Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So it finally happened! The surgery wasn't quite as bad as I expected. I actually feel pretty good because my broken lap band is finally gone! I will say that I was in MAJOR pain right after surgery. I didn't get a morhpine pump, they put it through my IV. I was in so much pain when I woke up in recovery, so they gave me something that made me sleep. Then when they moved me to my room, I guess the pain meds wore off because I as crying and screaming. After that, my pain meds have been going strong, so I am happy. I have been up walking. The drain hasn't been too bad. I have been fearing the drain! I had my leak test earlier and that was pretty gross. I am waiting for the doctor now to let me know how the test went so I can have something to drink. I have been allowed ice chips, but nothing else. I may get to go home tonight if all goes well. Thanks for all of the support I received here. It was nice to know exactly what to expect at the hospital from reading other's stories. I am so happy to finally be a sleeve sister!!!

YAY Becca!!!!! SOOOOOO happy for you it's finally done. Your right, the pain is pretty awful so make sure they keep up on your meds and when you go home. They usually put people on liquid Lortab/Vicodin but I couldn't take it so I had to crush my Percocet. YUCK...is about it. I was taking it about every 3.5 to 4 hours just to be able to be somewhat comfortable enough to walk around my house. I had a drain in for 11 days and it was more annoying than anything. Just going to warn you when they do take it out....it burns pretty bad so prepare yourself and take a big deep breath before they pull it. That was my experience anyway. It does feel better when it's gone too. I wondered if some of my pain was from that being in there? You will do fine....just remember the first 2 weeks are the hardest and then it's gravy! BIG HUGS TO YOU!!!!;)

Yay Becca!

I hope your leak test goes well and that you continue on the easy track back to full recovery! Thanks for checking in, and yes I'm super glad you got your broken (literally) band out. That just could *not* be good having the jagged edge tubing rolling around your insides like that.

Hugs to you!!

YAY YAY so glad to hear surgery went well. I'm sorry you had all that pain, and hope it gets better as the days progress.

Keep us posted on your progress, sip, walk, rest and repeat ! ! !

Becca I am so happy that it is all over and done for you! Keep us posted on your progress and GOOD LUCK!

Yayyyy Becca! You sound good! That's great! Please rest and take care of yourself, don't over do it! HUGS :)

Yay Sleeve Sister! Congratulations. There are a few of us who are right behind you on 1-6-2011, so we are all in this toghether. It means a lot to have the support. Thanks for sharing so those of us coming behind you know what to expect. Positivity to you!

Peace & Blessings,

Davida

WTG Becca! I am so happy for you. I thought of you and said a prayer for you. So sorry you had so much pain, but I find as the days go by I am better and stronger daily. I hope this too will be the case with you. Any New Years resolutions besides the obvious one?

Just to update, the leak test went great and everything is looking good. I am staying in the hospital until tomorrow morning. I haven't really been in much pain today. Even the pain right after surgery was 100% worth it! It only lasts a little while. I really feel quite well, but I do miss home. You don't get much sleep at the hospital!!!

I hear you on the no sleep thing. I had a sweet old lady as a room mate at the hospital and she wanted to talk to me ALL night long. I hope you are able to get a little rest tonight and you'll be home to rest tomorrow. Congratulations, now just take good care of yourself and you can sit back and watch the scale drop.

Congrats Becca! I'm glad everything went well. Welcome to the losers bench. :)

Way to go Becca. I understand the no sleep in the hospital, they forgot to turn up the heat in my room (the next morning they realized it was set at 55), my Cpap didn't want to work properly and my iv battery ran out of juice so I had to stay plugged in instead of roaming the halls since I couldn't sleep. I don't even remember the pain any more. Now to sip and follow the diet and it will start falling off....my husband is calling me the incredible shrinking woman.

Congratulations Becca! Sorry you were in so much pain at first but it sounds like you are doing so much better now. Keep us posted on how it is going. Those of us who haven't been sleeved yet are especially appreciative of hearing your story and how it works out for you! It will be our turn soon and we may need your help and advice then, too! :)

Take care,

Telisa