Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any other gay sleevers out there?

Morning men,

I was not given a specific amount to loose. My Dr, just told me to stick with the diet he gave me and I would do find. I did what I was told, I did not want an open procedure. It was mostly to shrink the liver to give him more access during surgery. No, carbs, no sugar, less work for the liver to do.

I only have one cup of coffee in the morning anymore. I have not had a fancy coffee from the barista since two weeks before surgery, had one this morning, holly crap did I get buzzed this morning, on my way to work. Got a quad, breve with sugar free raspberry. ....could not finish it, will save the rest for the drive home. Not sure I like the taste of milk either. May have to try soy, or almond milk. That is my road trip drink, so will have to find something else, for the weekend of the 4th of July.

haolenate: shaved...yuck....at least you will still be a Bear...us hair less "chubs", not sure where I will fit after I get to my goal, but not too worried about it, like the Bear mentality better than the rest....more accepting.

haolenate: shaved...yuck....at least you will still be a Bear...us hair less "chubs", not sure where I will fit after I get to my goal, but not too worried about it, like the Bear mentality better than the rest....more accepting.

Don't count on it... other than a few of my very closest friends, I fully expect to be ostracized and excluded from the bear community once I've lost enough weight. I've already seen people "fall out" (or get forced out) when it became known they had surgery. Certainly some of that is due to self-selection - when a guy no longer feels he belongs in the group, he may choose to leave - but that's clearly only part of it.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Hi, I am checking in not so see how you are doing on your Bariatic front. But on the emotional front. I know after last Sunday and the loss of 49 of our family, I have been all over the emotional map. Mostly just hurting, not being able to run to food for comfort, is just making it that more difficult to deal with. Just wanted you all to know, I am thinking about all of you and hope you are all coping, as best as possible and taking care of your selves.

Just back from my 2 week doctor visit -- for some reason I've had issues keeping food down in the morning (thankfully when it comes up its "clean" and quick). They drained about 50 ml of Fluid from near my wound and discovered about 3-4 ML of air in my lap band. I really really hate needles, so seeing how they fill/update my port is going to be a lil stressful for me.

I've found out that when I cheat on the liquid diet what happens. I've discovered some foods are OK, and others - well, they come back up just as quickly as they went down. So far, my comfort foods are the Outshine frozen treats, Jello, Publix lemonade, and rice chips. For food, I've been doing the Tomato basil Soup from costco and trying NOT to put croutons in it. Drinking has been the G2 stuff, until I noticed that it has a genetic modification warning on it. My naturopath flipped out when I told her my Bariatric surgeon's office recommended G2, Crystal light, etc. She'd rather I drink Water with a fruit infuser.< /p>

I'm also taking Probiotics to help my shits -- today was the first day of "clean" poop... so they are working.

I'm back to my 'traveling' this Wednesday - thankfully its only a 90 minute flight. Saturday will be my true test as I fly from Tampa to Santiago, Chile - thankfully with a connection in Panama.

@haolenate

Good luck with your journey!!! I had the sleeve, so never had a problem with food coming up and I am a nurse, so needles don't bother me.

I'm having trouble losing weight pre-surgery, so I'm going to try to put myself on a liquid diet with the BariatricAdvantage products.

Hey guys! I haven't been on in a while but I am trying to get into a slightly more intense work out routine to build muscle, so of course Bariatric pal was my first source for advice. Google doesn't have much for sleevers. I'm having problems "tiring" too quickly into a workout. It's hard to eat enough food for the stamina required in a good workout. Hope everyone is doing well. Any advice is appreciated.

I'm down 80 lbs - 4 months post and op and I'm ready to look good naked! Lol

Kyle

Hey guys! I haven't been on in a while but I am trying to get into a slightly more intense work out routine to build muscle, so of course Bariatric pal was my first source for advice. Google doesn't have much for sleevers. I'm having problems "tiring" too quickly into a workout. It's hard to eat enough food for the stamina required in a good workout. Hope everyone is doing well. Any advice is appreciated.

I'm down 80 lbs - 4 months post and op and I'm ready to look good naked! Lol

Kyle

Hey Kyle! First of all, you look GREAT!

Are you on Facebook? There are a couple groups on there for sleevers and working out that have tons of great advice. Some use preworkout, some eat more... Just personal preference really. You're 4 months post op, so still pretty tight. At about 6-12 months, you will probably be able to eat more. I know I sure can which helps with my workouts.

Hit me up at www.facebook.com/Richard.godfrey

I will add you to the groups :)

Edit: the groups are all private so no one can see them but you if you're worried about that

Edited by rgodfrey09

I just received my insurance authorization letter. Scheduling at the end of the month. Nervous and excited. My friends bought me some Andrew Christians as a "incentive" for surgery. Lol!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Raises hand. I get sleeved on Wednesday. Facing this alone, but strong.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Raising my hand, trying to be seen next to all these beautiful boys.

A sister here.

August 30th!

Sent from my SM-G900V using the BariatricPal App

@@kyle.odom I would suggest getting a personal trainer. They would be very helpful in helping you develop a healthy and safe activity plan. You don't want to hurt yourself, or overdue it, causing any unnecessary set backs.

Good Luck on your journey.

@@rgodfrey09 I'd love to be added to that page as well.