Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Are there any SIZE Goal sleevers out there?

I don't ever remember fitting into a size 8 or 10 so I would be so happy to get to either of those. I wore 18s in high school and 12/14/16 I think I missed size 8/10 completely (rapid weight gain after losing our house to a fire). I'm not too concerned with weight like you said as long as the scale number is going down :)

@chilo, congrats girlie!!! How awesome that must be!! I'm going to do the same. I bought some size 8 Levi's as my goal size. Even if I'm 170 in them... oh well. I'll see how I feel then if I want to keep going or not...

@DJackson, cheers!! You will see the 8/10's soon :)

I am 5'7.5" and I see all these posts about wearing an 8 and can't ever imagine that for me. I remember when jcpenney came out with plus sizes for kids in the catalogue and I was so happy I could get kid clothes that fit me. I shopped in the adult section since age 8 or 9 and totally skipped juniors. I did slim down to a 10 in 10th grade by skipping most meals. That did not last long. Right now I just look forward to the next size drop. I already had to get rid of my 26's and most of my 24's are looking baggy. My goal right now is 14, but hidden inside is the hope that it might be possible to make it to 8.

I've never been too concerned about the number on the scale. I've always been on the heavier side, but I guess I carry my weight well? Throughout college (up until my junior year) I weighed in at around 205 at 5'8" and wore size 11 in juniors with plenty of room to spare. I would, however, like to get down to a size 6/8. I don't know why, but for me this is the magic size. I just want to be able to go in and shop at Francesca's, Cache, and White House Black Market and fit into all of their cute clothes! That sounds so shallow, but I was always a bit of a "fashionista".

I'm definitely looking forward to the weight loss process though; I have all of my cute clothes from my sorority days ( I'm only 22 and those clothes are still in style!)hanging up in my closet and just waiting for me! As soon as I can fit both butt cheeks into those size 11 pants I'll be in business! Ahhh!!! A month and a half until my surgery date, and I can hear my hollister denim and silver jeans calling out to me! You ladies make me so antsy...

Ok, I'm old :lol: So, I don't know what would be a "normal" size to shoot for -- for example, when I was 12 (in 1976), I wore a size 10. I was a skinny kid. Not fat at all. When I was in high school (graduated in 1982) I wore a size 12 (weighed about 135 at 5'9").

So, while I would like to be "size oriented," I have NO clue as to what I would wear -- I haven't been skinny in decades (literally). I have been a size 18 or higher since I was 23 (now 46).

Anyone care to guess for me?? I'd be much obliged! (FYI, I would love to get down to 155, but will take 165 which is a normal BMI. And again, I'm 5'9" or 175 cm)

Hi LilMissDiva,

I'm not a sleever or plicationer yet (I'm still a bandster) but I love this topic!! :)

With the band, the lowest I weighed was 170 and I was a size 10/12/14 depending on the brand. I agree that fitting into a single digit size would be amazing but my husband likes me with some curves and bumps :D so I think I'm gonna shoot for a size 9/10. The smallest I was as an adult was in college and I think I weighed closer to 160 and I was a size 10 but that was like 15 years ago so who knows what size I'd be now at that weight! I'm shooting for a normal BMI - about 159-162ish for my 5' 7.5" frame.

genepha

approved by insurance TODAY to have my band removed :cheer2:

self-pay plication

I think when we get past 40 (and I spoke to a lot of people who are going through the same thing) our body shapes change so much with age and putting on weight, that it's really hard to estimate what size we're gonna be after losing a certain amount of weight. I never ever thought that at my actual weight (which is about 158 lbs) I would be able to squeeze into to a size 12 UK (which is an american 10, i finally looked it up!) 10 years ago, and this I remember clearly at this weight I was in a tight 14 UK (12 US), and now those pants (i still have 3 pairs of my old jeans and dress pants) are loose on me, so you never know what size you're gonna end up being!

Ok, I'm old :lol: So, I don't know what would be a "normal" size to shoot for -- for example, when I was 12 (in 1976), I wore a size 10. I was a skinny kid. Not fat at all. When I was in high school (graduated in 1982) I wore a size 12 (weighed about 135 at 5'9").

