Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Exercising with the WII

I have just been sleeved 2 weeks ago so I have not started yet but I am planning on using my WII when I can start on exercise and I was wondering if any of you guys use a WII. I want something fun that I can build on and need advice. I have not enjoyed exercise but know I must exercise to get my excess weight off and keep it off. Thanks for your advice.

ellie

Hey Ellie,

2 weeks... how are you feeling so far?

I used my WII for the first couple of months, until I felt strong enough to go out and about...lol

I mainly did low impact stuff on there, so the marching and walking ones were good for me... be careful though, not to do anything that will put a strain on the stomach muscles... check with your surgeon about when you can exercise the tummy area...

Good Luck!

Yeah, I was wondering if anyone has tried the Wii fit or the biggest loser/ Jillian Michaels type 'games'. Give us a report if you have :)

I use my wii all the time. I love the Dance Dance Revolution game. I waited until about 2 weeks after my surgery before starting and then for the next 2-3 weeks I only did things on beginner mode and I turned off the jump option. That way I was moving but not in a way that would hurt me and I made sure it was no more strenuous than a good walk. I have now put the new Zumba game on my list for Christmas... I can't wait!!!!

Good luck!

Av

Hello! @ two weeks I was doing 20 mins of step Wii Fit, and some simple yoga poses.

I have just been sleeved 2 weeks ago so I have not started yet but I am planning on using my WII when I can start on exercise and I was wondering if any of you guys use a WII. I want something fun that I can build on and need advice. I have not enjoyed exercise but know I must exercise to get my excess weight off and keep it off. Thanks for your advice.

ellie

I will be 3 weeks out tomorrow. I just started using my Wii Fit yesterday. I have been doing the steps for now. I did 800 yesterday and 1700 today. It's good because it gets you moving without hurting yourself this early on. I heard from my friend who is a Zumba instructor that the Wii game is quite the workout.....but the classes are more fun.

I have been loving my Wii fit. I am a week out and have been doing the basic step on the Wii fit plus. It is great!! I also like the accountability of checking my weight etc. at the beginning of each session. When I start back to the gym, I think I will continue with the Wii just for the accountability factor.

2 thumbs up for Wii Fit Plus here! I really like the step program and how it weighs you and tells you how many calories you burned for how long!

Glad to hear people like their Wii's I just got one have yet to use to...I think being weighed everything is a bit intimidating, but probably something that will help with accountability!

I will be 3 weeks out tomorrow. I just started using my Wii Fit yesterday. I have been doing the steps for now. I did 800 yesterday and 1700 today. It's good because it gets you moving without hurting yourself this early on. I heard from my friend who is a Zumba instructor that the Wii game is quite the workout.....but the classes are more fun.

i don;t have a Wii but my nephew does, and i have really worked up a sweat....i am seriously thinking of getting one for me......i have also been in the zumba class at my gym and i really love it too!!! i love any exercise that really makes me sweat.

EA Active is the best. I haven't tried the new Active 2 yet, I'm getting that soon. Even without the wii fit board, the Active game is a real workout!

I've used my Wii a few times now, and my favorite is the skiing game! Although to burn more calories I try and do the advance step. I still working on getting into a workout routine. I use the elliptical at my house sometimes but the Wii is a lot more fun!

I use my Wii every day. It's awesome.

I normally get on to do my Biggest Loser Challenge tasks for the day. Which take about 20 minutes. Then, I may do a little bit extra on there.

And, play Wii Fit plus for about 30 minutes to an hour. If not more.

A lot of fun