Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just a little tip

I've just been introduced to the fabulous world of Pampered Chef, and least to say, I'm in love with so many of their products. I'm not advertising or selling Pampered Chef, but I highly recommend this one tool for us because it's really helped me in the kitchen.

It's the Mix and Chop.

meats fine enough before using this tool. It's awesome because I refuse to touch raw meat, and with ground meats, you can just press, and turn this in the meat and really breaks down the meat. Like taco bell, taco meat consistency is what I prefer for Pasta sauces and the like. I just hate chewing up ground meat chunks because by the time I chew, chew, chew it has lost all it's flavor. Plus, doing this really allows the seasonings/spices to merry with the meat. Even if you find something similar to this product in another line like KitchenAid I would highly recommend it. It's also great for shredding meat like pork in the crock pot for pulled pork sandwiches, or roasts. I've even used it on baked chicken breasts to mix in a pasta salad.< /p>

I love my Chopper. My daughter sells Pampered Chef, so I have quiet a few things from them.

I adore PC!!!! LOL

One thing that is Awesome for right now is the 1 Cup Prep Bowls! They are perfect for me to have a nice small amount of food and I can use it in the microwave and fridge!! Plus there are lids to travel well!

The other thing is the Mix and Chop! It's also Great for mixing up ground beef!

I

I've just been introduced to the fabulous world of Pampered Chef, and least to say, I'm in love with so many of their products. I'm not advertising or selling Pampered Chef, but I highly recommend this one tool for us because it's really helped me in the kitchen.

It's the Mix and Chop.

http://www.pamperedc...productId=15658

I could never crumble, or even break down ground meats fine enough before using this tool. It's awesome because I refuse to touch raw meat, and with ground meats, you can just press, and turn this in the meat and really breaks down the meat. Like taco bell, taco meat consistency is what I prefer for Pasta sauces and the like. I just hate chewing up ground meat chunks because by the time I chew, chew, chew it has lost all it's flavor. Plus, doing this really allows the seasonings/spices to merry with the meat. Even if you find something similar to this product in another line like KitchenAid I would highly recommend it. It's also great for shredding meat like pork in the crock pot for pulled pork sandwiches, or roasts. I've even used it on baked chicken breasts to mix in a Pasta salad.

OK, I'm going to sound silly here, but looking at the picture, I can't understand how you use it. :-) Do you kind of crush the meat with it? Would you use the same motion as when mashing potatoes with a ricer? Sorry, as you can see, I am *not* much of a chef, much less a pampered one :-))

I

OK, I'm going to sound silly here, but looking at the picture, I can't understand how you use it. :-) Do you kind of crush the meat with it? Would you use the same motion as when mashing potatoes with a ricer? Sorry, as you can see, I am *not* much of a chef, much less a pampered one :-))

Yep, you just toss the meat in the pan, and press the chopper into the meat, and twist it back and forth. It makes crumbling meat so much easier, and makes it super small consistency. Yes, you use the same motion as mashing potatoes.

Yep, you just toss the meat in the pan, and press the chopper into the meat, and twist it back and forth. It makes crumbling meat so much easier, and makes it super small consistency. Yes, you use the same motion as mashing potatoes.

Awesome, thanks for answering my silly question! That looks like the perfect post-op tool!

Awesome, thanks for answering my silly question! That looks like the perfect post-op tool!

You betcha. . . not a silly question at all. I would have never thought to use that thing for meats. I've used it for mashing and mixing other thick consistency stuff, but a friend of mine gave me the tip. I used it a couple of weeks ago when making 75 Breakfast burritos with sausage and scrambled eggs. It was pretty awesome because it actually made the sausage small enough to mix in thoroughly with the eggs. I seriously hate to touch raw meat, and only do it when I'm out of disposable gloves so this has come in handy for me. It won't shred, or chop raw chicken, but it's great to use on cooked chicken.< /p>

You betcha. . . not a silly question at all. I would have never thought to use that thing for meats. I've used it for mashing and mixing other thick consistency stuff, but a friend of mine gave me the tip. I used it a couple of weeks ago when making 75 Breakfast burritos with sausage and scrambled eggs. It was pretty awesome because it actually made the sausage small enough to mix in thoroughly with the eggs. I seriously hate to touch raw meat, and only do it when I'm out of disposable gloves so this has come in handy for me. It won't shred, or chop raw chicken, but it's great to use on cooked chicken.< /p>

OMG, I am the exact same way!!! I HATE to touch raw meat!!! I am so squeamish about it!!!

I LOVE my chopper! It works GREAT on Ground meat of any kind AND I've used it when I saute onion, celery, and mushrooms just to get them smaller yet....once they are tender it is EASY to chop! Best purchase!!!

I adore PC!!!! LOL

One thing that is Awesome for right now is the 1 Cup Prep Bowls! They are perfect for me to have a nice small amount of food and I can use it in the microwave and fridge!! Plus there are lids to travel well!

The other thing is the Mix and Chop! It's also Great for mixing up ground beef!

OMG I feel so silly now! LOL I just noticed you were talking about the mix and chop! LOL For some reason I thought you were talking about the Chopper (for like veggies and such)!! Can't ya tell my brain is FRIED today!!!!

I have had the mix and chop for a long while now because I too have issues with raw meat and I used to make A LOT of things with ground meat!!

Just wanted to add that a super easy and cheap way to get your ground meat ultra fine is to place about 2 cups of Water in with the meat while you cook it. Just throw the Water in at the same time as you put the meat in and cook as usual. It will look disgusting, but it cooks up just as usual, only without large clumps. I also usually add a hefty amount of garlic powder and onion powder and a touch of salt. After I drain the meat, sometimes I even rinse it with hot water to remove extra fat. Even then...if the seasoning was added during cooking, it tastes perfectly seasoned.

My husband watches a lot of food Network type of shows, and the water technique is used by a lot of restaurants to achieve the super ground consistency for chilis and meat sauces.

Hope that helps.

Just wanted to add that a super easy and cheap way to get your ground meat ultra fine is to place about 2 cups of Water in with the meat while you cook it. Just throw the Water in at the same time as you put the meat in and cook as usual. It will look disgusting, but it cooks up just as usual, only without large clumps. I also usually add a hefty amount of garlic powder and onion powder and a touch of salt. After I drain the meat, sometimes I even rinse it with hot water to remove extra fat. Even then...if the seasoning was added during cooking, it tastes perfectly seasoned.

My husband watches a lot of food Network type of shows, and the water technique is used by a lot of restaurants to achieve the super ground consistency for chilis and meat sauces.

Hope that helps.

Wow, I love little food tricks like that! thanks!

My mom is doing an online/actual party of PC in February so I guess I'll be picking one up!

My friend just had a party and I bought one! The great thing about it is that it won't scratch your pans/pots. : )