Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

32 of the Yummiest Grams of Protein in One Sitting!

1 envelope of SF Carnation Instant Breakfast (Chocolate) + 1 Cup FF Evaporated Milk + 1/4 cup FF powdered milk + sugar or splenda to sweeten + heat in the microwave = 32 grams of protein in one sitting with the richest creamiest hot chocolate you'll ever have!! my new addiction!! :rolleyes:

1 envelope of SF Carnation Instant Breakfast (Chocolate) + 1 Cup FF Evaporated Milk + 1/4 cup FF powdered milk + sugar or splenda to sweeten + heat in the microwave = 32 grams of Protein in one sitting with the richest creamiest hot chocolate you'll ever have!! my new addiction!! :rolleyes:

I also heard if you like your chocolate cold and add 1/4 cup of eggbeaters (which you cant taste when mixed in), you add another 7 grams of Protein which will bring your total to 39 grams of protein in one yummy cup of chocolate milk! i definitely wouldnt go the hot chocolate path if i was adding egg...yuck! lol! but a cold frosty drink with a little eggbeaters goes a long protein way!

What's the carb count on this protein-palooza?

I didn't even add the sugar or splenda.

From myfitnesspal.com I didn't add sugar or splenda.

Breakfast Calories 280 Carbs 42 Fat 1 Protein 25 Carnation Instant Breakfast - chocolate No Sugar Added, 1 packet 60 12 1 5 ico_delete.gif?1264569300 Pet - Fat Free Evaporated Milk, 8 tbsp (30ml) 100 12 0 8 ico_delete.gif?1264569300 Flash - Instant Nonfat Dry Milk powder, 0.5 cup (23 g) dry 120 18 0 12 ico_delete.gif?1264569300

What's the carb count on this protein-palooza?

If you're counting carbs, this isn't a good choice for you for sure! But right now my NUT told me to stop counting carbs and just get in my Protein...and since Protein powders make me nauseous, this is a great find for me.

Carbs 42

Oh my - in one sitting? That's my total for the day right now. :huh:

Sometimes you gotta do whatcha gotta do. I couldn't stand Protein powders either! (And luckily, carbs didn't seem to be an impact on my weightloss.)

You might want to try unjury chicken Soup. It's a little salty, but it didn't taste like Protein Powder to me & really helped out those first few months. You can order samples from their website.

Oh my - in one sitting? That's my total for the day right now. :huh:

Yeah, that's for one serving for that specific recipe.

I wouldn't drink it only because the carb count outnumbers the Protein count.

It's just what worked for my weight loss, and my personal goals.

$hit! That's a lot of carbs! That's almost 2 days worth for me, but then, that's me.

1 envelope of SF Carnation Instant Breakfast (Chocolate) + 1 Cup FF Evaporated Milk + 1/4 cup FF powdered milk + sugar or splenda to sweeten + heat in the microwave = 32 grams of Protein in one sitting with the richest creamiest hot chocolate you'll ever have!! my new addiction!! :rolleyes:

Thanks for sharing! Will give it a try when it is time....BIG DAY is two days away!

I really like the SF Carnation Instant Breakfast. But.....Ive noticed that carbs and I arent friends. I try to minimize them as much as possible and keep it under 25 a day. :rolleyes:

I'm a little worried here... I am a vegetarian, and everything I can eat has some carbs. Some Dairy and eggs are not too bad, but I can't live on those. I get surgerized in a week, and keeping my fingers crossed! I did lose some weight on vegetarian South Beach, and the low glycemic index choices did lower my hunger substantially... so I'm hoping that low/medium glycemic index carbs will be ok for losing weight.... Right now at 1600 calories, my carbs are over 170 a day. I'm sure it will be less when I eat much less....

Feedyoureye- My household is 98% vegetarian (me being the 2% holdout on occasion). What types of foods are you eating for Proteins right now? I use the following products which are all fairly low in carb and have a good nutritional count for all the rest.

Morningstar farms (the breaded chicken patties are a bit high in carbs due to the breading, but not terrible.)

Quorn-love the roasts and pretty much all the rest of their products

Field Roast-not to bad, a bit more carby then the other brands

Worthington

I use any of these for the main "meat" of a meal and then add in lots of fresh and cooked veggies, dreamfields Pasta, brown rice, or taters for the family. I usually only have a tbsp of the Pasta, rice or tater. They all work really well in casseroles as well. I can take most recipes and convert them to a vegetarian one with these brands.

I have found that while I might be getting a tad more carbs than I would if I was eating real meat, it is not enough to slow my weight loss, unless I start adding in bread or sugar...but that is a different story :)

Thanks for the reply Jane! I have a lot of different Protein sources, just worried about anything that might keep his program from working...you understand. It just nice to know there is someone out there doing 98% vegetarian diet and losing successfully! Thanks again for the suggestions too...

Feedyoureye- My household is 98% vegetarian (me being the 2% holdout on occasion). What types of foods are you eating for Proteins right now? I use the following products which are all fairly low in carb and have a good nutritional count for all the rest.

Morningstar farms (the breaded chicken patties are a bit high in carbs due to the breading, but not terrible.)

Quorn-love the roasts and pretty much all the rest of their products

Field Roast-not to bad, a bit more carby then the other brands

Worthington

I use any of these for the main "meat" of a meal and then add in lots of fresh and cooked veggies, dreamfields Pasta, brown rice, or taters for the family. I usually only have a tbsp of the Pasta, rice or tater. They all work really well in casseroles as well. I can take most recipes and convert them to a vegetarian one with these brands.

I have found that while I might be getting a tad more carbs than I would if I was eating real meat, it is not enough to slow my weight loss, unless I start adding in bread or sugar...but that is a different story :)