So, while I would like to be "size oriented," I have NO clue as to what I would wear -- I haven't been skinny in decades (literally). I have been a size 18 or higher since I was 23 (now 46).

Anyone care to guess for me?? I'd be much obliged! (FYI, I would love to get down to 155, but will take 165 which is a normal BMI. And again, I'm 5'9" or 175 cm)

Wow you're tall Julie, I think that if you get down to 155 (which is about 70 kilos right?) you'll prob fit in to a size 12 again, that's my guess :P

Oh Hell, You girls are making me feel like crap! I just want to go to the mall and feel like shopping! I actually probably could go to a normal store right now and buy something, but I really do not want to nor can afford to. My DH is unemployed so the money is not there, I need to wait until I'm literally falling out of my clothes to do that, and I have a vast array of size 10, 12 and 14s that I can wear with a belt and just look decent in. Some of the stores you mention I have never even window shopped in! I guess now that we are re-starting the Dave Ramsey method to get our finances on track I will need to start a clothing category for me as well as the kids that grow out of their clothes every other month! I cannot wait to get excited about going shopping!!!!

Patti

@brandy - of all the emotions I was feeling pre-op, the "antsy" feeling was by far the best!! I just couldn't wait once I'd made that decision. :) You will soon see, you were right to be!!

@julia - for your height I'd say to start with a 10 or 12. You can always lose more if it's you're just not feeling it.

Good luck y'all!!

I think when we get past 40 (and I spoke to a lot of people who are going through the same thing) our body shapes change so much with age and putting on weight, that it's really hard to estimate what size we're gonna be after losing a certain amount of weight. I never ever thought that at my actual weight (which is about 158 lbs) I would be able to squeeze into to a size 12 UK (which is an american 10, i finally looked it up!) 10 years ago, and this I remember clearly at this weight I was in a tight 14 UK (12 US), and now those pants (i still have 3 pairs of my old jeans and dress pants) are loose on me, so you never know what size you're gonna end up being!

Hey Chilo.... WAY TO GOOOOOO!!!

Can't wait to get to a 12; you're gonna make a 10 easy my lovely!!

In November I was pretty much frogged marched to get some new work clothes, inparticular trousers... that is when I bought the size 18 and did the happy dance... now they are getting baggy but I am too scared to try on a 16 just incase they are too small!!

How can this happen as in the time that I bought them I have only lost 6-7lb???? Strange? But I ain't complaining =]

Coops - go for it. If the 18 is baggy, the 16's may be a bit roomy as well. Yahoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I never really had any goals My only goal was not to wear plus sizes anymore. i was so happy when I could stop shopping in the plus size department !!!!

Then everyone started telling me I had to pick a goal weight. I looked at pictures of me and believe me , I know how much I weighed in every picture ever taken of me. I decided on 135 because I saw a picture that I thought I looked good in.

My body stopped losing weight at 130 though so I was good with that. I am in size 8 in most brands of pants My levis are 8's but Old Navy does do vanity sizes. I have some 6's and some 4's from Old navy and small tops. what I am not good with, is the extra 8 lbs I gained over the holidays. Luckily, I have taken half of it off now, or I would be really depressed.

If you really want to give your ego a boost and you've already lost most of your weight - go shop at Chico's! Their sizes go from a 0 - 3. I used to squeeze into their size 3 (16/18 in regular sizes), but am now in a size 1 top and .5 bottom. That gave me a kick just to say it - "yes, I'm wearing a size .5 pants right now!" - ha!

Clothes sizes are so dependent on the brand that it's important not to get TOO hung up on them. As long as you feel good about how you look and are healthy that's the most important thing. But that said - the skirt I'm wearing in one of my new pic posts is a 6 - and I NEVER thought I'd be able to wear a 6 again in my life. I would have been happy at a size 10 after being so big in the past. So I'm really enjoying trying on new clothes now and exploring fashion again.