Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Are there any SIZE Goal sleevers out there?

For some reason I've always been quite a bit heavier than others who wear my same size. To be honest, I only chose my weight goal by wanting to be a normal BMI. However weight goals have NEVER excited me as much as fitting new sizes (unless you count in being in Onederland). This for me has always been my biggest motivator. Every new size I break into fully, I'm finding THAT really is what keeps me more and more motivated.

So, I'm wondering if there is anyone else out there like me?

I do still check my weight, it's fun watching the scale go down - but I can tell you, nothing will make me happier than to get to that CERTAIN SIZE!!!

My TRUE goal is to fit size 6-8 bottoms. Whatever my top size is isn't as great as the bottoms. I imagine I'll probably end up in Small. I'm already in Large tops, and wearing 16-18 bottoms.

I just want size 10 to be too big. Once that happens, I'll be at goal. I'll do my best to try to stop the weight loss after that. I don't care how much I weigh. Besides, I'm sure once I get all my plastics done, I'll go up a shirt size and probably down another pant size... haha!!! :)

My dream size is 10 - 12. In other words normal. I lost down to this size back in 1994 and the old saying came true for me loose weight get pregnant. Well I have not reached that size since. I have set my goal to be the weight I was for this size.

Diva, we are defo on the same page... I too seem to weigh a lot heavier that others in my size... I put it down to having a lot of muscle...lol!!! NOT!

I haven't really thought of a 'goal' size until now and I think it will be a size 12 UK for me in tops and bottoms... I am already down from a UK 22/24 to a UK 18... so if that is the case I am half way there....YEY!! =]

I have a goal size more than weight actually, I'm down from a size 18-20 (uk) to a size 14 UK, my goal initially is a size 12 (which a thinkk is an 8-10 US) So size-wise I'm nearly there!!

Hey ladies!!! Well I'm so happy I'm not alone!! :D

Oopsee, I do believe they make sizes a bit different than they used to. You might not weigh the same as you did last you wore that size. I've noticed for myself, I can fit in all different kinds of sizes, just depending where I buy the outfits.

You know what? I've saved some pants from that many years ago. I think they are actually from about 1988. Back then they were size 14's. I wore them for awhile until I gained a lot of weight pretty quick. I hope I can get those suckers on again someday!! Heheee

Hey coops, I've used the muscle excuse a lot too! LMAO!! It's only because I have NO clue why I weigh so much. Could it be our cells are just more evenly distributed, rather than them being all in one spot? I don't know... Anyhow, your UK sizes are much smaller than ours. It sounds like you might want to be around the same size as me. You're very close!!! Go girlie!!

Hey Chilo, yes you are VERY close to goal!!! Whoohooo!!! :D I like your style, keep up the good work - and send a big shout out when that day comes!!!

Yeah, I'm also more concerned about size and I'm also one of those people who looks lighter than what they weigh. My original goal was size 8 in bottoms (pants, specifically - I have a huge @$$ and thighs). Right now I'm a comfortable 10. We'll see, maybe I can even fit into a 6 in some brand. Thinking back to my teenage years, I haven't been a size 8 since going through puberty, so it's hard for me to imagine what size 6 would be like on my frame. As long as it doesn't translate into bones protruding out of my boobs....I don't have much left to lose on my upper body!

I was very size goal oriented since my "goal" weight was set high, but I wanted to be in single digit sizes, and was beyond content at a size 8. When I slid on a size 0 at the Gap, I never thought about losing another pound.

I want to be in the single digits. Especially since there are sooooo many more cute clothes in the 6 -8 range! When I wore a 10/12 I would often not find as many cute clothes. I know... it sounds ridiculous, but it's one my motivations... I LOVE clothes! L.O.V.E.

Sizes vary so much by manufacturer, and now with the rampant use of vanity sizing, I can't really say that I have a size goal. However I have noticed that the higher end clothes are smaller in the same number than bargain clothes, for example, a J Crew 10 is a lot different then an Old Navy 10. So if I had a size goal, it would be brand-related. I would like to wear a White House/Black Market size 6/8, a J Crew 6/8, and just be able to fit into anything from Anthropologie. =)

Yay! Im not the only one who has a size goal and not as concerned about how much I weigh :)

I honestly dont care what the scale says ( well I will be excited to hit onederland), I just want to be in a single digit pants/skirts.

The bariatric nurse I saw really looked at me as if I was insane for saying I didnt care about the scale. lol. I have ALWAYS weighed more than others expected me to weigh so it just doesnt matter, I JUST REALLY WANT TO WEAR A SIZE 8 ;) Shirt size doesnt matter either to me.

I am just the opposite. I've always worn a larger size than my weight was "supposed" to weigh. I'm 5'6" at 126 pounds.

My goal was to be an 8/10. But, I've found that I'm fitting anywhere between 4/6/8 depending on manufacturer. WOW! I love saying I can wear a 4. :rolleyes: But, as another poster said, Old Navy makes me feel fat again since I wear a size M there. I never would have believed that a "M" would feel fat to me, but it does. I like the XS and S sizes that I find at Kohls, Macy's, Cold Water Creek, and such. I guess I'm turning into a Diva and need only "quality clothes". LOL!

I think I've reached my goal size 14/16 (at 6'0 tall that looks really good!!) but then it becomes a game with me, now i want to see if i can say loose about another 20 lbs, then if i get there, how about another 10 and so on. . . now it's more personal then anything for me. . . size wise?? Well whatever happens huh?

I want to be in the single digits. Especially since there are sooooo many more cute clothes in the 6 -8 range! When I wore a 10/12 I would often not find as many cute clothes. I know... it sounds ridiculous, but it's one my motivations... I LOVE clothes! L.O.V.E.

I have DEFINITELY noticed that too. I think that is why I have chosen the 6-8 Range.

It is VERY true that all manufacturers make the same size different. I think as long as I can wear the Kohl's in size 6-8 I'm about done. ESPECIALLY Levi's. That's my #1!!! I bought a pair of 8's in Levi's and once I fit my big ole booty in them, I'm quitting this losing weight thing.

MINI - you are too funny with the Diva comment!! :lol: There's nothing wrong with that, rock it girlie! Quality clothes once you get to goal is a dream of mine.

I think I've reached my goal size 14/16 (at 6'0 tall that looks really good!!) but then it becomes a game with me, now i want to see if i can say loose about another 20 lbs, then if i get there, how about another 10 and so on. . . now it's more personal then anything for me. . . size wise?? Well whatever happens huh?

Oh yeah 14-16 on 6' looks really good. But you're right, keep going until you feel comforable stopping. That's what I'm all about! :) I will not be a slave to my scale!! The whole BMI thing wasn't meant for me. B)

OK so I haven't weighed myself for a while and won't do until affter my 5 day pouch test (on day 2 now) And my period, which is due in about a week.

As I said earlier in this thread my initial size goal was a size 12 UK, but now I've been buying 12's jeans, tops and even a little jacket in the sales and they fit me! I do need to loose a tiny bit more to actually look good in thme but I still can't believe I can fit into a size 12!!!!!!!!!!! New goal a size 10 and that's it or else I'll be the same size as my 12 year old daughter :D