Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Story of me! long...

Well I have been a member of this site for almost a year and havent told my story & thought I would today. January 2010 I decided to have the sleeve after researching for many months. The sleeve it was..until I went to see my GYN, umm (sorry TMI alert), I have been menstrating for many months, I kept thinking-'if I can just lose this weight, it'll be okay'. but Dr. decided to do a sterilization/ablation on me to see if that help, well it didnt. So after many ultrasounds, the 'ultrasoundist' asked if I had been told I had endometriosis. Noone has ever told me that, infact after 12 years of trying to concieve even with doctors interventions (all self pay), noone has told me that, they just called it 'mysterious infertility', (finally chose to adopt). Now 12 years later a new doctor is going to finally diagnose me? Of course I thought the ultrasound lady was wrong but dr wanted to 'go in and see' as this is the only way you can be diagnosed for sure with this disease. Sooo(had to put my sleeve on hold) April 2010, she did a look see laproscopic and indeed found that I had one of the worse cases she has ever seen of endometriosis, I had stage 7!. Endometriosis is a disease that feeds off of your estrogen, and produces a rock hard 'glue' that had 'glued' my ovaries together and had adhered to my intestines and bowels. Dr. immedialtely closed me up without taking anything out, because she needed a robot to help her. So,again my sleeve on hold til we get this out of the way. June 30, 2010 I had surgery for her to go in and get that out of me, after two hours of trying to cut this out of me laproscopic, she decided to open me up and take everything as she described 'it was just one big ball of mess all glued together.Thankfully she didnt nick my bowels while cutting that away! I was happy as I knew now, no more things in my way of my sleeve, I scheduled my sleeve for sept 17, I get a call sept. 6 , drs office telling me that dr has jury duty on my surgery date!! OMG really? I cried with her office personel, they called me sept 8, told me to be at the hospital in the morning Sept 9th.!! Ok I wanted the surgery but wow tomorrow? Lots of things went thru my mind:

I thought of my kids,

my life,

was this really going to work,

am I really prepared for it,

will I make it thru surgery?

Well I made the 4 hr drive to the hospital crying while thinking of all these things... I had the surgery, everything went great, I was out after spending two nights. I am on week 13, lost 58 pounds, I just keep thinking somone pinch me, this is too easy. I HAVE NOT ONCE REGRETTED HAVING THIS SURGERY. My sleeve has been faithful to me, and I treat it right too! I look at myself in the mirror and see ME! The person I knew was in there long ago. I AM ALIVE, I particpate at my kids schools, I feel good in a crowd of people ( I always felt the biggest in the room at any given time). Sunday was the first pic I had taken with my kids in 8 years, and even better, I liked the pics!! ITS BEEN AN AWESOME RIDE, WORTH THE WAIT!! Anyone thinking of getting the sleeve, I say 'go for it', you owe it to yourself. Your life will change for the better... God bless!! Kelly

Thank you for sharing your story! I am so glad that your issues are behind you and you are having such success!!!!!!!

Well I have been a member of this site for almost a year and havent told my story & thought I would today. January 2010 I decided to have the sleeve after researching for many months. The sleeve it was..until I went to see my GYN, umm (sorry TMI alert), I have been menstrating for many months, I kept thinking-'if I can just lose this weight, it'll be okay'. but Dr. decided to do a sterilization/ablation on me to see if that help, well it didnt. So after many ultrasounds, the 'ultrasoundist' asked if I had been told I had endometriosis. Noone has ever told me that, infact after 12 years of trying to concieve even with doctors interventions (all self pay), noone has told me that, they just called it 'mysterious infertility', (finally chose to adopt). Now 12 years later a new doctor is going to finally diagnose me? Of course I thought the ultrasound lady was wrong but dr wanted to 'go in and see' as this is the only way you can be diagnosed for sure with this disease. Sooo(had to put my sleeve on hold) April 2010, she did a look see laproscopic and indeed found that I had one of the worse cases she has ever seen of endometriosis, I had stage 7!. Endometriosis is a disease that feeds off of your estrogen, and produces a rock hard 'glue' that had 'glued' my ovaries together and had adhered to my intestines and bowels. Dr. immedialtely closed me up without taking anything out, because she needed a robot to help her. So,again my sleeve on hold til we get this out of the way. June 30, 2010 I had surgery for her to go in and get that out of me, after two hours of trying to cut this out of me laproscopic, she decided to open me up and take everything as she described 'it was just one big ball of mess all glued together.Thankfully she didnt nick my bowels while cutting that away! I was happy as I knew now, no more things in my way of my sleeve, I scheduled my sleeve for sept 17, I get a call sept. 6 , drs office telling me that dr has jury duty on my surgery date!! OMG really? I cried with her office personel, they called me sept 8, told me to be at the hospital in the morning Sept 9th.!! Ok I wanted the surgery but wow tomorrow? Lots of things went thru my mind:

I thought of my kids,

my life,

Well I made the 4 hr drive to the hospital crying while thinking of all these things... I had the surgery, everything went great, I was out after spending two nights. I am on week 13, lost 58 pounds, I just keep thinking somone pinch me, this is too easy. I HAVE NOT ONCE REGRETTED HAVING THIS SURGERY. My sleeve has been faithful to me, and I treat it right too! I look at myself in the mirror and see ME! The person I knew was in there long ago. I AM ALIVE, I particpate at my kids schools, I feel good in a crowd of people ( I always felt the biggest in the room at any given time). Sunday was the first pic I had taken with my kids in 8 years, and even better, I liked the pics!! ITS BEEN AN AWESOME RIDE, WORTH THE WAIT!! Anyone thinking of getting the sleeve, I say 'go for it', you owe it to yourself. Your life will change for the better... God bless!! Kelly

What a beautiful story Kelly! Congratulations on everything! I hope my surgery is just as successful! :)

Gina

Sounds like you have some major obstacles in the way but in the end you made it thorough and you will be so much better for it all! Congrats on your weight loss. Thank you for sharing your story with everyone. God Bless you.

Thanks for sharing your story, congrats on your loss so far and your continued success!

Kelly, that's an awesome story -- you've overcome a lot -- and lived to tell the tale :) You're one strong woman :) Congratulations for everything (not just for the weight loss, but that's big too) -- big hugs!

Thank you so much for sharing your story. What a wild ride you've had on this journey!

Congratulations!

Hi determined, thanks for sharing your story with us!! It's always interesting to know where we have all been in our individual lives. You however, have come a very long way and I am super proud of you!! Keep up the good work and enjoy your successes so far!

:)

Wow..what an amazing story. I sat here with tears in my eyes as I read it. I am having my sleeve on Jan 6th 2011, you have truly inspired me. All the best...keep rising to the top!

Hey endometriosis sister, my hysterectomy stalled my sleeved. But like you I over came it and I'm now enjoy my new stomach. Congratulations on your new life and keep taking those pics.....lol

I thought of my kids,

my life,

thank you so much guys!! this site played a big part of my success, the people here have so much to give, its unexplainable, it goes beyond what drs & nuts can do.. I love ya!! GOD BLESS YOU ALL ON YOUR JOURNEYS, AND WISH YOU THE BEST!!;)

congratulations to you and your success. I am hoping to be getting my sleeve the first week in january and hope mine goes as well!! good luck to you!!

I thought of my kids,

my life,

Kelly what a wonderful (and not so wonderful) story! I'm so proud of you! Keep up the excellent work! You can do this, you have shown just how remarkable the sleeve really is! I'm so proud that you have your self confidence up! How great is that! Keep doing what your doing and together we'll all get through this and beat the obesity monster! CONGRATULATIONS!

Thank you for sharing your journey. It was a bit of a wait but you eventually got to where you wanted to and dealt with another problem in the mean time.

God bless you. Keep us posted on the rest of your journey.