Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

18 month post-sleeve check in

So here I am 18 months post-sleeve, loving life, staying busy, and just living.

Yes, I can eat twice as much as I could at the 2-3 months post-op, but it's still a small amount. No more than 6-8 of mushy foods, and max 5oz of dense Protein. I can not even eat 1/2 chicken breast unless I take 45 minutes, and have some food lube to go with it. 1 Taco Bell soft taco, or 1-2 wedges from their steak quesadilla minus the top part of the tortilla, 3 subway meatballs with cheese, 1-1.5 slice of thin crust pizza, 4oz of steak with veggies, 1/2 Peanut Butter sandwich, etc etc.

I still take Prilosec once daily, and have no plans of stopping it any time soon. I just started working out again to tone up, and will going for my round of plastics consults after the first of the year. We are still "trying" to conceive, but I have given up on the charting and ovulation monitor. I had become obsessive about it, and that's not good for me, or my marriage. My son doesn't think I dress "age appropriately" because a girl at his middle school has the same pair of tights I wear on occasion. He said "mom, you can't wear those anymore, "E" has those same circly, purple tights and she's ONLY 14". . . I tried to explain to him that just because I'm nearly 34 doesn't mean I'm dead, and can't dress with style. I'm not rocking mini skirts and tube tops so in my mind, and per Stacy and Clinton, I am still within the guidelines of age appropriate clothing.

I do eat anything and everything I want. I have "bad" days when I don't hit Protein goals then there are other days I get in 100+gr per day. I don't track my food intake anymore as it's all kind of mental. I do a check in occasionally just to make sure my math is correct, and I eat anywhere between 1500-1800 calories a day. I do eat white carbs, but not in large quantities, and still follow the "protein first" rule 85-90% of the time. I eat dessert, I drink very socially, and I do not fret about food. I am just living life, and I go in this month for my 18 month follow up with my surgeon. I'll post my lab results once they are in, but it'll probably be closer to the end of the month for me to get in with Dr. M.

For those of you struggling right now, DO NOT GIVE UP on YOURSELF. This is a lifelong change and journey, try to remind yourself that you didn't get fat overnight, you're not going to get skinny overnight. For those of you just getting started, stay the course, find the path that works for you, and be smart about what you put in your mouth. Decision-making is a lot harder this far out. I can easily put away a lot of chips and salsa, pretzels with mustard, all junk food slides right down, and is just wasted calories. I do admit that some days I fall into the pit of hell on food choices, but I live each day for that day and do not beat myself up over it. I can't tell y'all enough how much this forum has meant to me, and the friendships I've formed over the last year and a half have been inspiring, and truly the best friendships I could have asked for. Thanks for all of the support, encouragement, and love that we've shared. I don't know what I would have done without y'all.

Now a new before and after side by side:

Pre-op stats: 270lbs, size 22/24W pant, 3-4X shirt, 8-8.5W shoe, 40-42D/DD bra, ring size 8.5

Post-op stats (in maintenance): 125lbs (I bounce up and down 3-5lbs on any given week) size 0-4 pant depending on where I buy them, Gap size 0, Old Navy size 0 and 2, Charlotte Russe 4 etc etc. Shirt size is xs to small, shoe size 7 (normal width), 32 TINY B bra, ring size 6

Before%20after%20sidebyside.jpg

AWESOME STORY WHAT AN INSPIRATION YOUVE DONE AN AWESOME JOB YOU LOOK FANTASTIC IM JUST GETTING STARTED A MONTH DOWN SINCE SURGERY BUT I KNOW IM GONNA REACH MY GOALS ONLY ANOTHER 130 TO GO

You look fantastic!

Love ya Tiff! You have given me so much hope when I was down about my failed band. I was so scared of having another weight loss surgery until I read about your journey. Thanks for helping me decide on the sleeve. You mean so much to all of us~

Thank you for still hanging out here and being a wealth of information and inspiration to everyone of all shapes and sizes. It really is a calling and I hope you know how much it really does help others. I appreciate your no nonsense "non sugar coated" posts and for keeping it real. You look wonderful and you have worked your sleeve like no other. Thank you and bless ya.

Reading this post and seeing your before and after is so encouraging to me! Im so stinkin excited for surgery :)

YOU LOOK AMAZING!!!! CONGRATS!!!

I really believe that having a positive and informative forum like this improves the odds of VSG weight loss. It is people like you that stick with the forums, and share their experiences that make the forum what it is. It is so easy to get off track without a friendly compass to steer by. Thanks and congratulations! I hope to contribute to this forum more fully after my surgery.

