Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

African American Sleevers

Plum love,

Your body is just adjusting to your wt loss. For stalls, do something different that your body is not expecting . Change up your exercise routine, increase your Water intake, lower your carbs for a day or something that is out of the ordinary. If you run every day, do strength training instead . Someone said they increased their calories for a day. Doing something that your body is not expecting will get that metabolism moving again. Whatever the case, always continue to follow the rules and the weight will come off. We have time to wait. It will start up again. Plus if we lose slowly our skin will have time to shrink with our bodies. You got this! You can and will do this thing!

Hello any help would be great as my date is set for July 23rd. I have blue shield and they denied me because they said I was missing a paper. We re faxed it in and they said they can take an additional 5 days. Has anyone heard of this? Has anyone had this happen to them? Will it take the full 5 days at that point? Some say it's quicker but I'm worried.

Hi Friends! I am new to the group and got sleeved on June 30th. Going back to work on Monday, this should be interesting :)

Welcome and good luck on your journey!

Don't worry I was told my approval could take up to a month. My patient advocate submitted my paperwork on July 1st and I was approved by July 7th. My Surgery date is scheduled for July 28th. Just have faith. Good Luck!!!!

Hello any help would be great as my date is set for July 23rd. I have blue shield and they denied me because they said I was missing a paper. We re faxed it in and they said they can take an additional 5 days. Has anyone heard of this? Has anyone had this happen to them? Will it take the full 5 days at that point? Some say it's quicker but I'm worried.

What I know so far...I am about 8 weeks post op what I know today is that it seems like I can eat less than I could a couple of weeks ago and I am not complaining...sugar is not good with me, which is also good, I feel sick and lightheaded...getting all my recommended Protein is manageable as long as I drink a Protein Shake in the morning...coffee has been my friend for constipation(TMI I know) but I only drink a cup a day and its the half decaf...I am a revised sleeve so I know my weight loss will be slower than virgin sleevers is what my surgeon told me so I have stayed off the scale, did get on the scale a couple of days ago and I had a five pound weight loss (I only know because I saw my doctor last week...I go by my clothes and am so pleased that I am fitting back into all my old clothes that had become too tight, even had a belt with my size 14 capris!! I am satisfied with the sleeve I wish I had it four years ago instead of the band. I don't let two days in row pass without going to the gym or to the park to walk...my goal jogging for a mile...lastly one more bite of something can make a huge difference, I learned the hard way and had to vomit, was very disappointed in myself because I dealt with the vomiting so much with the band...I am learning my new stomach I now know to stop even before the full feeling...best wishes and keep going to all sleevers!!

Welcome!! Im an African American Band to Sleeve as well!! Stay focused and remember its mind over matter!! We got this!!

Hey all,

I have not checked in - in a while and thought I would stop by to say hello and to hear about everyone's progress so far.

Edited by Ria1202

Hello Everyone,

I have a surgery date for July 28, 2014. I have to be on Optifast for 2 weeks, I'm on day 2 and it is so hard. My question is does it get any easier to manage the hunger while on this liquid diet. All I am allowed to have is 5 OPTIFAST shakes daily, Water, SF Jello, a Crystal Light. :wacko:

SD Kelly, it does get easier as the days go by. Think about your goal and where you want to be.

Hi all I was sleeved on 7/16/14 it's been only a week tomorrow and between the two week fast and now I'm down 25 lbs I can't drink all of any thing no energy shortness of breath if I walk to much not hungry but my mind is(if that makes sense) Water, Jello, anything hurts to go down even my favorite rite now sugar free popsicles.. I'm worried about dehydration .... It almost stopped my surgery they had to go in threw a central line in my neck because they could not find any veins .... Any advice on this thks

Hi all I was sleeved on 7/16/14 it's been only a week tomorrow and between the two week fast and now I'm down 25 lbs I can't drink all of any thing no energy shortness of breath if I walk to much not hungry but my mind is(if that makes sense) Water, Jello, anything hurts to go down even my favorite rite now sugar free popsicles.. I'm worried about dehydration .... It almost stopped my surgery they had to go in threw a central line in my neck because they could not find any veins .... Any advice on this thks

I had to go to the ER almost two weeks after surgery to get IV fluids because I was severely dehydrated. All of your symptoms sound like what I was experiencing. Don't be afraid to go and get checked if something doesn't feel right. I felt much better the next day and have not had any problems since. Hope you feel better soon.

Edited by Kissifur

You have to sip, sip, sip.... tiny ones all day long. I was sleeved on 7/18/14. I'm 4 days post op. My doctor has me on an all liquid diet, no Protein. Only 4 ounces per hour. I believe I'm getting about 50 calories a day. maybe less. I'm weak and and has zero energy, but I'm sipping all day and even when I wake up in the night as I don't want to go back to the hospital.

You have to sip, sip, sip.... tiny ones all day long. I was sleeved on 7/18/14. I'm 4 days post op. My doctor has me on an all liquid diet, no Protein. Only 4 ounces per hour. I believe I'm getting about 50 calories a day. maybe less. I'm weak and and has zero energy, but I'm sipping all day and even when I wake up in the night as I don't want to go back to the hospital.

Hello I'm new to this site and I was sleeved 7/16 and I've been having these same problems far as the liquid diet is concerned its so hard my pre-surg was even harder but out of 2weeks I cheated 2days not in a row but once on the 4th of July and then another the second week but with this you can't do that I'm just afraid of deyhration just like the rest, and also I only seem to have lost 3lbs but I'm not really worried BC someone else has posted that all the fluids they pump you up with during ur stay at the hospital and the gas they pump you up with during surgery all added lbs but I Erny out 2day and brought frozen yogurt pudding and iced tea I have to try something different to see if it works I'll keep you guyd updated goodluck with all of you guys journey

Hello I'm new to this site and I was sleeved 7/16 and I've been having these same problems far as the liquid diet is concerned its so hard my pre-surg was even harder but out of 2weeks I cheated 2days not in a row but once on the 4th of July and then another the second week but with this you can't do that I'm just afraid of deyhration just like the rest, and also I only seem to have lost 3lbs but I'm not really worried BC someone else has posted that all the fluids they pump you up with during ur stay at the hospital and the gas they pump you up with during surgery all added lbs but I Erny out 2day and brought frozen yogurt pudding and iced tea I have to try something different to see if it works I'll keep you guyd updated goodluck with all of you guys journey

Hello I'm new to this site and I was sleeved 7/16 and I've been having these same problems far as the liquid diet is concerned its so hard my pre-surg was even harder but out of 2weeks I cheated 2days not in a row but once on the 4th of July and then another the second week but with this you can't do that I'm just afraid of deyhration just like the rest, and also I only seem to have lost 3lbs but I'm not really worried BC someone else has posted that all the fluids they pump you up with during ur stay at the hospital and the gas they pump you up with during surgery all added lbs but I went out 2day and brought frozen yogurt pudding and iced tea I have to try something different to see if it works I'll keep you guys updated goodluck with your journey

Hello I'm new to this site and I was sleeved 7/16 and I've been having these same problems far as the liquid diet is concerned its so hard my pre-surg was even harder but out of 2weeks I cheated 2days not in a row but once on the 4th of July and then another the second week but with this you can't do that I'm just afraid of deyhration just like the rest, and also I only seem to have lost 3lbs but I'm not really worried BC someone else has posted that all the fluids they pump you up with during ur stay at the hospital and the gas they pump you up with during surgery all added lbs but I went out 2day and brought frozen yogurt pudding and iced tea I have to try something different to see if it works I'll keep you guys updated goodluck with your journey