Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sooo... How are you today?

Hey everyone! Well here we all are. Together in one specific place, for one specific reason. But... I know that's not ALL I'm about. I have a life!!!

So, today is Friday - TGGGGG!!! I have a basketball game to go to on Sunday. I'm a Sacramento Kings fan and have quarter season tickets to their games. They suck, but oh well. I'm a very loyal girl!

Yesterday I bought the Butterball Turkey Fryer. It was 112 bucks at Walmart. This is going to be the first I'm ever going to do the Thanksgiving Turkey in a fryer. I've never even tried it fried!! But, all I keep hearing is how tender and juicy the bird comes out. Well with a 3 oz stomach I was worried how I'd get any dry turkey down my gullet. I'm hoping I can get more than 3 bites down!

It's going to rain here today in Sacramento, CA. That sucks. I'm a California girl born and raised. I like it sunny and 70 degrees. I know we need the rain, blah blah blah - but I guess I'm selfish like that. ;o)

So what's everyone's plans for Thanksgiving? In my family it's always been at my house. Never any big to-do but my Mom lives with us so all the brothers and sisters and cousins like to make an appearance. That's life in my world during the Holidays! :)

God bless!

Thanksgiving is at my place this year as well. Everyone is pitching in with items, so I only have a few items to prepare (including the turkey). It's always a little distressing being the one responsible for the main dish, but I love the Reynolds Turkey Bags - hard to mess up with one of those.

Also, I am a HUGE Black Friday girl. I'm one of the crazies who gets up in the middle of the night to do the sales. I spend most of Thanksgiving afternoon (when everyone is in their Turkey Coma) planning my strategy and finding the best sales. I'm a nut, but I LOVE IT. I've even convinced my husband to go out with me the past few years. We shop a while, go have Breakfast and then shop some more. Actually, I usually shop that day until the early evening. We go pick up the kids, have dinner, and then go home and CRASH. Can you tell how excited I am?????

Hope everyone has a great day. I have 5:00 tickets for Harry Potter - so it should be a good night. And yes, I am having buttered popcorn!!! It's planned so I am not going to feel one bit guilty about it. (OK - maybe a little guilty, but I'm still gonna have it!)

Hey girlie!! Oh yeah, you know when I sent the invite out to the house I told everyone to bring a dish and BYOB... bigtime. LOL :)

OMG how could I forget Black Friday!!! I'm already knowing Target is on the list. $3 small appliances... I need a new electric can opener. I'm sure I can find many other needless things to spend my money on - and I'm not even talking about Christmas gifts. It's all for me... haha!! I'm bad, I know.

We usually do the early morning rush too, and then breakky then more shopping. Exactly the same!

Have fun at HP tonight! I never really got into the whole book/movie HP thing. I know lots do though, so it will be jam packed at the theatres this weekend. Enjoy your popcorn lady... a treat once in a while is not a big deal. If you're like me though, watch yourself afterward.

For me, for the next two weeks I gotta bust a move! I haven't weighed in almost a week and won't again until Wednesday. I feel like I've lost maybe a few pounds since I last checked, but I still think I'm behind the curve on the challenge! Gah!!

Hugs!!!

Im in a huge fight with my sister-in-law. She totally talked about my Mom and Brother on Facebook. What an idiot! Knowing I'm on her friends list and fiercly protective over my Mom. We had TDay at her house last year but I won't be going there this year. We are going to my Father-in-laws house (Hubby's side this time) and bringing some side dish. Hubby told his Dad that I had the surgery and I know his Dad told everyone else. They are all thin so I'll be under the microscope while I'm there. I'd rather just stay home really.

Today I'm going to visit a friend who had the DS. Our boys love to play together and we talk WLS the whole time :) We will probably also go out to eat and split a plate of totally yummy food. Here in just a bit I have a chiropractor apt from our car wreck. Both boys are STILL asleep so that should be fun. I'm dying to go to Lane Bryant and take back a bra I had bought and down size it. I also wouldnt' mind trying on a few pairs of pants to see where I am X)

Im in a huge fight with my sister-in-law. She totally talked about my Mom and Brother on Facebook. What an idiot! Knowing I'm on her friends list and fiercly protective over my Mom. We had TDay at her house last year but I won't be going there this year. We are going to my Father-in-laws house (Hubby's side this time) and bringing some side dish. Hubby told his Dad that I had the surgery and I know his Dad told everyone else. They are all thin so I'll be under the microscope while I'm there. I'd rather just stay home really.