Thank You Tiffy. Your posts always seem to come out at the same time I'm needing a boost. I been really down lately, feeling like I may have made a mistake of getting the surgery. I'm having a really hard time. I feel like a failure, Thank you for you positive posts letting us know that it will all get better, and back to normal (but an even better normal),

Kelli

I have to admit that I was still very torn over getting the band or the sleeve and after hearing your story and see pics from your jounrey, that is what made it my mind for the sleeve and of course I couldn't have been happier!!!!! Thank you for being such a GREAT supporter on this site and Thank you for all you and your DH do for our US Military!

Tiff...you are so inspirational! Just reading your posts makes me feel so much better about my decision to get sleeved. My surgery date is fast approaching on Dec 13th! Your posts always answer so many questions and you always have such great advice! Thank you so much for continuing to post and for providing such great information and encouragement to everyone! By the way, you look AMAZING!

Sooooo awesome! Thanks as always for sharing! It gives me such hope :), man I wish I could have had this done 10 years ago...by the way tell your son you are still young :), your just a hip in style mama!!! you go girl!!!

So here I am 18 months post-sleeve, loving life, staying busy, and just living.

Yes, I can eat twice as much as I could at the 2-3 months post-op, but it's still a small amount. No more than 6-8 of mushy foods, and max 5oz of dense Protein. I can not even eat 1/2 chicken breast unless I take 45 minutes, and have some food lube to go with it. 1 Taco Bell soft taco, or 1-2 wedges from their steak quesadilla minus the top part of the tortilla, 3 subway meatballs with cheese, 1-1.5 slice of thin crust pizza, 4oz of steak with veggies, 1/2 Peanut Butter sandwich, etc etc.

I still take Prilosec once daily, and have no plans of stopping it any time soon. I just started working out again to tone up, and will going for my round of plastics consults after the first of the year. We are still "trying" to conceive, but I have given up on the charting and ovulation monitor. I had become obsessive about it, and that's not good for me, or my marriage. My son doesn't think I dress "age appropriately" because a girl at his middle school has the same pair of tights I wear on occasion. He said "mom, you can't wear those anymore, "E" has those same circly, purple tights and she's ONLY 14". . . I tried to explain to him that just because I'm nearly 34 doesn't mean I'm dead, and can't dress with style. I'm not rocking mini skirts and tube tops so in my mind, and per Stacy and Clinton, I am still within the guidelines of age appropriate clothing.

I do eat anything and everything I want. I have "bad" days when I don't hit Protein goals then there are other days I get in 100+gr per day. I don't track my food intake anymore as it's all kind of mental. I do a check in occasionally just to make sure my math is correct, and I eat anywhere between 1500-1800 calories a day. I do eat white carbs, but not in large quantities, and still follow the "protein first" rule 85-90% of the time. I eat dessert, I drink very socially, and I do not fret about food. I am just living life, and I go in this month for my 18 month follow up with my surgeon. I'll post my lab results once they are in, but it'll probably be closer to the end of the month for me to get in with Dr. M.

For those of you struggling right now, DO NOT GIVE UP on YOURSELF. This is a lifelong change and journey, try to remind yourself that you didn't get fat overnight, you're not going to get skinny overnight. For those of you just getting started, stay the course, find the path that works for you, and be smart about what you put in your mouth. Decision-making is a lot harder this far out. I can easily put away a lot of chips and salsa, pretzels with mustard, all junk food slides right down, and is just wasted calories. I do admit that some days I fall into the pit of hell on food choices, but I live each day for that day and do not beat myself up over it. I can't tell y'all enough how much this forum has meant to me, and the friendships I've formed over the last year and a half have been inspiring, and truly the best friendships I could have asked for. Thanks for all of the support, encouragement, and love that we've shared. I don't know what I would have done without y'all.

Now a new before and after side by side:

Pre-op stats: 270lbs, size 22/24W pant, 3-4X shirt, 8-8.5W shoe, 40-42D/DD bra, ring size 8.5

Post-op stats (in maintenance): 125lbs (I bounce up and down 3-5lbs on any given week) size 0-4 pant depending on where I buy them, Gap size 0, Old Navy size 0 and 2, Charlotte Russe 4 etc etc. Shirt size is xs to small, shoe size 7 (normal width), 32 TINY B bra, ring size 6

Before%20after%20sidebyside.jpg

You look so great. I have lost 64 1/2 pounds since May 14th. You have answered some of my post even and I am greatful for that. I come back every so often to see what is happening. Thanks for all the help you give to everyone. You are an inspiration.

Julie