But be prepared. I was in pain the 1st day. Still in pain 4 days post op. It comes and goes. You're gonna struggle drinking. Which is normal. Just take every day by day literally. In no time you will be "normal" again

I will be sleeved November 10th does anyone have any good advice. Just starting to get nervous.

Just relax. It is very nerve racking. But be prepared. I was in pain the 1st day. Still in pain 4 days post op. It comes and goes. You're gonna struggle drinking. Which is normal. Just take every day by day literally. In no time you will be "normal" again

Thank you for the advice. It

Thank you for the advice. It is a welcomed journey. I hope the pain gets better.

Edited by ToccoraVSG

I had a really easy time of it. No pain at all! I was walking in recovery, and continued walking once in my room. I was in the hospital 2 days and only needed tylenol once for a headache. Otherwise I was fine. I didn't even bother to get the prescription for pain meds filled when I was discharged.

As for soul food eating, I'm already a little different because I am vegetarian. I eat collard greens but I don't add pork or turkey to them. In fact tonight I treated myself to the Soul food vegetarian restaurant in my area. I had mock BBQ chicken, collards and brown rice.

My hair is loc'd. Because I am menopausal I already was taking Biotin. So far I haven't noticed any Hair loss.< /p>

Once I came home the worse thing was a rash where the IV site & every bandaide was. That was due to late allergies and even none latex bandages have a small amount of latex in the glue. For most people it's not a concern, but I have multiple allergies and I'm hypersensitive. A few days using hydro-cortisone cream cleared the rash up. Also for the first few weeks I got tired really easy. I felt pretty normal after a week, but ran out of steam really fast.

My best advice is relax, follow the doctor's recommendations as closely as possible.

Edited by Blerdgirl

You look absolutely fantastic! I can not wait to see 150lbs. I am 13lbs away from my first big goal 180lbs then I am on to my final goal of 150lbs. What are you doing exercise and eating wise?

Thanks so much @ria☺️????????

Eating wise: I'm not perfect, I do eat chips crackers and vegan Protein Cookies more often than I should (a little just about everyday ????????) but I'm human. I make sure I get at least 90-100 grams of Protein daily, take all my Vitamins and strive to drink at least 8-10 cups of Water daily. I focus on lean protein such as chicken, fish and turkey. I also pretty much don't ever touch or even think about or miss bread, rice, Pasta, decadent pastries, creamy drinks, soda or alcohol. I probably consume a bit too many calories for someone a little less than a year out but I am committed to fitness. Typically average around 1700 calories per day ...I still get most of my protein from premier Protein shakes, Greek yogurt and Protein Bars such as balance bars, Think thin and premier crisp. I eat often, nearly every hour or 2 I'm nibbling on something. My hunger is back but it's not raging. I guess I just like the taste of food ????

Exercise wise: I'm very committed and really enjoy pretty much all low impact fitness. My favorite things to do are group fitness classes: spin ????, hot yoga, power yoga ????☺️, Pilates and barre. My confidence has soared and I feel and look so much stronger. Can't believe I am actually loving fitness. I think it's a combination of the fact that I took pretty extreme measures for weightloss and I fear the "devilish animal" known as Constipation ????. early on when I wasn't very active and not getting in enough Water I suffered so much with that and hope to never EVER EVER EVER revisit that experience again ????????????????????

Best of luck to you during this very unique wls journey of ours ????

You look absolutely fantastic! I can not wait to see 150lbs. I am 13lbs away from my first big goal 180lbs then I am on to my final goal of 150lbs. What are you doing exercise and eating wise?

Eating wise: I'm not perfect, I do eat chips crackers and vegan Protein Cookies more often than I should (a little just about everyday ????????) but I'm human. I make sure I get at least 90-100 grams of Protein daily, take all my Vitamins and strive to drink at least 8-10 cups of Water daily. I focus on lean protein such as chicken, fish and turkey. I also pretty much don't ever touch or even think about or miss bread, rice, Pasta, decadent pastries, creamy drinks, soda or alcohol. I probably consume a bit too many calories for someone a little less than a year out but I am committed to fitness. Typically average around 1700 calories per day ...I still get most of my protein from Premier Protein shakes, Greek yogurt and Protein Bars such as balance bars, Think thin and premier crisp. I eat often, nearly every hour or 2 I'm nibbling on something. My hunger is back but it's not raging. I guess I just like the taste of food ????