I am so sorry. :angry: I can totally understand wanting to avoid that.

DJax, I'm so sorry to hear about that! That is so terrible. I am on Facebook, but sometimes people go WAY over board on it. My status for today was: "Facebook: Destroying countless marriages and relationships worldwide, daily!" It's so true though... gah.

I hope you still have a nice Turkey Day, and hopefully no one will grill you about the surgery. I made sure everyone I told I literally swore them to secrecy. I just don't want all the questions, etc. When someone asks how I'm losing (because everyone is noticing now) I just tell them it's Atkins. It's true, and explains why I really only eat the meat off my plates... lol ;o)

Have fun today with your friend! Sometimes I wish I had someone who also had WLS and a friend. It would be so nice to hang out with them. You're very lucky!! And may your pants be very small at LB's later! :)

hey all

thought I would get in on the convo a little bit....lol

I have posted but no one seems to want to talk to me...lol :angry:

having been doing lots of research and I do beleive I am at the point that I am gonna go through with the sleeve. I unfortunatly didn't sleep last night as I pondered my whole life - but I am grateful for a second chance at life and living longer and doing some things that I have always wanted to do but couldn't because of my weight.

Next week a consultant comes to my city and I am going to talk to her and start the process....to which I am excited. I think my greatest excitement is going to be able to buy clothes from a normal store.... gosh I don't know the last time I did that... maybe 12-13?

Anyways, thanks for all your posts. I read them daily, it has been an inspiration to read them.

Sorry no one talked to you. I try really hard to get on here each day & look for new posts, but sometimes they get "lost".

Glad to hear that you are researching the sleeve. It's the best thing I've ever done for myself.

Harry Potter in 5 hours!!!!!

Hi Furry! Sorry it seems no one is talkin to ya! It's nothing personal I'm sure. Sometimes the chatter on here can go through so fast, older posts just get moved down really quickly.

Congrats on your decision! It certainly is one that I am VERY happy about that I did for myself. You WILL absolutely get to start shopping in normal clothing shops again! It has been possibly 20 years for me. I can shop at larger retailers now, like Penney's or Macy's but not little boutiques yet. I'm not quite into the 14 Misses yet. Almost though!!! :D

Mini... check in and let us know how you rate the movie! :o

Thanksgiving for me will be spent at work cooking over a hundred turkeys for the wonderfull tourists of Las Vegas. I have no family out here so this really does not bother me I have grown accustom to holidays with my work fmaily :) I am still on puree food at that point so I will most deffinatly be having some pureed turkey a bite or two of cranberry sauce and I may even work a bite of pumpkin pie into my cal and carb intake for the day! Well I am at work now so I guess I should get back to that, and then off to the gym. Hope every one enjoys there turkey day!!

Thanks for all the support gals. I'll have to just suck it up and see how it goes. It's one of maybe 3 times Hubby sees his Dad each year. To previous poster I had a few bites of pumpkin pie when I was on purees and lord was it heaven!

We don't Celebrate Thanksgiving over here so my life is completely Turkey free :D

Things are good! I'm going to take the dog for a walk in the forest, then meet up with friends in the evening.

Harry Potter was awesome!!!

:DThanksgiving at my home for about 10 years now (setting tradition for my kids)...my family usually comes from the bay, but doors always open to friends and other family as well! I had a pre-Thanksgiving dinner on Wednesday (church), and it was hilarious, I could only take a few bites, truly a MIRACLE!!!!!!

P.s. GO WARRIORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND BOSTON (I love Shaq and don't like the Lakers hee hee)

I had an amazing day/night yesterday ! ! ! I had my normal Breakfast with my girlfriends, then a meeting on base with my husband's squadron leadership, then Mexican for lunch with an old friend, then I had a jewelry show about an hour away and was so worried that it was going to be a FLOP ! ! ! But, it ended up being an amazing show at $1100.00 in sales, so for literally 5 hours of "work" including travel time I grossed $330.00 ! ! !

The mister had a big to do dinner ceremony with a special Lt. General, and we both got home late, but it was a fabulous day/night ! ! !

Today, we're just relaxing at home, the kiddo is at a friend's house, and it's just quiet and peaceful. I'll have another show tonight, and then home to hang out with the guys ! ! !