Exercise wise: I'm very committed and really enjoy pretty much all low impact fitness. My favorite things to do are group fitness classes: spin ????, hot yoga, power yoga ????☺️, Pilates and barre. My confidence has soared and I feel and look so much stronger. Can't believe I am actually loving fitness. I think it's a combination of the fact that I took pretty extreme measures for weightloss and I fear the "devilish animal" known as Constipation ????. early on when I wasn't very active and not getting in enough Water I suffered so much with that and hope to never EVER EVER EVER revisit that experience again ????????????????????

Eating wise: I'm not perfect, I do eat chips crackers and vegan Protein Cookies more often than I should (a little just about everyday ????????) but I'm human. I make sure I get at least 90-100 grams of Protein daily, take all my Vitamins and strive to drink at least 8-10 cups of Water daily. I focus on lean protein such as chicken, fish and turkey. I also pretty much don't ever touch or even think about or miss bread, rice, Pasta, decadent pastries, creamy drinks, soda or alcohol. I probably consume a bit too many calories for someone a little less than a year out but I am committed to fitness. Typically average around 1700 calories per day ...I still get most of my protein from Premier Protein shakes, Greek yogurt and protein bars such as balance bars, Think thin and premier crisp. I eat often, nearly every hour or 2 I'm nibbling on something. My hunger is back but it's not raging. I guess I just like the taste of food ????

Eating wise: I'm not perfect, I do eat chips crackers and vegan Protein Cookies more often than I should (a little just about everyday ????????) but I'm human. I make sure I get at least 90-100 grams of Protein daily, take all my Vitamins and strive to drink at least 8-10 cups of Water daily. I focus on lean protein such as chicken, fish and turkey. I also pretty much don't ever touch or even think about or miss bread, rice, Pasta, decadent pastries, creamy drinks, soda or alcohol. I probably consume a bit too many calories for someone a little less than a year out but I am committed to fitness. Typically average around 1700 calories per day ...I still get most of my protein from Premier Protein shakes, Greek yogurt and protein bars such as balance bars, Think thin and premier crisp. I eat often, nearly every hour or 2 I'm nibbling on something. My hunger is back but it's not raging. I guess I just like the taste of food ????

Tough to be fully prepared because everyone's post surgical response to wls varies so much. I really did expect the best but I had some challenges with food tolerance for a long while and had to remain on only full liquids for 6 months due to post op gastritis and inflammation???????? but I got through it. I'm just about 11 months out and under the goal I set for myself. I'm more confident and happier than I've been in a very long time.

Be sure to take it easy early on and don't force foods down or skip food phases. Wls is major major major surgery and you need to heal and be patient with the process. It's going to be hard not enjoying decadent foods during the holidays trust me, I know, as I was sleeved on dec 12. 2013. I cried myself to sleep many times because although u have no appetite the smells and the sight of seeing others enjoy and indulge in foods that you can't is quite an emotional roller coaster ride. I think I was depressed for a while during that time but u may be stronger so don't fret. I still can't eat much so the holidays this year will still be challenging but it's worth it. Food no longer controls me, I now have better control on it.

Good luck and stay positive! ????☺️Stay rested, try to walk as much as possible and be sure to stay hydrated to prevent dehydration and it's very mean cousin, Constipation ???????????????????????? also realize that wls is just part of the journey. we reeeeeally have to change our mindset when it comes to the vital importance of nutritious foods and regular effective physical fitness if we seek long lasting lifetime results.

Tough to be fully prepared because everyone's post surgical response to wls varies so much. I really did expect the best but I had some challenges with food tolerance for a long while and had to remain on only full liquids for 6 months due to post op gastritis and inflammation???????? but I got through it. I'm just about 11 months out and under the goal I set for myself. I'm more confident and happier than I've been in a very long time.

Be sure to take it easy early on and don't force foods down or skip food phases. Wls is major major major surgery and you need to heal and be patient with the process. It's going to be hard not enjoying decadent foods during the holidays trust me, I know, as I was sleeved on dec 12. 2013. I cried myself to sleep many times because although u have no appetite the smells and the sight of seeing others enjoy and indulge in foods that you can't is quite an emotional roller coaster ride. I think I was depressed for a while during that time but u may be stronger so don't fret. I still can't eat much so the holidays this year will still be challenging but it's worth it. Food no longer controls me, I now have better control on it.

Good luck and stay positive! ????☺️Stay rested, try to walk as much as possible and be sure to stay hydrated to prevent dehydration and it's very mean cousin, Constipation ???????????????????????? also realize that wls is just part of the journey. we reeeeeally have to change our mindset when it comes to the vital importance of nutritious foods and regular effective physical fitness if we seek long lasting lifetime results.

Thank you so much for all the great advice. I hope I am as successful as you were on this journey. I will keep you posted on my progress.